Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2210
    Ironic post ^^^

You guys hear about the motocross course on Mormon Row?

https://www.nps.gov/grte/learn/news/...-hay-field.htm

https://www.facebook.com/13025029365...16446361/?vh=e

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Ironic post ^^^

Rant time: IF ONE OF THESE TOWNS LET A MOTOCROSS TRACK BE BUILT THIS WOULDNT HAPPEN.

Rant over, sort of. This sucks, they shouldn’t of done that, I’m 100% against it, but to point fingers and say they are so bad how could they do this, yet keep blocking building motocross tracks in Jackson, Victor, and Driggs by the NIMBY crew is why this shit happens.

I’ve recent joined the throttle jockey club and damn it’s fun, but it’s hard to find places to play because of 1098749292 reasons that haven’t been reviewed since the 1920s/50s/80s. I get it, dirt bikes, sleds, etc are loud and used to be smelly. Well they still are loud but many of the rest of the issues were designed out because they were inefficient.

Tram note, I’m going to be pissed if the tram isn’t open to the public, just another reason I’m happy I got my sled.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    You know what they say, Ski or Die.
    Those of us who know better say Ski to Kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    You know what they say, Ski or Die.
    The correct saying is "Ski to Die".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200725_150300.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	335505
    Last edited by Ski220; 07-27-2020 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Add image

I’d be an advocate of an e-motocross course, if it weren’t dusty.
    But really, the noise travels too far to have one in either valley that didn’t degrade the quality of life of someone/many someones.
    Last edited by rideit; 07-25-2020 at 05:44 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Ironic post ^^^

So, apparently one of these fuckwits is Brody Jenner, of the Kardashian Clan, who was visiting Kanye in Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, apparently one of these fuckwits is Brody Jenner, of the Kardashian Clan, who was visiting Kanye in Cody.
    My hometown of Cody officially went the way of Jackson when the Kanye / Kardashian clan rolled in.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

My condolences to you all currently living in Jackson right now. Decided to drive over the pass this past weekend to camp over around Turpin/Togwotee, what a fucking shit show. In my 20+ years living here I’ve never seen it so crowded. Summers tend to be pretty busy anyway but nothing like this. In Buffalo valley shit heads were putting up tents in pullouts. Hang in there everyone hopefully we have an early winter and it thins out the crowds some.

hey jackson/teton valley mags - GF and I are bringing the travel trailer up from SLC and staying 5 nights (8/8-13) at the RV park just SW of victor, then doing 3 nights in yellowstone.

Planning to ride the targhee trails quite a bit (i'm excited to ride the imba epic there) but she's not as big of a MTBer as I am so we'll be looking for some other stuff to do as well. we have 2 inflatable paddleboards and river rafting tubes if that's a thing. Any thoughts for:

-good 10-15 mile, 2k-ish climbing mtb rides (or shorter) that are blue square level?
    -flat water to paddleboard, ideally near victor and maybe also "the best" place to go
    -beta on river floating/rafting/etc
    -good takeout beer and food spots in teton valley or jackson we should be aware of
    -best place to get melvin if we don't end up driving through alpine
    -anyone wanna have a beer or something?

we're being very covid safe as I have a preexisting condition, so not really doing anything inside, interested in commercial operations or shuttles, etc, but outdoor rec is no biggie.

Taco cart at Butter is the jam. Melvin beers are going to be available most places your drink of choice is sold, but check out Wildlife Brewing in Victor (takeout & outdoor seating only currently) also. Yetis Post for breakfast on the way to the Ghee.

Otherwise, I'm going to keep the "best" spots to PM, we are dealing with a bit of tourist covid escape overload currently. In terms of paddle boarding though, the Teton is mellow and just pick a spot and go, it is all flat, slow and meanders until you get up towards Tetonia and beyond.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Taco cart at Butter is the jam. Melvin beers are going to be available most places your drink of choice is sold, but check out Wildlife Brewing in Victor (takeout & outdoor seating only currently) also. Yetis Post for breakfast on the way to the Ghee.

Otherwise, I'm going to keep the "best" spots to PM, we are dealing with a bit of tourist covid escape overload currently. In terms of paddle boarding though, the Teton is mellow and just pick a spot and go, it is all flat, slow and meanders until you get up towards Tetonia and beyond.
    oh yea no need to go blasting best spots here, but if there's anything worth a PM i'll keep it to myself. appreciated!

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post
    My condolences to you all currently living in Jackson right now. Decided to drive over the pass this past weekend to camp over around Turpin/Togwotee, what a fucking shit show. In my 20+ years living here I’ve never seen it so crowded. Summers tend to be pretty busy anyway but nothing like this. In Buffalo valley shit heads were putting up tents in pullouts. Hang in there everyone hopefully we have an early winter and it thins out the crowds some.
    It's beyond bad. Traffic is a complete and colossal goat fuck most days. But if you know where to go, you'll be able to avoid everybody. This is last weekend's camp spot and we were the only souls there ... a little over an hour out of town.

Name:	IMG_0718.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	803.7 KB 
ID:	335611

Perhaps my favorite place in the area. I used to go up there four or five times a summer. Fall is magical too. How’s the road up these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    It's beyond bad. Traffic is a complete and colossal goat fuck most days. But if you know where to go, you'll be able to avoid everybody. This is last weekend's camp spot and we were the only souls there ... a little over an hour out of town.

Name:	IMG_0718.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	803.7 KB 
ID:	335611

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Perhaps my favorite place in the area. I used to go up there four or five times a summer. Fall is magical too. How’s the road up these days?
    Road is fine. The last half mile is where you need high clearance, 4wd.

It was remarkable we were the only people there for two days and nights except one fisherman who stopped by for an hour until he realized there's no fish there and one family in a rented side-by-side who quickly turned around when they saw me skinny dipping.

No fish? That place is a honey hole! Check it in fall.

Someone told me there was some spill there, sulfur maybe?
    Lots of huge salamanders, some beaver. The lake is so clear you can see pretty deep and I didn't see one fish, sup'd for hours out there.

Pretty spot, lots of wolf up there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Someone told me there was some spill there, sulfur maybe?
    Lots of huge salamanders, some beaver. The lake is so clear you can see pretty deep and I didn't see one fish, sup'd for hours out there.

WTF?

“While shocking, this is actually a very difficult case,” explained sheriff’s office spokesperson Jason Mower. “Wyoming is only one of a handful of states across the country without a bestiality statute on the books. Also, to satisfy the elements of a cruelty to animals charge, it’s our understanding that we would need to prove that the suspect’s actions in this case actually injured the animals.”
    . . .

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Oh my god, there needs to be a law? Imagine getting
    those pics on your game cam? I’ve seen some crazy shit but never man on horse.

That's rock springs. Terrible place. Diving with 22 plates anywhere between Pinedale and the rock you'll get pulled over and ticketed for driving too fancy and highfalutin.

Any update on the balloon accident at the village? Air Idaho flew over the house in a big hurray and into clouds they normally would avoid.

Please post whatever you hear, one of my best friend’s ex-wife is a pilot, and many of his friends.