Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    I can meet up at the ranch lot tomorrow, would be great to meet you guys

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

I might tour tomorrow with this warm spell. so if you all do end up gathering I can swing out to the vill for an apres. or maybe we plan another day when more folks can join? or both!
    skid luxury

The Pass beer fairy blessed those who were out today. Awesome sight and treat after a few hours of touring. Still tons of great snow to be had... Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That's some good Karma right there.

Class act for sure.

I think we should get together another time as well. Not ideal timing for a lot of mags. Also, it occurs to me that driving back to town will suck right about that time.

A little more lead time and planning in the near future for a magshebang.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skiing was nice today. On piste is good and off is fair with some smarts. Still not too busy. Yet.

I hate to add to your lift lines, but if I get a new clutch and head gasket for the Outback, and a bit of luck I will be in Jackson mid January.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I hate to add to your lift lines, but if I get a new clutch and head gasket for the Outback, and a bit of luck I will be in Jackson mid January.
    you are always welcome to add to our lines. we're not ornery yet either bc it's been walk on trams and lovely uncrowdedness
    Will cross fingers for the car work and leave a few minutes open mid-week to swing by my office while you are here bc we basically have a mini Natl Museum of wildlife art that you might enjoy
    skid luxury

Very cool, would love to see it. We have been slowly rebuilding our collection, but trying not to over do it since we are still in a little apartment.

I love me some Jackson wildlife art.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    we basically have a mini Natl Museum of wildlife art that you might enjoy
    I love living in Idaho, but man, the events you guys have at the Wildlife Art Museum are probably the biggest draw for me personally to live in Jackson. So jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    I love living in Idaho, but man, the events you guys have at the Wildlife Art Museum are probably the biggest draw for me personally to live in Jackson. So jealous!
    What your pit show Cy? ............Steve

^^^^. If any mags are in town and want to take a morning or afternoon off, the wildlife museum is an excellent way to spend some time off the slopes. It’s one of our favorite things to do. I’ve never taken the sleigh ride, but the museum is awesome.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8399.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	586.6 KB 
ID:	307199
    elk refuge sleigh ride is surprisingly cool if you aren't used to seeing wildlife up close. outside of the holidays, you can do a walk-in without waiting too long, but you can call to reserve a spot in advance. reserve that 4:00pm sleigh ride so you can ski most of the day, then drink at melvin when it's over. $25/person. hell, even worth considering if you're a jaded asshole like me.

seconded on wildlife art museum, it's sweet. and do yourself a favor by eating at their restaurant, palate. that place is excellent, and it's stealthily one of the chillest lunch spots in the summer when you can eat on the deck.

many in our town would appreciate it if you'd boost our economy by hiring a local wildlife guide in GTNP (worth it to go with an expert and use their good optics if the money ain't a thing), but otherwise, you can drive yourself up the Gros Ventre River road for guaranteed moose, good probability of bison, mild chance of wolves, and 100% beautiful views. elk refuge road (not visible from sleigh) often has bighorn sheep too.

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    What your pit show Cy? ............Steve
    Pit on N/NW aspect of Little Mary's, 28ish degree slope, wind loaded as all hell. 150 cm snow depth, ECT 17 - propagated on that persistent weak layer. Couple other layers of note in there that don't seem awesome, so many facets close to the ground, and a nice layer of crusty surface hoar on top of it all.

Take that all with the grains of salt you would always add for some guy on the internet, my takeaway was it's still scary as hell out there. Skied Split D (still real thin), to a real flat slope off Little Mary's to the avy debris on Steve Baugh. Thanks to whoever put the Scotty's bootpack in the right place. Big fan of where it is right now!

Filling in pit pic in a pretty place since I didn't shoot anything cool.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0587.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	307202
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0587.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	307201  

Wildlife art is off the charts in Jackson. The museum is awesome, but the galleries in town are just as awesome, but not affordable to us mer mortals. The road east of town is one of the most, if not the most awesome wildlife drives in the world...conditions permitting. It ranks right up there with some drives in Africa.

For those who have not done the sleigh ride out into the refuge, it is well worth the $. Its a little touristy, but still pretty friggin awesome.

Friend of mine galloped horses into the middle of a multi-thousand wildebeest heard on the Masimar, but this ain't far of that, with out the gallop.

iscariot

Back to the Apres, had a great one today. OYG.

NMWA- put in 100's of hours there, not too bad.

Gonna Apres tomorrow too.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Elk are one of natures most majestic animals. This a couple of winters ago....was about 20 below. Frost sparkles in the air at sunrise.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Is the in-bounds skiing tolerable at the moment? Thinking of making a run up to Jackson with the kiddos for a short trip (12/29-30). The good forecast between Christmas and new years seems to have fizzled, but Jackson is usually fun regardless.

Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Is the in-bounds skiing tolerable at the moment? Thinking of making a run up to Jackson with the kiddos for a short trip (12/29-30). The good forecast between Christmas and new years seems to have fizzled, but Jackson is usually fun regardless.

Jordan
    do it. for a short trip up from denver, yes, conditions are definitely tolerable for that. you aren't gonna be skiing the hobacks/lower faces, and you might clip a few rocks, but there is some steep-ish terrain open if you want it, and you'll have an awesome time. forecast does look bleak, but we're having fun still. even a couple inches of snow can make a big difference on the upper mountain if we have wind to buff it all out.

8 hour drive up from denver is better than i70 any day of the week.

who got a pic of the alpenglow tonight??
    I was out on a dog walk and didn't have my iphone to snap a pic but it was off the hook. I think a top 3 sunset and I consider myself a bit of a sunset/sunrise connoisseur :P

skiing inbounds is pretty decent. the holiday crowds have started to show up but still basically no lines

tried out a rock springs yesterday - some nice hot pow at the top but thin as expected as we made our way down. could have made a good twig skiing showing in the EC thread
    skid luxury

That alpenglow was unbelievable! And BB be kind to the ECRC'rs!!!
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    And BB be kind to the ECRC'rs!!!
    no disrespect even entered my mind.
    don't forget I'm from VT. twig skiing is the root of it all
    skid luxury

[QUOTE=babybear;5844259]who got a pic of the alpenglow tonight??
    I was out on a dog walk and didn't have my iphone to snap a pic but it was off the hook. I think a top 3 sunset and I consider myself a bit of a sunset/sunrise connoisseur :P

Here you go. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4009.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	964.5 KB 
ID:	307373

I'm living out by the Big Eddy and am used to cool sunsets and Alpenglow, but tonight was the best by far. This is straight out of the D7500 with no post processing, wish i Had caught it a few moments earlier. Sounds like Cody got hammered this weekend without incident thankfully.

Wow. Cool pics