Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    This edit is legit. Can't get back to 22 fast enough.

https://youtu.be/6vA4BuJM3_g

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Oh, Yes.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

If anybody passing through Pebble Creek needs a tour guide, hit me up. sanderhadley@gmail.com
    We've got a reasonably priced lift ticket, local brewery, Jim Dandy, and some mormons that keep to themselves. A damn good contrast to the crowded bigger ski areas of SLC, JH and Sun Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by sander_h View Post
    If anybody passing through Pebble Creek needs a tour guide, hit me up. sanderhadley@gmail.com
    We've got a reasonably priced lift ticket, local brewery, Jim Dandy, and some mormons that keep to themselves. A damn good contrast to the crowded bigger ski areas of SLC, JH and Sun Valley.
    you gonna come back and win kings/queens this year?

Ladies and gents a real deal ripper just walked in the room.
    Odds of a mini summit at pebble creek just doubled
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurgood Jenkins View Post
    Djongo: I have yet to meet you, but how on earth did Jackson Hole and Kelly Canyon get in the same thread title. Pebble Creek is pushing it. The Kelly Canyon marketing "team" must be going crazy.
    Yeah?

No.

And here's why: this sick dog just offered to show some lucky mag around his little stomping grounds. For many this would be something very unique to plan an entire season around.
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Thanks for kicking down Sander, very cool and generous.
    Hope you get with us this winter at the villy.
    Holla as we're around. A lot...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yeah Fugi, the Micro just went Mini, en route to full tilt boogie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been at Dad's in Florida for a month now, oof. Back in the Hole in 1 week.

Yeah, I've only skied a day or so every year at Pebble, but every time I'm there it's one of my top five days of the year. The best locals, the best vibe, and some freaking awesome terrain. Not to blow up the spot, but go there. And try to keep up with Sander. Good luck.

dj this looks to be a cool thread
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    dj this looks to be a mediocre thread
    FIFY

If I head out there I'll hit you up. Had a great day there last year and it, and some other small areas convinced me to want to do a small area tour, rather than an ikon or epic tour this year.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    dj this looks to be a cool thread
    Hell yes, my man... was thinking of you today. Did we take laps last year or was it only the safety meeting at Harry's? Will look forward to skiing witcha soon. C'mon down, bring the crew. We gots space for ya.

~~~~~~~~~
    The Vill webcam is looking mighty dry. WROD appears to be on though.

Forecast for teton village, the webcam is looking pretty damn dry but its looking like it will pick up quick.

Pray for snow

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

I may have a chick paying for a hotel room in jackson at the start of January if I stick around long enough. Wheels are turning, but a chance to rip with djongo and the rest of you is way tempting

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I may have a chick paying for a hotel room in jackson at the start of January if I stick around long enough. Wheels are turning, but a chance to rip with djongo and the rest of you is way tempting
    Whoa, big pimpin.

^ It happened to me last year in Big Sky. Dreams do come true.

Also, hows coverage on the pass right now? Slim pickings? In past years, I’ve measured over 100cm by Thanksgiving up on Glory.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How fucking much is 100 cm?

It's Wyoming dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

It's Wyoming dude.
    Three or four standing cats tall.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    ^ It happened to me last year in Big Sky. Dreams do come true.

Also, hows coverage on the pass right now? Slim pickings? In past years, I’ve measured over 100cm by Thanksgiving up on Glory.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    https://www.wyoroad.info/highway/web...TetonPass.html turns to be had on south side for the addicts and avalanche center folks, but I don't know anyone personally who has bothered recently. candide thovex could make a sick audi commercial straightlining the rocks on twin slides, airing the road cut, and landing through the panoramic sunroof, but nothing for us mortals on glory.

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

It's Wyoming dude.
    My avalanche probe gots da European check marks on it.

New business idea for ya Djongo - MAGA cowboy country avalanche probes with inch marks and a built in range finder. Touring tourists would love the hat and bronco logo.

Also, hows your dang knee healing up?

Hell yes, my man... was thinking of you today. Did we take laps last year or was it only the safety meeting at Harry's? Will look forward to skiing witcha soon. C'mon down, bring the crew. We gots space for ya.

~~~~~~~~~
    The Vill webcam is looking mighty dry. WROD appears to be on though.
    we were lapping everything....i remember a lot of andesite mach looney type stuff
    thanks mang, i will most likely make it down this year
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Three or four standing cats tall.
    Thank you, This I can work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    My avalanche probe gots da European check marks on it.

New business idea for ya Djongo - MAGA cowboy country avalanche probes with inch marks and a built in range finder. Touring tourists would love the hat and bronco logo.

Also, hows your dang knee healing up?
    Ok, that makes perfect sense now.

Knee is in the B+/A- zone, by my estimation; see the doc in 10 days for his assessment though.

I hate all that is Trump. Since long before he became the King.
    The only probe I got for him involves pulling a pin.
    - wrong thread Djongo?

Hope to ski ya at the Big or BB this season...or at least a safety meeting soon.

Micol- good, it wasn't a dream then. I will look forward to seeing you then, that's great news.

god -- I completely missed the MAGA acronym. . .
    ( take that Sh*t to assphat.

it IS going to be very hard to avoid in the next year...

I hate that Thirty-year life-long friends were Damaged four years ago...

my final word : WE Are in this together : Be Able to Work toward a mutually agreeable Solution Or gtfo
    ( Remember : Television - And a lot of the worldwide web ...
    Television is entertainment. )

Dj_, I Love where this thread started - stoke ON ! !!
    ( some of the rest of it, IS beyond my comprehension. ... )

take care of that knee : Be Able to ski in March
    ( not 'Just One more' )

I still love this place ( Thanks, tgr ! )

Could Not ski for shit last Friday - but I Was. back out there. in leather ! ( how cool was That !!!
    Polaris. Had to be forty years old ( thrift shop ; ... bucks. ) )

I ( usta think I was ) A skier. skiJ is tj

Thank you ! Dj ! !!!

Alright, Alright, Alright!

It's time for a new thread, like a Yearbook for each season.

With any luck, a multitude of you TGR maggots will be swinging through the Motherland this winter.
    I hope you shout out to some locals here as there are quite few who really dig showing others the hill and all it has to offer.

Skiing at The Vill is often more of a chess game rather than checkers. The angle of attack on any given day requires consideration of a multitude of variables: snow conditions, anticipated crowd size, lift opening timing yada yada.

This will be my 30th year here and it's still a challenge to nail it on the big days. I'm still the rare guy who beats the workers and stands in the dark by the Tram, debating where to start.

And for this assessment, one can have the single greatest run of their life. Over 4000 vert of untracked Blower, is fairly common if you're willing to get after it.
    And if you're gonna go thru all the caca to get here - Do not sleep in. You will regret that approach.

Rule # 1 - Get in front of the crowd. Bust out laps as strategically as possible.
    Rule # 2 - Don't let the massive line before opening freak you out. The lift system here can move a shitton of skiers in short order.
    Rule # 3 - Locals are polite, if not patient. We will talk your ear off if the vibe is right, maybe even show you the special places, our treat. If you're slow, that's ok, we'll wait or we won't.
    Rule # 4 - Skiing together really only means riding the lift together. Decide where point 'B' is and ski there (i.e. Thunder chair). We may not choose the same line, but let's ride up and have fun. Do it again.
    Rule # 5 - On the Chair. The majority here puts the bar down. If you pull it down too quick and hit a noggin, crunch an arm or rack the nuts next to you, it will get loud and rowdy real quick. Bet on it.
    Like, more aggressive than one would expect. Arguably the biggest faux pas.
    Rule # 6 - DO NOT assume you're the fastest, bestest skier out there. That's a recipe for disaster. Look uphill is a real thing here.
    ~~~~~~~~

There are a ton of extremely high caliber skiers here. All ages too. Very few of them are uncool. That's how we roll.

I always say - ' In a big snow year for the states, we are usually in the top 5 for season total snowfall ( competing often with AltaBird, Whistler, Tahoe areas) and in a low season, we almost always have more'. My 2nd year here we got 252", the least I've ever seen. I've had about 5-7 600" seasons. All very different.

I hope for the best, and plan for the worst. But truth be told, I'm always happy with whatever happens. I ski a lot. I am one of the luckiest guys on this forum.

I look forward to skiing with all the local and visiting mags this winter. Last year I started connecting with youse peeps at 11 @ Casper restaurant, mid mountain. Gonna be the default from now on.

Ski season opens here the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I'll be there with bells on; and my mega knee brace.

Already have a few mags lined up for Good Times;

But what about you? Are you gonna come and get some this year?
    bump. for sure : Grrreat post ! Thank You ! !!! skiJ
    Last edited by skiJ; 11-25-2019 at 10:15 AM.

So.......does Pine Creek fit into this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    So.......does Pine Creek fit into this thread?
    Dude --

don't be confused by location :

Dj's OP is The spirit of skiing. ! !!

PebbleCreek... And anywhere else -

tj

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the pebbs is the real deal shits when blessed with coverage and ill be back this season

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno