Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2210
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    How about Mountain Collective?
    Last I heard it didn't require reservations?
    I have until Friday to decide before they bump the price on MC ... they sweetened their offer adding a 3rd day of skiing.
    Hmmmmm

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Could be the season to defer ikon and go MC... would love to see MC come back strong

EWG - I get the impression that the mgmnt. has stopped selling season passes etc. for a month to let people from out of town get their daily tickets reserved. In other words, if you know your dates, call now and get your tickets secured. You're still in the sweet spot I'd guess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Koko - you get pass access via jhrl because of the GV unit being on their program?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I see a mini summit sizing up for 2nd week of January, before the long MLK weekend.
    Semi-confirmation from 4 PNW mags plus a likely few from SLC and maybe MT.

Plan to ski a day at the Really Big, Bridger Bowl, JH if it's snowing or maybe a daytrip over to Pebble creek in Poky. Maybe a day at Kelly canyon too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone notice the recent Turn?
    Reds in the canyon and yellows started popping out up higher.

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Thanks Deej. I’ll look into that. Already laid down the cash for the Ikon and need it for our home base skiing on the front range and SLC, so can’t back out of that. Complicated year.

^ yep except apparently only for two
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I have until Friday to decide before they bump the price on MC ... they sweetened their offer adding a 3rd day of skiing.
    Hmmmmm

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My thoughts as well.
    Three days at Jackson Hole, two at Grand Targhee and I've got three days at Snow King from the Monarch pass I just bought.

Steamboat's plan seems decent. No reservations for season pass holders. And destination visitors are taken care of. Some limited capacity, but otherwise looks like they get it. https://www.steamboat.com/the-trail-forward.
    We're two different beasts for sure, but one would hope JHMR takes some inspiration from these plans that prioritize passholders.

I heard 2020 snow is going to be flammable

Trying to drive from Jackson to south central ID this winter. If the pass is closed can you usually get around via Hoback and Alpine? Need to link up with 20/26.

*usually*
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Trying to drive from Jackson to south central ID this winter. If the pass is closed can you usually get around via Hoback and Alpine? Need to link up with 20/26.
    Man, lemme tell ya, if you're in the valley and both the pass and the canyon are closed, you are in for a treat.
    Only 3 ways into the valley; if they close, it'll be epic skiing.
    Unless you don't ski or are strictly a bluebird pow day kinda guy.

Pass closes unexpectedly a few times a season. Planned avy mitigation is scheduled, kinda. Canyon route rarely closes. If it does, it's a wyoming blizzard sitch, and you best get in touch with the locs/babybear...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Man, lemme tell ya, if you're in the valley and both the pass and the canyon are closed, you are in for a treat.
    Only 3 ways into the valley; if they close, it'll be epic skiing.
    Unless you don't ski or are strictly a bluebird pow day kinda guy.

Pass closes unexpectedly a few times a season. Planned avy mitigation is scheduled, kinda. Canyon route rarely closes. If it does, it's a wyoming blizzard sitch, and you best get in touch with the locs/babybear...
    If the ways into the valley close, bring big skis, be ready to ski fast, and pack enough pocket snacks to not stop all day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    EWG - I get the impression that the mgmnt. has stopped selling season passes etc. for a month to let people from out of town get their daily tickets reserved. In other words, if you know your dates, call now and get your tickets secured. You're still in the sweet spot I'd guess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Koko - you get pass access via jhrl because of the GV unit being on their program?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I see a mini summit sizing up for 2nd week of January, before the long MLK weekend.
    Semi-confirmation from 4 PNW mags plus a likely few from SLC and maybe MT.

Plan to ski a day at the Really Big, Bridger Bowl, JH if it's snowing or maybe a daytrip over to Pebble creek in Poky. Maybe a day at Kelly canyon too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone notice the recent Turn?
    Reds in the canyon and yellows started popping out up higher.
    i may no longer be quicks
    and im hopin like hells not to git dead
    im in
    text me yur addy or call sumtime
    im workin on a sij memorial on mountain tribute remembrance thing
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    chances are you won't have to deal with that. only 17 missions were done last season between the pass and the hoback canyon with the snake only being closed for about 12hrs overnight. usually the local media is notified about 12hrs in advanced of a scheduled closure.

Anyone heard of ‘Ghee ticket deals for this season?

If you hoping for "2fers" or a four pack, it won't happen this year.

IF ski club is your best bet.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I heard the Teton valley ski foundation might have something ,but the Pepsi 2/1 and 4 packs are toast. Keep in touch here and if anything drops we'll let ya know.

Last season IF Ski Club members only got 10% off. Not such a great deal now that Targhee’s prices have gone up. Used to be 20%

Just pulled the trigger on a cancellable reservation for the Wort hotel, 2nd week of December. Talking to the concierge this morning, and he has access to lift passes before they go on sale to the general public. Only issue, they are not offering any discounts, so it's the walk up window pricing. Ouch! But you are guaranteed tickets for the week you are there. But Ikon pass holders have to wait until Nov. 9th before they can start reserving, so that kind of sucks. Also, the tix bought through the hotel are refundable up to 7 days before arrival. My hotel reservation is cancellable up to 48hrs prior to arrival. In any event, kudos to JHMR for at least making the lift passes refundable.

I'm thinking of waiting until Nov. 9th, so I can at least get the 25% discount for the wife. She won't ski everyday, anyway.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    I heard the Teton valley ski foundation might have something ,but the Pepsi 2/1 and 4 packs are toast. Keep in touch here and if anything drops we'll let ya know.
    Do we know why the deals have disappeared? Is it a financial thing because of their planned expansion? Or other reasons?

I suspect it's corona related, trying to keep crowds manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on a cancellable reservation for the Wort hotel, 2nd week of December. Talking to the concierge this morning, and he has access to lift passes before they go on sale to the general public. Only issue, they are not offering any discounts, so it's the walk up window pricing. Ouch! But you are guaranteed tickets for the week you are there. But Ikon pass holders have to wait until Nov. 9th before they can start reserving, so that kind of sucks. Also, the tix bought through the hotel are refundable up to 7 days before arrival. My hotel reservation is cancellable up to 48hrs prior to arrival. In any event, kudos to JHMR for at least making the lift passes refundable.

I'm thinking of waiting until Nov. 9th, so I can at least get the 25% discount for the wife. She won't ski everyday, anyway.
    I doubt the mtn will be at capacity that early in the season but probably somewhat depends on the coverage at that point. Its usually fairly quiet until holiday week.
    Holler as it gets closer and hopefully we can have distanced party ski with the other local mags
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on a cancellable reservation for the Wort hotel, 2nd week of December.
    You'll love Lyle Waggoner's erotic cowgirl sculptures they have on display.

^^ haha, those were always a head scratcher for me. The Wort is a funny place, always has a very diverse crowd. Wonder if the rooms are actually nice.