Page 19 of 89 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Mental mental mental run off Glory this AM. Haven't skied snow that blower, and that deep, since Japan last year. Had four turns in a row down Shovel Slide where I could not see anything in front of me since the pow cloud would not let up. Gaaaaah!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teton Pass 1.9.19_Sam Petri_Ryan Dunfee photo_-5.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	309867

Name:	Teton Pass 1.9.19_Sam Petri_Ryan Dunfee photo_-7.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	309868

Name:	Teton Pass 1.9.19_Sam Petri_Ryan Dunfee photo_-8.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	309869

So out of focus... but whatevs!

Name:	Teton Pass 1.9.19_Sam Petri_Ryan Dunfee photo_-9.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	309870
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Nice pics! This injury bullshit sucks. Gonna give it a shot this wknd. See some of you out there.

Winter in the Tetons. I love this place.

Blower Deeps, Slidey Steeps.

Get Safe Mags.
    Ski Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Winter in the Tetons. I love this place.
    Friggin A! Having to really keep myself from rebooking my flight for late next week instead haha. But grateful for al the amazing skiing I've been able to do since I got here.

By any chance is anyone driving to SLC this Sunday? Need to get down there for my Monday AM flight home.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Hot damn I love NW flow. Ghee was the deepest 6” Everrrrrr. And dumping as I left.

5★
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    Yep here we go. The pass parking was full this morning with vehicles lined up waiting and people skiing all over Glory, and then Twin Slides goes and hits a truck. Here comes the close the pass to skiers lobby.

Hope y’all are skiing today . Coming out in early feb and waited too long on lodging . Pm if you know of a way to get a deal on any of the lodging in the village (not the hostel) . Continuum is booked over Friday pm. Prices have jumped at Teton mtn lodge , terra , etc...

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Sorry to hear about the broken binding but sounds like you still got in some good skiing. Would you mind sharing what broke on the Zed heelpiece and how it was repaired?
    Zed stomp plate disengaged from the metal spring lever, and then the 2-part brake handles came apart in the stupid black plastic connector under stomp plate.

Removed entire heel piece from the 2 side tracks, pulled off brake and spring and all the malfuctioning bits, then just went old school no brakes, pulled up toe piece to lock in boot and it worked fine.

Tools needed: posi-drive bit and flat spot to work. Now I know.
    And I could have made it work just fine with a couple of voile straps across front of boot/ back of binding heel- I have done that a few times for sure.

Dumpage. It was S5 for a couple hours there... Sounds like Glory and Twin went over the road, not sure if they are ASu or N. Glad I am not in Fitz's boots right now (WYDOT avy forecaster).

Keep the rubber side down, folks.

Honestly if people can’t keep from skiing slide paths above the road after 6”+ of moisture and a bunch of wind then I am fine with them closing access to Glory Bowl and twin slides. Been a pass skier for 10+ years and never skied them anyways

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Zed stomp plate disengaged from the metal spring lever, and then the 2-part brake handles came apart in the stupid black plastic connector under stomp plate.

Removed entire heel piece from the 2 side tracks, pulled off brake and spring and all the malfuctioning bits, then just went old school no brakes, pulled up toe piece to lock in boot and it worked fine.

Tools needed: posi-drive bit and flat spot to work. Now I know.
    And I could have made it work just fine with a couple of voile straps across front of boot/ back of binding heel- I have done that a few times for sure.

Dumpage. It was S5 for a couple hours there... Sounds like Glory and Twin went over the road, not sure if they are ASu or N. Glad I am not in Fitz's boots right now (WYDOT avy forecaster).

Keep the rubber side down, folks.
    Thanks for the info. I've got this year's Zed, and I believe G3 claims this problem is solved in the new heelpiece. I have an unused set of stomp pads (in two heights) from last year if you need them (I think they released multiple heights of stomp pads to fix your problem?), just shoot me a PM if you want them and I can put them in the mail.

Straight up pow fever this morning up there. 'Teton Considerable' and all the jackassery that comes with it.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've got this year's Zed, and I believe G3 claims this problem is solved in the new heelpiece. I have an unused set of stomp pads (in two heights) from last year if you need them (I think they released multiple heights of stomp pads to fix your problem?), just shoot me a PM if you want them and I can put them in the mail.
    Thanks but I am gonna let my mechanic work it out with G3, then ski my Chargers with Dynafit Verticals. We replaced ONE of the Two heel pieces last year- not sure why we didn't do both at the same time? It's too deep for the BD Routes anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Straight up pow fever this morning up there. 'Teton Considerable' and all the jackassery that comes with it.
    Hummm have you heard me and PanchosDad say that a time or two?

wydot photo on the f*book shows the truck that was "hit" by the slide, with *tire tracks* visible behind it. As David Gonzalez pointed out in comments, if he was hit by a slide that size, how can you see his tire tracks? DGZ confirmed with WHP at scene, truck driver arrived after slide had stopped, tried to drive through.

keep my f*book browsing totally sandboxed, so I cant copy&paste any links or photos, easy enough to find.

Heard about a full on fist fight in the pass parking lot this morning around 8 or 830, anyone see it? Dudes were full on rolling around in the ground, blocking cars in the lot from leaving, supposedly
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Thanks but I am gonna let my mechanic work it out with G3, then ski my Chargers with Dynafit Verticals. We replaced ONE of the Two heel pieces last year- not sure why we didn't do both at the same time? It's too deep for the BD Routes anyway!
    Saw some skis with a bunch of raven stickers in Yostmark this morning. Jake was making grumbly noises about Zed brakes sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Heard about a full on fist fight in the pass parking lot this morning around 8 or 830, anyone see it? Dudes were full on rolling around in the ground, blocking cars in the lot from leaving, supposedly
    Put that in the "Moving to Jackson Thread". More power to ya'll that live there, have staked your claim, and it is working out for you but there is was too much of that shit in your town.

A couple winters ago a saw some Idaho Mom just lose it on some guy outside the Victor Valley Market with some choice "go back to Jackson you trust fund fucks", pounding on the hood, full scale adult tirade.

On the other hand, the anti-marketing is working. I kinda wanna bring my lanyard to the tram line but the kinder gentler me wonders if I can handle it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Put that in the "Moving to Jackson Thread". More power to ya'll that live there, have staked your claim, and it is working out for you but there is was too much of that shit in your town.

A couple winters ago a saw some Idaho Mom just lose it on some guy outside the Victor Valley Market with some choice "go back to Jackson you trust fund fucks", pounding on the hood, full scale adult tirade.

On the other hand, the anti-marketing is working. I kinda wanna bring my lanyard to the tram line but the kinder gentler me wonders if I can handle it anymore.
    Ah that would add to the intrigue if there was an easy side / west side bend to this one
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Ah that would add to the intrigue if there was an easy side / west side bend to this one
    Nah...I think the too cool for school Idahoan's drop the kids off at school at park the AWD Previa at Oliver's or Coal Creek. Can't miss CrossFit then a quick sesh at The Distillery before you pick up Junior.

Retards -- both the hotheaded locals and the managers of the highway. Why is that terrain not managed/restricted like the terrain above highway 210 in Utah, or the terrain that threatens the TCH near Rogers Pass? I asked this exact same question the last time this happened, and didn't get a single answer.

There's some dumb and plumb dumb, this is most certainly the latter.

Woah
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Retards -- both the hotheaded locals and the managers of the highway. Why is that terrain not managed/restricted like the terrain above highway 210 in Utah, or the terrain that threatens the TCH near Rogers Pass? I asked this exact same question the last time this happened, and didn't get a single answer.

There's some dumb and plumb dumb, this is most certainly the latter.
    Thought it had somethin to do with the whole town's workforce needing to commute from Driggs

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    WoahThought it had somethin to do with the whole town's workforce needing to commute from Driggs
    And needing to skin for a lap on the way to work? I read that as talking about terrain closures for control like you see in the Wasatch

Not sure what I meant there. Kind of reeling/rambling at the end of an odd week... will stfu for the night

Maybe: "sounds like a shitshow".