Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2210
    Hey guys just moved here from Washington for a new job.
    Anyone want to get out for a ski? (While following all social distancing protocols).
    Little background, I typically ski tour 2-4 times a week and have my avy 1. I know times are strange, I am just looking to get out and make some turns and learn this area.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I haven't been up the pass since all this shit went down. Anyone know what these signs say? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pass.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	443.9 KB 
ID:	326224

Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post
    I haven't been up the pass since all this shit went down. Anyone know what these signs say? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pass.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	443.9 KB 
ID:	326224
    social distancing stuff and no snowmobiling

Quote Originally Posted by Larix View Post
    Hey guys just moved here from Washington for a new job.
    Anyone want to get out for a ski? (While following all social distancing protocols).
    Little background, I typically ski tour 2-4 times a week and have my avy 1. I know times are strange, I am just looking to get out and make some turns and learn this area.
    I've been out skiing the pass a few days a week, mostly Glory and Taylor. During the week is just kinda whenever I have time to get away from work so a bit difficult to make plans. Depending on the weather next weekend I could meet for a few laps.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    I've been out skiing the pass a few days a week, mostly Glory and Taylor. During the week is just kinda whenever I have time to get away from work so a bit difficult to make plans. Depending on the weather next weekend I could meet for a few laps.
    Sounds good. I’ll send yah a message and we can figure something out.

[QUOTE=skibrd;5966748]I’m not old and crusty, but I’m in a similar spot. Not sure what I’ll do tbh. Probably buying a pass, but renaming the grand pass and tossing in a random early Gondi day, doesn’t seem worth it. When I toss in how much fun the sled was this winter, $1600 or whatever it is buys a lot of sled gas and oil.

If you are local, why would you even go for the new option with the IKON pass? I'd just buy the Grand for 1200, or if you don't mind skipping the shit show that the holidays are, just the Bypass for 1000. (I think most of you mags that I know are well north of 50 ski days per year, so that is the potential of skiing JH for something in the mid-teens per day)!!
    I'm definitely going for the 7-day bypass, get 10+ days in with my SW Idaho "commute", and have my "daily rate" down in the $40 range. Another advantage of all of the pass options for this year is the 40% down option. So you can make one payment by June 30 and another one before Oct 15th. And of course, if Covid-19 looks like the winter season is a no-go, you cancel before Oct 15 and lose the $45.

No summer tram, Garter is done. Rumor on this side is the Wolf's owner may call it quits as well. Sad times.

So... Togwotee and Coal Creek?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    No summer tram, Garter is done. Rumor on this side is the Wolf's owner may call it quits as well. Sad times.
    NOOOO! Not the Wolf.

the light on Teton pass right now with the thunder storm!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 8.16.48 PM.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	326985
    skid luxury

Not the Wolf, damn what else?

To be fair, Pat has been doing it forever and a day. I wouldn’t blame him.

What! The Wolf! I wouldn't be surprised to see Achee take it over.

In other news, I'm still hunkered down on Easy Street, working on my new knee. Got it done on April 6, a small miracle, honestly. But it's slow going- tight joint capsule from lots of damage over the years. I'll be biking by June, and skiing pain free next winter I hope.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    To be fair, Pat has been doing it forever and a day. I wouldn’t blame him.
    For sure. Even if Pat decides he's really done the Liquor license is so valuable in this state I'm sure somebody will purchase it.

Glad you're healing up HMS!

Went over to Togwotee Pass to ski the Radio Tower Couloir. Super easy approach. I just wish the snow was softer. Great day over all.

Last edited by Larix; 05-03-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Conspiracy theory time. So Targhee has made no mention of season pass sales for 20/21, regardless of the pandemic issues they should still be offering pass sales, no doubt they need the cash to make up for lost sales with the cancellation of the end of this year. Yeah sure they are promoting the Mountain Collective but that was probably in the works long before the current situation. I have many friends and family who work up there and no one has heard anything about next season, nothing at all, crickets. Is Gordie finally about to sell out? Is he negotiating a deal
    as we speak? Inquiring minds want to know. At the very least it is pretty damn suspicious.

Mum is the word. Geordie's been in a weird head space post divorce for a while now so who knows what he's up to, nothing would surprise me.

Heard JHMR shitcanned a whole buttload of people today, anyone have any gossip?

I heard they laid off 35ish last week.

Lots of old school long time employees who weren't jiving with newer management is what I heard. No trollers were fired.

In other news the Wolf will live on thankfully. Opening back up within CDC parameters mid month.

Ghee sent a letter to employees officially cancelling summer events today. Mountain biking will run, no lodging until July and only 1/3 of rooms will be available. No word yet on passes for next winter.

Way bummed about no Targheefest or Wydaho, but I figured that was going to be the case. Good news about Mt. Biking, as lift served is the only biking my lazy-ass 12 Y.O. enjoys, and all of his other camps are cancelled...

Way bummed about no Targheefest or Wydaho, but I figured that was going to be the case. Good news about Mt. Biking, as lift served is the only biking my lazy-ass 12 Y.O. enjoys, and all of his other camps are cancelled...
    Sounds like he’s going to be a shredder by the end of the summer!

Anyone need OR F&F codes? Just posted to gs, but should have done here first. Pm if wydahoans need one.