Page 31 of 89 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Last year was good fun; Looking forward to more excellent turns and checking our safety needs.
    I'll be getting back from AAI @ Alpental the day before.

Ski ya soon!
    Sweet!
    I booked last night.
    Yes, excellent trip last year thank you.

Have fun @ Alpental!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Sweet!
    I booked last night.
    Yes, excellent trip last year thank you.

Have fun @ Alpental!
    I'll be visiting that same week too - let's make some turns!

I wouldn't mind if you just bring the 108s so we get hammered
    Last edited by kokomas; 02-05-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I’m going to ask a really annoying question about the forecast for the next four days . There’s some discrepancy between say NOAA and mountain weather ... the only reason it matters is if I try to bring two or only need one pair of skis . Currently packed 108 and 120 but likely now over the 50lb limit .

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    yeah rideit!

also bummed to miss the sunday meet up. husband and I hadnt had many days off together this winter and we chose to veg on sunday with the snow conditions
    psyched to get a couple laps Sat with SVS though- always a positive happy skier. butt bee careful my friend
    bummed to miss a 2bjenny jackson ski on sunday too. so few of us lady skiers that I should have rallied just for that. hopefully later this season
    haven't bumped into xtine yet this yr but look fwd to it as well
    I'll be back over before too long!

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    I’m going to ask a really annoying question about the forecast for the next four days . There’s some discrepancy between say NOAA and mountain weather ... the only reason it matters is if I try to bring two or only need one pair of skis . Currently packed 108 and 120 but likely now over the 50lb limit .
    mtn weather is pretty much noaa with expert local interpretation added
    his snow amounts at elevation are comparable to noaa I've seen - he shows 9+ for a couple days
    low elevations seem low because temp might be around 32

this is a good read
    https://www.mountainweather.com/2020...orthwest-flow/

of course, as with all storm forecasts, we could get skunked

Thanks ! I like the sound of that... fingers crossed

Seldom have I been so far into the whiteroom as I was today. Kelly Canyon.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Great shot LBL! Hope this cycle creams Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I'll be visiting that same week too - let's make some turns!
    excellent
    I imagine you have some fun Teton objective in mind too, so I look fwd to seeing you two and hearing about it
    skid luxury

In case you were hoping to ski Teton Pass on Thursday, there's no parking ALL DAY from gate to gate:

Special Weather and Avalanche Statement: WY 22 over Teton Pass will close for avalanche mitigation at 2pm on Thursday February 6, 2020. Changing weather and avalanche conditions could force an earlier closure.

Beginning at 8pm on Wednesday February 5, 2020, NO PARKING will be permitted between the Idaho State line (Milepost 17) and the closure gate at Wilson (Milepost 7). This closure will remain in effect through the day of Thursday February 6th .

Winter storm conditions will create hazardous travel conditions over the next 2-3 days on the highways leading into and out of Jackson, Wyoming. Please be prepared for additional road closures during this time period.

QUOTE=homemadesalsa;5885338]In case you were hoping to ski Teton Pass on Thursday, there's no parking ALL DAY from gate to gate:

Special Weather and Avalanche Statement: WY 22 over Teton Pass will close for avalanche mitigation at 2pm on Thursday February 6, 2020. Changing weather and avalanche conditions could force an earlier closure.

Beginning at 8pm on Wednesday February 5, 2020, NO PARKING will be permitted between the Idaho State line (Milepost 17) and the closure gate at Wilson (Milepost 7). This closure will remain in effect through the day of Thursday February 6th .

Winter storm conditions will create hazardous travel conditions over the next 2-3 days on the highways leading into and out of Jackson, Wyoming. Please be prepared for additional road closures during this time period.[/QUOTE]

Hey Homemadesalsa, where is this info posted? I’d like to pass it on to my co-workers. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sugarloaftrees View Post
    QUOTE=homemadesalsa;5885338]In case you were hoping to ski Teton Pass on Thursday, there's no parking ALL DAY from gate to gate:

Winter storm conditions will create hazardous travel conditions over the next 2-3 days on the highways leading into and out of Jackson, Wyoming. Please be prepared for additional road closures during this time period.

Hey Homemadesalsa, where is this info posted? I’d like to pass it on to my co-workers. Thanks[/QUOTE]

https://www.wyoroad.info/pls/Browse/...ctedDistrict=3

Gotdam it was chilly today. That wind is gonna be a factor for days. Bundle up.

Greenmachine - I gots another mag lined up to take you over into GC. If it works out, pm me to get it dialed.
    The ski area rents new demos for $10/hr.
    For an outta towner, it's a great way to roll a sweet new fat pow ride for an hour or two while the getting is goodest.
    Then back on yer DDs for the chop. Volkl, Blizzard, Black Crows, Fischer, Rossi, etc.

Awesome shot LBL. Cool that you got drawn into the white vortex.
    Delivering from the Eastern Spudrovian Highlands.

Hope this next waveset delivers, getting firmish out there.

edit: It just started nuking on the pass and also over in Ririe; Kelly canyon's gonna be another blower day tomorrow.

The 'Ghee was a touch firm, but improved with each run. Nice and light new snow.
    Last edited by new yabyum; 02-05-2020 at 07:53 PM.

North facing at the village was good. South was hilariously hard

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Seldom have I been so far into the whiteroom as I was today. Kelly Canyon.
    I'm no critic but that's one of the best pics I've seen posted here.

Props

8-12" of 8% in the last 24, mostly falling overnight. 600+ miles of wind at the summit.
    Gonna be a good one.

edit: to note that at 9 am the lines at the vill are longer than I've seen them all winter by far. Holy mackerel, it's off the hook.

It's gonna be an excellent one for a few , for a lap or three, eventually.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 02-06-2020 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Crowd explosion

8-12" of 8% in the last 24, mostly falling overnight. 600+ miles of wind at the summit.
    Gonna be a good one.
    Going to be a scary one in the back country. Be safe today everyone. Bowl will be smooth and filled in

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Going to be a scary one in the back country. Be safe today everyone. Bowl will be smooth and filled in

Was looking at the WYDOT cameras on the pass, there were two skiers who were dropped off heading towards the Edelweiss area. Dawn Patrol!

Well? We're waiting!
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Well? We're waiting!
    Scary but deep, just be safe

I took another one for the team today. Watched the lines swell/shrink on the webcams. Back on the clock tomorrow.

Who skied today and isn't too scared to talk about it?
    What were the conditions like. I gots ta know.

I skied the King and it was delightful- very light for valley level. but I know not what you were looking for lol

andrew said the village was pretty good but you had to be wary of sneeky ice moguls and he said north facing was very reactive
    looking at his videos it also looked windy AF- several white out moments from the wind.
    and then he said tram, sublette and thunder went down for wind around 3pm. tram too!
    skid luxury

I took another one for the team today. Watched the lines swell/shrink on the webcams. Back on the clock tomorrow.

Who skied today and isn't too scared to talk about it?
    What were the conditions like. I gots ta know.
    yeah those were some wild lift lines right before opening. did not go oob, but after being up high early, I actually had the most fun bouncing thru pleasant soft chop and pow bumps in some mid mountain trees...plenty of pockets of untouched deep snow, and no crusts there once it got packed a bit. really good skiing in those parts, not something I'll remember when I'm 80 though.

there were some really great bottomless heavy surfy turns to be had on the upper mountain early, but there was also some funky wind affected upside down snow, lots of ski tracks that left deep deep ruts, and sometimes it was hard to tell if your next turn was a knee deep pocket or an ice bump under a few inches. speared some big windlips in R bowl...it was not my finest opening run, but that's just me maybe. not bad, just not hero snow.

not to worry, djongo, tomorrow is gonna be the day. the next 10-24 inches of snow is gonna fall on packed powder inbounds instead of windslab and suncrust.