Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2210
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A world class ski resort run by second tier managers. Like I said, they could fuck up a free meal.

They closed because it was easy and cost efficient. If this was 2 days after Christmas, the story would be different. They'll just call it a season tomorrow I bet. It's a first for me.

Reasons like too few workers is crap. And if ya can't plan accordingly for a storm as a ski area manager,well hell...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah Talisman, I gots me a new sweet shell for the warmer days. The majority of my gear is puffy and warm. I didn't have anything for the wet spring days but now I do. Super fancy and fits quite nicely.
    Thanks again to MiCol for the sweet treat and The Mayor for wrangling it all and getting it to me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cripes I had another 7 inches in the driveway this morning and a 3 foot berm at the end. Stoked to have a new snowblower this season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

UglyMoney - you're in town now? Cool...Holla. I can see you on the lift from my porch. That may be only the second entry all season for photos from the King!

You really are one of the dumbest cunts on this forum.
    Take a lap gimp
    crab in my shoe mouth

And you're everyone's tool. Even the EC'ers dog you out.

But at the end of the day, you never say shit to anyone to their face. Because you're the in-house PUSSY. Stay home and shut up. Or show up and put up.

PUSSY = Buttahflake

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    And you're everyone's tool. Even the EC'ers dog you out.

But at the end of the day, you never say shit to anyone to their face. Because you're the in-house PUSSY. Stay home and shut up. Or show up and put up.

PUSSY = Buttahflake
    Heh.

They'll close for the season. I'm sure statement is just getting fine tuned. Schools will shutter by tomorrow as well.

I hear SK is a bit of a war zone today.
    Just dropped my kid off at 11:00...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Targhee shutting down after today https://buckrail.com/grand-targhee-w...e-after-today/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Schools closed starting tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    96.7 the Mountain, just announced a confirmed case of C19 in Teton Valley Idaho.

Get out the big fork...stick it in
    Sometimes I hate being right........

Upside down, warm wet and cracky just now on the pass (Taylor). The road itself was as bad as I've ever seen it too. No pics.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Well, there ya have it.

After closing for the day Sunday, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort has taken its decision a step further. It is now closed for the season as a response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

"It is with great spirit for the love of skiing and riding in the mountains that JHMR thanks you for a safe and memorable season," the resort wrote in a notification on its JH Insider App. "JHMR looks forward to welcoming you back soon."

The decision apparently came after a "verbal order" to cease operating from Governor Mark Gordon.

The resort said it would work with guests and pass holders to offer refunds and credits. It also said it would offer two weeks of scheduled pay and benefit protection to employees affected by the change.
    https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/jacks...79bd4746b.html
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Thank god for the strong stock market, amirite?

Fuck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swiftsilentdeep.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	974.7 KB 
ID:	320428  

^Moving along...

With the village officially closed for the season... what’s the “official” uphill policy from here to the end of the projected ski season end date? Anyone with knowledge of the situation?

After that, “it’s frowned upon” by forest and mountain staff due to elk migration and off season work...?

-deej
    I'm against picketing... but I don't know how to show it...

Quote Originally Posted by gointhedistance View Post
    ^Moving along...

With the village officially closed for the season... what’s the “official” uphill policy from here to the end of the projected ski season end date? Anyone with knowledge of the situation?

After that, “it’s frowned upon” by forest and mountain staff due to elk migration and off season work...?

I’d stay off/out of the village until patrol breaks the resort down (takes the lines and bamboo done). After that I think it’s fair game? I have in the past and I know people do tour up.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

UglyMoney - you're in town now? Cool...Holla. I can see you on the lift from my porch. That may be only the second entry all season for photos from the King!
    Yeah...today was super fun. Really heavy wet snow but deep and a blast till the end. The stoke meter at Snow King was pegged. No but hurts over covid19 closings in attendance. Maybe some funny antics over 6 foot lifting spacing rules.

We are isolating at the Cabins next door Djongo. Probably stick around for few days to hike and enjoy and read and relax. We are avoiding buses and restaurants and just eating/grilling here.

Things could be worse and likely will be soon. Arrgghh.

Grateful for today. Skied the King a lot in the 70's with my late sister when my parents holed up at the Antler for weeks on end and she'd have hooted and hollered the day away if she was still with us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Really curious as to when SK pulls the plug.
    I bet they had record revenue today.

They are done as of this evening is what everyone is saying.

Here is a shot my wife grabbed of me from the chair in the cut up. So....fun. A surreal day at Snow King.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 03-21-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Yup, closed.

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Upside down, warm wet and cracky just now on the pass (Taylor). The road itself was as bad as I've ever seen it too. No pics.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    I was across the street in Mt. Oliver environs. Trailbreaking was about as bad as it gets but we had fun skiing the northwest facing trees. We did hear a collapse but didn't get anything moving. I didn't call anyone because I didn't want to be the Utah guy that introduced coronavirus to any valley residents, but it looks like it found it's way here anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3525.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	320477

It kinda sucks that JH, GT and SK are closing, but I understand the decisions. FWIW, Bogus Basin over here in SW Idaho is still open, they're gonna try to keep the lifts spinning and they've shut down everything else... food service, rentals, lessons, etc. Hopefully that can hold up. We just had possibly the best powder day of the season today!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Here is a shot my wife grabbed of me from the chair ripping the cut up. So....fun. A surreal day at Snow King.
    FKNA. Looks like a good way to end the lift served season.

Official policy is zero uphill travel permitted, and allegedly they will be enforcing this somehow, maybe they’re allowed to fine you but no one really knows.

That said if you skin up rock springs and then ski down inbounds I don’t think they can do very much but again who knows.

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/ne...f56da61c5.html

Avy fatality in the Pebble Creek BC today.