Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2210
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Not as epic a day as yesterday, but still got some great laps in including a center punch on the Headwall cliff band that I’ve been staring at the past few days.

Attachment 316218
    me likey, pics like this make me so jealous of those bluebird days. and there's a train going up powder 8's on webcam now
    https://www.jacksonhole.com/live-mountain-cams.html

I am coming in tomorrow evening. I plan to ski outside the gates most of my 5 days there starting Thursday. hit me up if you want to hang, I have a place in town and plan to ski fairly hard while I am there. cant wait to get to some cold temps, this summer weather in Ca has me skiing like its May, not Feb.
    Last edited by Truckee Joe; 02-18-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    me likey, pics like this make me so jealous of those bluebird days. and there's a train going up powder 8's on webcam now
    https://www.jacksonhole.com/live-mountain-cams.html
    WTF. There are no lines anywhere! Where is everybody? Just spent the last 4 days in SLC. Was pretty quiet here too. Is the economy finally catching up with people?

Oh no, there's lines. But way less than the big junkshow. Damn near feels like normal actually.

Good time for OB as pack is stout, sun is out and temps are very winter like. Single digits to near freezing for a few days.

Cold corn cycle anyone? About that east facing aspect...
    And shady chalk, maybe drying out a bit and becoming styrofoamy and carvy. Still much softness around.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn babybear, that's twice now in what, a month? May I suggest a 2 pound avy charge for the culprit... Explosives!

On the next sunday-ladies day that it's pounding, I'd like to bring up the rear please. Jus' sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post

poor husband gimped himself up again on saturday morning and had to take it easy this powder cycle. it was hard to conceal my glee
    he tagged this little snowsnake in Mr Toads on saturday morning and jacked up his ankle again. I want to go find it and saw that bastard branch out
    Attachment 316261
    Oh, f that shit! That sucks!

It's expected eastside trees but not so much in a deep snowpack.

I am so jonesing to be out there. I have to wait another month. The corn cycle will be in full effect I expect at that juncture.

Got a leisurely start at 10am today after three days of early ups. No lines and got in more sublette and thunder laps than I can count. Lots of soft bumps everywhere! Back again tomorrow I think...

Mmmm... Thunder laps...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2467.jpg 
Views:	1194 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	316413
    very relaxing day out there.

Gotta love these longer days. Nothing like a little dusk patrol to get the taste of work out of my mouth. South facing stuff is still skiing pretty well. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4529.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	316419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4493.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	446.6 KB 
ID:	316420Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4487.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	802.6 KB 
ID:	316422

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

love the dusk patrols!
    Aggressive in my own mind

Name:	IMG_4802.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	316442

Wstdeep getting his a few days after the storm, this has been one good year. Cold today, but the snows staying good

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

better late than never !!
    I headed up for my first time to JH with some friends at the beginning of the month. We arrived to mid 40s and a subfreezing night, leaving us super frozen conditions for our first morning out. Kinda shocked after what, 13' of snow in the weeks leading to the trip. That said, conditions QUICKLY improved and the week ended with legit pow and we even got lucky with a bluebird day. I can't believe it took me so long to get there. The resort terrain is magic, and I can't wait to get back. Anyway, a few meager pics for you.

Name:	bluebird (1).jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	316476

Name:	IMG_2621_Moment (3).jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	349.5 KB 
ID:	316479

Name:	nick (2).jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	316482

Name:	IMG_9363 (2).JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	472.5 KB 
ID:	316483

Glassing for ungulates out the back window and I noticed some one center punched the Martini Glass up Darby. I'd wouldn't do it, but impressive none the less.
    Last edited by new yabyum; 02-19-2020 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    better late than never !!
    I headed up for my first time to JH with some friends at the beginning of the month. We arrived to mid 40s and a subfreezing night, leaving us super frozen conditions for our first morning out. Kinda shocked after what, 13' of snow in the weeks leading to the trip. That said, conditions QUICKLY improved and the week ended with legit pow and we even got lucky with a bluebird day. I can't believe it took me so long to get there. The resort terrain is magic, and I can't wait to get back. Anyway, a few meager pics for you.
    Thanks for the pics, senor! I've been skiing up to JH a bunch and I have NEVER gotten a view of Rendezvous Peak/Rock Springs/Cody Bowl/Tetons/etc. Some day I sorta hope to get a clear day like that...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Thanks for the pics, senor! I've been skiing up to JH a bunch and I have NEVER gotten a view of Rendezvous Peak/Rock Springs/Cody Bowl/Tetons/etc. Some day I sorta hope to get a clear day like that...
    well then, have another same/different with a bit moar view.

Name:	bluebird (2).jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	882.7 KB 
ID:	316526

Pretty nice with the sun out. What a winter.

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Damn babybear, that's twice now in what, a month? May I suggest a 2 pound avy charge for the culprit... Explosives!

On the next sunday-ladies day that it's pounding, I'd like to bring up the rear please. Jus' sayin'.
    yes on the explosives for that bastard branch- I'll bring some bottle rockets this weekend. I love trees, but you f*ck with my husband's skiing and I blow you up

and lol yes will text you next time I have the ladies ski day. They enjoy skiing powder and being safe as well

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    The 1st time I visited Jackson I didn't see the mountains at all. But yet I still chose to move here. probably bc I came from WA and VT prior to that- It only gets sunnier than those places
    But the winter here is decently sunny- we're in a week long stretch now. time to work on my goggle tan
    skid luxury

Been busy with work at the hill / car issues and 2 new grand-babies born 6 days apart.

Hill is packed powder, but beat to shit. It's good, but nothing to brag about. Still about foot and a half of snow in my backyard here in Ririe. Thermometer says -7 and the east wind is blowing.

Some old timey KC .
    This is the face where lift 1 is now.

A few years later.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Been busy with work at the hill / car issues and 2 new grand-babies born 6 days apart.

Hill is packed powder, but beat to shit. It's good, but nothing to brag about. Still about foot and a half of snow in my backyard here in Ririe. Thermometer says -7 and the east wind is blowing.

Some old timey KC .
    This is the face where lift 1 is now.

A few years later.

That "Ski Boat" is quite the contraption.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    You better get it right if you try to jump on that thing mid way up.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Very cool, so much has changed in the ski landscape from Rope tows and T bars. I can remember when a t-bar going in was a BIG deal at least until we figured out how much slower it was than a rope tow....

Cold and clear, good day for a solo walkabout:

Up Cody, it was a total Rime field at the top and so cold you could hardly slide.

Looked in to Central but the top half was like a polished pool table top...tilted at about 50 degrees. No chance to recover from a mistake and my stomach and balls said no so I passed and took No-Shadows down. Breakneck was the consolation prize but lots of tracks in it already and that made line choice a limited challenge. Up Four Pines, down Drews to G River and over to Sweetie/Teton for a TNT in Granite and a track out that had the grip of new velcro getting back to the Village.

A fair bit of work but covering north to south and so satisfying...except the grind out of granite where for the first time ever I debated walking up the sidestep...it was that slow.

EDIT: I can't figure out why the Entry to Central is sideways and can't fix it ????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2941.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	961.3 KB 
ID:	316675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2942.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	316676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2944.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	935.8 KB 
ID:	316677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2945.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	316678  

Name:	IMG_2944.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	603.3 KB 
ID:	316679

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Cold and clear, good day for a solo walkabout:

Up Cody, it was a total Rime field at the top and so cold you could hardly slide.

Looked in to Central but the top half was like a polished pool table top...tilted at about 50 degrees. No chance to recover from a mistake and my stomach and balls said no so I passed and took No-Shadows down. Breakneck was the consolation prize but lots of tracks in it already and that made line choice a limited challenge. Up Four Pines, down Drews to G River and over to Sweetie/Teton for a TNT in Granite and a track out that had the grip of new velcro getting back to the Village.

A fair bit of work but covering north to south and so satisfying...except the grind out of granite where for the first time ever I debated walking up the sidestep...it was that slow.

EDIT: I can't figure out why the Entry to Central is sideways and can't fix it ????
    that sounds like a great day. ya no glide back there in these temps, looks like breakneck was hit proper with the dead tree airs and that double lookers left

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    that sounds like a great day. ya no glide back there in these temps, looks like breakneck was hit proper with the dead tree airs and that double lookers left
    The double was large, about 40' then 20' all from a ratty launch. Looked like he stuck a ski on the landing of the 40' and took off on one for the 20'.

Thanks for flipping the entrance pic N1CK