Page 42 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2210
    Sort of wish East ridge would come back. Save me from 3-295829105 box waits

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Old tram was removed and replaced from summer 2006 through fall of 2008.
    2 seasons; the first one was a lean 300" season plus a bit. The second was a little over 600".
    That first season we would race to the top and ski 5 or 6 laps because that was the only good skiing to be had. Then the line would get long.
    The second season was a dream because we had so many fat pow days and again, racing chairs up would get you multiple laps in R. bowl.

I remember skiing with Parris one morning when those experimental 'Doobie' skis he made were pretty new. Just pointing and barely butternoodlin' them around... Boot to kneedeep laps in the bowl are a rare event indeed. It otherwise always involves a big mtn. lap.

~~~~~~~~~~~`
    In other news, I took a mike Tyson left hook in the hard bumps under that otherwise beautiful windbuffed fresh on Monday.
    Flat out cleaned my clock.
    Veered 5 feet off the tracked and ricocheted a tip in the edge of the bumps. Both skis come off and I take a hidden bump to the right jaw.
    Snaps menecky good, Chiro here I come.
    Full body slam, of course. The kind where you debate consciousness, breathing and pain, level of brokenness, all in the few seconds before you scrape yourself upward.
    I get up, shake it off and see a ski sliding away. No brakingaction, damn, bounces off small tree and disappears. Double damn.
    I regroup and one ski it to the faintest line the ski left and try to follow, shortly even that tracer disappears.
    Standing there, my sitch was less than ideal - about 600 ft. below the top of the gondy, walking up for a loaner ski was unlikely as my weak leg was beginning to ache. Triple damn.

People skiing by, none stopping. Didn't really expect it but I was warning them away from hell's bump kitchen.

Good thing we had just had a long safety meeting so I was mentally prepared. I looked at where the ski track had ended and lo, there was a red patch the size of a quarter showing.
    I said thank you out loud more than once.

Clicked in, skied a few laps and realized my leg really hurt.

Drove home before that clusterfuck on the Moose-Wilson Road.

I don't think I did any damage to the repair but I def yanked the sheisse outta something. I'm going from second string to third. Dropped from the J.V., down with the Frosh.
    I felt better today but hard to get around and sore as a Mofo. I've been trying all winter to be safe and smart, this was caused by a lack of the latter.
    And for that, I suffer. I knew it was deep dust on crunchy bumps, but like an old lunker, I still took the bait and got caught.

With any luck, I'll get tossed back in soon. I'm suffocatin'.

Positive vibes DJ. Hang in there duder
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Glad you missed the shit-show.
    Heal up!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Sounds like ur head took one 4 the team.

btw; what life # ru on

healup
    ​I am not in your hurry

Heal fast DJ. I must've just missed the shit show on the Village road. Skied from 9to noon and then headed for Boise. As my wife and I drove through that whiteout, I felt there was a wreck just waiting to happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Sounds like ur head took one 4 the team.

btw; what life # ru on

healup
    Hey there my friend, that's an interesting perspective. I'll be pondering that 'what life #' question for a while.

Thanks for the positives my brothers, feeling better today. If things relax like they seem to be, I think no real damage. Sometimes skiing hurts.

Reminds me that I got shit left to learn, like listening to my own good advice.

Ours is a risky sport.

Taking a hard hit sucks. I took one in Dec. I slid a fair way in Cheyenne Bowl some and a guy brought my ski to me. For that I was most thankful.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Hey there my friend, that's an interesting perspective. I'll be pondering that 'what life #' question for a while.

Thanks for the positives my brothers, feeling better today. If things relax like they seem to be, I think no real damage. Sometimes skiing hurts.

Reminds me that I got shit left to learn, like listening to my own good advice.

Ours is a risky sport.
    We all take our hits. It’s part of skiing. Learning after them is the key.

Good luck DJango, you’ll bounce back just fine.

I can be a little dense sometimes.

I bounce like a lump of lead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh the relief of not having to make a plan, because you just can't find the ski.
    Yes!Yes!Yes!

I'da been hollerin at the peeps on the gondy to send me a troller with a loaner.

I had a similar hard bounce off of Casper when I ventured into the buried bumps skiers left of the groomer, and I body checked the front side of a bump.
    Luckily I had two guys with me who were able to find my missing ski 200 feet downhill in a large evergreen.
    I broke the sunglasses in my chest pocket.

Heal up quick, djongo
    Aggressive in my own mind

Sucks, hope you heal up quick Djongo. I had a pre-release earlier this season on hardpack and pile-drived into the snow with my face. It felt like Mike Tyson bitch-slapped me.

Get better soon DJ, you've paid a lot of stoke out. Hope it comes to pay you back with some quick healing..

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Sort of wish East ridge would come back. Save me from 3-295829105 box waits

^THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

heel up for the next cycle DJ.
    and then this happened.
    https://snowbrains.com/video-squaw-v...ckson-hole-wy/

east ridge back would be dope. so many days when the bowl is so MF good this yr. might make the tram line like 30 people less, but I'll take it

DJ- heals. haven't skied and safety'd with you in a bit so lmk when you're back out and at 'em

that double back flip kids these days
    skid luxury

Dang. Impressive double, holy shit. As for other first-time Jackson visitors: Jungst posted a recent photo of Mike Kern in IG, saying that Mike's first time at Jackson he skied Central. He got the first descent of it, according to Tom, first run of the day too.

Then Conway (he used to post here, or still does?) replied saying central had actually been skied before, but without an air: "Actually Tom, YOU did the first ever direct entrance to Once is Enough at Jackson that day. Coombs and I did the first ever nonstop of Central, there was no air that year. Mike was with Doug and I in Central and that was his first run EVER at Jackson Hole. Was a big day for the Bridger crew and the locals were chapped at the VC apres at the end of the day"

Anyways my point is it's REALLY really hard to go to Jackson and show up the locals, and the history of the place is pretty cool. And also follow Tom on IG, he has been posting some classic shit.

And no I don't know who Kern is either. At BB there is a pic of him in the lodge, that's all I know of him. Underground ripper?

Word on the street is no more Jackson on the Ikon base.
    Live Free or Die

DU, that sucks. Sounds like an adventure. OUCH!. Feel better. Hope that it doesn't ruin you spring.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Word on the street is no more Jackson on the Ikon base.

Sure looks like you're right

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    So blackout's would still apply to the 150 upgrade (to get 5 days at the village) from 699 base pass?

With the $999 pass, one gets 7 days and no blackouts?

We're still using the MC pass and will continue to do so at this point.
    Aggressive in my own mind

So it will cost you $849 to ski 5 days at Jackson next year using an Ikon pass. This year a day pass cost $170. 5 x $170 = $850. Plus all the other days at other mountains. Still a no brainer.

But, but, but who will you blame for the Tram lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    With any luck, I'll get tossed back in soon. I'm suffocatin'.
    bummer.
    condolences d00d.
    get on the cumin/curcumin anti inflams, kick back with Marx bros/MontyP/Mr.B and light cycling, heal well.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Dang. Impressive double, holy shit. As for other first-time Jackson visitors: Jungst posted a recent photo of Mike Kern in IG, saying that Mike's first time at Jackson he skied Central. He got the first descent of it, according to Tom, first run of the day too.

Then Conway (he used to post here, or still does?) replied saying central had actually been skied before, but without an air: "Actually Tom, YOU did the first ever direct entrance to Once is Enough at Jackson that day. Coombs and I did the first ever nonstop of Central, there was no air that year. Mike was with Doug and I in Central and that was his first run EVER at Jackson Hole. Was a big day for the Bridger crew and the locals were chapped at the VC apres at the end of the day"

Anyways my point is it's REALLY really hard to go to Jackson and show up the locals, and the history of the place is pretty cool. And also follow Tom on IG, he has been posting some classic shit.

And no I don't know who Kern is either. At BB there is a pic of him in the lodge, that's all I know of him. Underground ripper?
    i think there are a lot of grown up jaded locals that don't get butt hurt over things like this now. there could be some up and comers that feel differently. i enjoy seeing another resort crew givin it there best on some of jacksons finest hits. the level of skiing and confidence it takes to go to another mnt and tear it up is awesome to see. i hope miles has more to come and i hope he's loading some footy up now