Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    http://www.jhavalanche.org/viewAdvisory

Snowfall rates slowed down during the day, however the upper elevations still managed to receive a few more inches of light snow. Densities of the recent snow were measured below 6% this morning. Last night’s significant accumulation and today’s new snow brought the total snow received since the new year to 100 inches in the Tetons. This snowfall contained over eight inches of snow water equivalent. Southwest winds today averaged between fifteen and twenty-five miles per hour. Temperatures at 9000 feet stayed near ten degrees.

this is some all time shit right here..the days are starting too blur together
    5 more days til the crowds show. better git sum

Why are crowds coming in five days?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    No, they sell beer and wine now. But honestly, you want to go to Big Hole BBQ, it’s much better. Just up the street. Full bar.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Why are crowds coming in five days?
    MLK weekend.

Nuking on the pass right now. Looks like another 6"+ of windblown and stacking. That'll feel like 10-20" easy.
    Another snowy, windy day in the Tetons. Snowloading is gonna get intense here shortly. Be smart out there beyond the ropes.

Skiing is tittaaaayyyz fo sho right now. Even the daily locs are all impressed with this cycle. Snowing/blowing for days on end is the preferred pattern.

My legs are thrashed, gonna take the day off.

I bet all of our regional areas are skiing great right now. 'Ghee must be as good as it gets.

KC looks great, thanks for the stokey, LBL. Sweet boot warmer, btw. What a li'l nugget...
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 01-13-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I bet all of our regional areas are skiing great right now.
    Things have been decent just a couple hours to the north but nothing even close to the all-time conditions you guys are seeing.

It has been fun living vicariously through this and the Utah thread.

I’m out of the pass loop. anyone been part of these "lively discussions" mentioned by Pistono in his jhavalanche observations?

bulk of the skiers and riders on the pass today having lively discussions about recent avalanches and the need to identify the persons involved and particularly heated talk about the 2 skiers who decided to ride the avalanche terrain on glory bowl following the active slide cycle
    Last edited by TG; 01-13-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post
    Oh man Targhee was deeeeeep today. This is about as good as skiing in the Tetons gets with more on the way.Attachment 310350 Not a bad start to 2020.

Parking was a total shit show though, looked like the bypass road was full by about 9:15.
    What site is that graphic from? I remember it from years ago but thought it was dead... Teton snow info or something?

Well the wind sure did a number on Teton Valley today. Spending the night at work as I can’t get home on the west side of the valley. Good times! Hopefully I can sneak in tomorrow to snag my ski boots!

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    I’m out of the pass loop. anyone been part of these "lively discussions" mentioned by Pistono in his jhavalanche observations?
    I watched those two center punch glory while digging up there.

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    What site is that graphic from? I remember it from years ago but thought it was dead... Teton snow info or something?
    Yeah it’s from Tetonsno info, I thought I was dead as well but it still seems to be kicking http://www.snoinfo.com/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Headed down your way. Hoping for some road openings otherwise gonna be taking the long way or waiting it out in rexburg.

Pass just closed again.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

KC looks great, thanks for the stokey, LBL. Sweet boot warmer, btw. What a li'l nugget...
    Blizzard conditions for the last 2 days. Problem has been getting here. It's great though. Prolly only running lifts 3 and 4 again today. Working Noon to 4. Going snowboarding afterwards.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

crowds nice and light this morning. got some really choice runs in before work. walk-on bridger makes that easy. that's the JH I fell in love with. if it breaks blue tomorrow, some fun will be had out the gates and in casper.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Headed down your way. Hoping for some road openings otherwise gonna be taking the long way or waiting it out in rexburg.
    Won’t open till tomorrow at the earliest. Best bet is heading around.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Won’t open till tomorrow at the earliest. Best bet is heading around.
    That's what I ended up doing. But I did try and check 33 before heading around.

some numbers to quantify what my legs are feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by jhavalanche.org
    It just keeps snowing and blowing and there’s more on the way. Today’s snowfall became quite intense in the morning hours. After a brief lull in the afternoon it began to snow some more. Today’s snowfall heavily favored the east slope of the Teton Range and the Greys River area. Those favored areas have received 12 to 18 inches since yesterday. ......

Ten feet of snow has fallen at the Rendezvous Bowl Snow Study site at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort since January 1. That 14-day total exceeds any previous total for that specific time period since the present record keeping scheme began in 1975.
    wonder what it will be like when the "real" depth and snow quality we keep hearing the PNW is getting finally comes our way?

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    some numbers to quantify what my legs are feeling.

wonder what it will be like when the "real" depth and snow quality we keep hearing the PNW is getting finally comes our way?
    It’ll get there. Today was in the top 5 best lift served days I’ve ever had (anywhere). God help your legs when this monster arrives in your backyard.

This has been such a stupid deep week and a half at the ghee. Can only imagine conditions over the hill. Mad Props to my Honda snowblower this week, had some crazy drifting at the homestead last 2 days

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    That's what I ended up doing. But I did try and check 33 before heading around.
    Basically all roads into Teton valley Idaho have been closed for 2 days now. I heard 7 foot drifts on 33.

Wow! What a difference a day makes. Snow was so good all the way to the bottom we took 2 Hoback runs right off the bat. If you could deal, afternoon runs off the top were even better than the morning.

With record setting snowfalls and more coming, we've extended our powder orgie a second time until the weekend even though supplies are getting low.

Funny thing (no one got hurt) happened in the tram line today. With all the snow and wind, quite a roof cornice has built up. To the point where a 15 foot piece spontaneously let lose, falling onto the line directly beneath. Among the plastered were 2 family's with 4 kids going up for waffles. A brief snowball fight broke out.
    Last edited by Ski220; 01-14-2020 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Cortect spelling

Does the airport operate in those types of conditions? I know Eagle and Aspen along with Hailey (Sun Valley) routinely get shut down when the snow flies.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Just returned from a 1-day blast-through with the wife. We hit the Village on Monday, which was... good timing. No crowds, ridiculous snow. The only minor drawback were the HORRENDOUS conditions up in Rendezvous Bowl. I felt a little bad taking my wife out there in that shit, but she persevered and, to her credit, didn't kill me at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Does the airport operate in those types of conditions? I know Eagle and Aspen along with Hailey (Sun Valley) routinely get shut down when the snow flies.
    For Jackson, if the airline flies big planes, they tend to get in. If they fly a small plane, they usually have to turn around or go to Bozeman when it’s stormy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums