Page 43 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2210
    Healing irie vibrations 'cross the expanse, Djongo.
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Dang. Impressive double, holy shit. As for other first-time Jackson visitors: Jungst posted a recent photo of Mike Kern in IG, saying that Mike's first time at Jackson he skied Central. He got the first descent of it, according to Tom, first run of the day too.

Then Conway (he used to post here, or still does?) replied saying central had actually been skied before, but without an air: "Actually Tom, YOU did the first ever direct entrance to Once is Enough at Jackson that day. Coombs and I did the first ever nonstop of Central, there was no air that year. Mike was with Doug and I in Central and that was his first run EVER at Jackson Hole. Was a big day for the Bridger crew and the locals were chapped at the VC apres at the end of the day"

Anyways my point is it's REALLY really hard to go to Jackson and show up the locals, and the history of the place is pretty cool. And also follow Tom on IG, he has been posting some classic shit.

And no I don't know who Kern is either. At BB there is a pic of him in the lodge, that's all I know of him. Underground ripper?
    Love this. Subversive BBowl invaders coming to terk yer lines

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Healing irie vibrations 'cross the expanse, Djongo. Love this. Subversive BBowl invaders coming to terk yer lines
    How it all started.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    i think there are a lot of grown up jaded locals that don't get butt hurt over things like this now. there could be some up and comers that feel differently. i enjoy seeing another resort crew givin it there best on some of jacksons finest hits. the level of skiing and confidence it takes to go to another mnt and tear it up is awesome to see. i hope miles has more to come and i hope he's loading some footy up now
    So far all the old school jaded locals and the new up and comers were stoked for them. I’m definitely more in the latter category and it’s rad to see people send it successfully and walk away.

Hum... I’m curious as to what happens to the lift lines next year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

East coaster flying in Saturday for 5 days skiing. First time @ JH

A gear question for the locals:

two ski or not two ski?

Should I be bringing a groomer ski with me in addition to my Billy Goats? Or is there still plenty to be found off the corduroy to keep me busy all week on my goats if no significant new snow falls this weekend?

Flying with a second set of skis is a trade off on other gear not coming with me for the week; and my 50-year-old knees just can’t ski the Goats on groomers all week.

Thanks!

Will be staying at The Hostel and look to be on the first tram most days Sunday through Thursday. If anybody wouldn’t mind some company for a few laps feel free to ask for change. I’m usually wearing all black with green Lange Freetour’s and a really scratched up blue Uvex helmet.

I do tour in my Billy Goats and I would love to explore outside the ropes but zero firsthand knowledge of the area, the fact that I am traveling solo, and zero to no budget for a guide will likely limit my time in side country which kinda sucks given how stable the avy conditions have become in the last week. Any mountain beta for a newbie to the area would also be very helpful and greatly appriciated.

Cheers,

Matthew

I see nothing but respect here for who ever it is doing big things. I think there is a real understanding of what it takes to go big here because so many here are capable and understand what is involved. Run into someone at the watering hole and there is way more chance of a high five and/or hug for a successful cheating of the reaper than a scowl because someone beat someone to a big line or a non-local hit it.

M-R ..Currently inbounds conditions warrant something on the thinner side ie 90-95 but that can change. Bring both .

Out the gates is pretty played out unless your willing to ski into tight spots for short but clean pitches or get over or around some significant exposure for a shot at the goods...which right now is mostly re-crystalized "loud" snow. But it's out there for those willing to do that or go a long ways.... like a few miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    But, but, but who will you blame for the Tram lines?

You?
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post

M-R ..Currently inbounds conditions warrant something on the thinner side ie 90-95 but that can change. Bring both .
    Thanks wstdeep,
    Kinda figured a two ski trip. Hate bringing my Ontario DD out west so gonna leave them (Monster88’s) at home and bring my Atomic Ritual103 for low tide. My quiver is empty in between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post

Out the gates is pretty played out unless your willing to ski into tight spots for short but clean pitches or get over or around some significant exposure for a shot at the goods...which right now is mostly re-crystalized "loud" snow. But it's out there for those willing to do that or go a long ways.... like a few miles.
    Door #1 sounds like fun, will likely pass on Door #2, and a two ski trip usually = clear sky’s, so probably no better way to see the Teton’s for the first time than Door #3 on one of the bluebird days
    Always good to have options

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - &amp; The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    You?
    If i dont go there, youll still blame me?

Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 02-28-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained
    I knew it was deep dust on crunchy bumps, but like an old lunker, I still took the bait and got caught.

With any luck, I'll get tossed back in soon. I'm suffocatin'.
    Brutal.
    That internal battle to stay smart and not take the bait is such a struggle.
    I too was caught and thrown back by submerged ice boulder this year in a classic “shoulda known better” scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Brutal.
    That internal battle to stay smart and not take the bait is such a struggle.
    I too was caught and thrown back by submerged ice boulder this year in a classic “shoulda known better” scenario.
    Think of all the soft you'd have missed over the years if you would have always been smart.

Entered Dicks Ditch this year, anyone run it before and have any suggestions? Already decided on my Rustler 9s as the ski to use, 188cm long, 94mm wide, easy to smear, so that’s covered.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Think of all the soft you'd have missed over the years if you would have always been smart.
    I was just thinking this. My knees are fucked up because of how hard I’ve gone all these years. I’m cool with it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Entered Dicks Ditch this year, anyone run it before and have any suggestions? Already decided on my Rustler 9s as the ski to use, 188cm long, 94mm wide, easy to smear, so that’s covered.

Go pro footage plz

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Go pro footage plz

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    I’ll bring it tomorrow for race day

Q for the Jackson locals: some of us Tahoe skiers-without-snow are coming to Jackson. We're staying at the Elk Refuge Inn on Hwy 191 north of town, across from the elk refuge. To drive from there to JHMR, is it faster to just go north on 191 to Moose, then south on Moose-Wilson Rd? (rather than go south into town, with the stoplights and more traffic, and then north to the resort?) It looks like it's a longer drive, but might be faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    <snip> To drive from there to JHMR, is it faster to just go north on 191 to Moose, then south on Moose-Wilson Rd? (rather than go south into town, with the stoplights and more traffic, and then north to the resort?) It looks like it's a longer drive, but might be faster.
    Oh yeah - WAY faster to go that way. In fact, I can't figure out why EVERYBODY doesn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Q for the Jackson locals: some of us Tahoe skiers-without-snow are coming to Jackson. We're staying at the Elk Refuge Inn on Hwy 191 north of town, across from the elk refuge. To drive from there to JHMR, is it faster to just go north on 191 to Moose, then south on Moose-Wilson Rd? (rather than go south into town, with the stoplights and more traffic, and then north to the resort?) It looks like it's a longer drive, but might be faster.
    Moose-Wilson road will be closed. Usually opens sometime in May. Drive to town and take the Shame Train to the Village.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Moose-Wilson road will be closed. Usually opens sometime in May. Drive to town and take the Shame Train to the Village.
    You're no fun.

Thanks Parvo!

And shtles...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Take the North Snake bridge through Bar-B-Bar.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - &amp; The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Take the North Snake bridge through Bar-B-Bar.
    Nice.

Dude, you’re just at the elk refuge, you’ll want to stop in town anyway and go to Persephone or Pearl Street bagels in the morning.
    When the almond croissants are done, Persephone sends up rainbow smoke:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0399.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	271.8 KB 
ID:	317944
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Anyone in town have a set of WTR soles for a new Lange XT boot?

Shortest route is to just swim across the Snake, moose do it all the time.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    Anyone in town have a set of WTR soles for a new Lange XT boot?
    Gen 1 or 2?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Gen 1 or 2?

Gen 2

- I am here for the stoke