Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2210
    I've got space here for an Alpental holiday

Thanks for the insights bb and djongo.

Will be in IF so that puts JH closest, but also BS and SLC within that 3hr bubble. Stoked out of my mind for this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I've got space here for an Alpental holiday
    Thanks, Abe. That's awesome. I'd like very much to visit and ski the Sweet Alpy with you and the crew again. I shall put maximum effort into being ready for the shindig.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EoB- didn't I close the season skiing with you guys? Damn, I was bumming about my knee.
    We'll plan on seeing you this winter, couch surfing...look into those local ski discount cards for the ghee, KC and maybe Pebble too.
    Good skiing between the big boyz around here.
    About 3 hrs to Butte too, so all those areas around there, SW MT has great skiing fo sho.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having second thoughts on pass choice. Can't be chincy with your passion.
    Maybe this year they'll cut out the waffles at the summit. Make them at Casper.

I’m getting the Grand, don’t need the rest of the perks, and half off tickets if I travel works for me. I second what BBear said about traveling once the snow falls, most of us just don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It’s like signing up for a cell phone. Too many options.

Full pass. No black out dates. No ikon. Seemed to be the way to go.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

I lived in IF once, condolences

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Will be in IF so that puts JH closest, but also BS and SLC within that 3hr bubble. Stoked out of my mind for this winter.
    ok ya if you’re going to be in IF then I think get the ikon add on bc it’s under 3 hours to SLC and those ski areas are all excellent to check out. especially since you’re still in exploration mode.

in other news I saw a suburban/tahoe limousine as I drove by the car dealership today. I’m usually a cup half full person but I think that might be the signal the demise
    skid luxury

^^ Hey, the snow will still fall in JH and you’ll forget about the bad juju from the healing crystal as soon as you get one of those turns, eh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5537.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	264.9 KB 
ID:	332777

Good day with djongo last feb:

Name:	IMG_5838.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	297.9 KB 
ID:	332779

Name:	IMG_5719.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	332780

Thanks TFT... that was the nudge I needed.

I'm going in first thing in the morning and buying the full boat.

$1530, about $45 more than last year.
    For everyday at the village and anyplace on the ikoniker, I don't think a ski bum could do better dollar for dollar.

Last winter was pretty good for me considering being on the rebound, as it were. I am really looking forward to some real turns this year. With lotsa ski buds...

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    ^^

Name:	IMG_5719.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	332780
    People make fun of the goat path.
    But it’s the easiest best skiing in North America.

Tram lines suck. But you can always do a three chair loop for fun freshies
    . . .

I just love being first.

Name:	high risk.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	332879
    Only on the most avy prone, sketchball days will I turn around on the main vein.
    Hell, the riskiest around are skiing GC on days rated like this.

Besides, it's got a trgz approval on the daily sheet, just left of the High sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I just love being first.

Name:	high risk.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	332879
    Only on the most avy prone, sketchball days will I turn around on the main vein.
    Hell, the riskiest around are skiing GC on days rated like this.

Besides, it's got a trgz approval on the daily sheet, just left of the High sign.
    GC is titty balls

The Teton lift is mind blowing

But my friends hate the exit. I don’t mind it.
    Pay now or pay later.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    ok ya if you’re going to be in IF then I think get the ikon add on bc it’s under 3 hours to SLC and those ski areas are all excellent to check out. especially since you’re still in exploration mode.

in other news I saw a suburban/tahoe limousine as I drove by the car dealership today. I’m usually a cup half full person but I think that might be the signal the demise
    Oh shoot! I forgot to say thanks to you to B-Bear as well! My bad.

I'm going to get my kiddo up to Jxn at some point for sure but right now all I can thhink about is how I'm going to spend more time in Taos and Santa Fe. New Mexico has me hooked!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    GC is titty balls

The Teton lift is mind blowing

But my friends hate the exit. I don’t mind it.
    Pay now or pay later.
    I had skied quite a bit in GC around the turn of the century but long, one sided traverses like that F up my hips badly these days. My hip joint pains might have something to do with years of hucking I imagine.

I guess I'm paying later for all the fun I had in my 20's and 30's.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

We Pay to Play.

Beats digging ditches.

Well, I did it. Plunked down the 40% for a Rendezvous Peak Pass.

Didn't think I was going to do it. But it's days like these

Name:  20200509_211541.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  196.1 KB

that have me hoping beyond hope that somehow there is going to be a ski season.
    Everybodies got to do their part, wear a mask and stay safe. Lord knows I've been doing my part staying safe and sacrificing to the gods daily.

Name:	20200630_005538.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	333070

God willing, see you in January.
    And thanks for last year.

^^^^Yep, me too. Thought twice about going lighter.

Just doesn't make sense for me. As much as I tried to rationalize it, it's not THAT much money in the first place.
    Honestly the Rpeak pass may still be the best deal in skiing. Everyday at the Villy and access to ikon base resort days. What's better?
    -220 - I remember us talking about this topic in the hut in RS last year. good call, what about your bros? Today is the last day for spring prices...
    Gonna be a weird season, hope it turns out to be great.

Dropped the hammer on the Rpeak a few days ago

Yea, good times skiing with you DJ and hangin' down at 420 electric avenue.

Bro Bill went full Ikon. Full credit if not used and doesn't have the time like I do.
    Although if this Rat Flu shit doesn't abate soon he may not have a business any longer. Ron been stuck in Cali. No way out. He's probly been enjoying his time surfing.

Sounds like Snake River Brewing is closing down due to Covid. This NOT good.

Unlimited squaw after jh closes.

Assuming they actually get snow this year
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Sounds like Snake River Brewing is closing down due to Covid. This NOT good.
    Two employees tested positive. SRB voluntarily chose to close temporarily for a deep disinfecting. No official shutdown. Beer will flow. Cans for a few days...that is all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I went and picked up my season pass today. It's good to have something to look forward to. It may be good, may be shite, who knows? Doesn't matter though. Any season in JH is spatial.
    Fucking winter storms, I love 'em. Can't wait. 5AM weather checks online. Snowblower. Tramline stoke. Adrenaline POW laps. Safety. Chunder laps. Safety. Friends...

Took a ganjala lap today on the new pass: beautiful, green, chubby deer, fresh skiff, Flurries at 8500ft., Patches of snow abound.

No word yet about how the box is gonna work this winter, if at all. Maybe just for serving JHSP. worker guys confirmed they're waiting to hear. Wonder how many old timers will be gone next year. Heard it's a lot.
    Hopefully, if they open the tram, they'll cut out the waffles and sightseeing altogether. Maybe actually require one to be an expert skier or no box baby. Maybe no kids. Except the expert kids. Less of them than the Wilson cackler's guild would have you believe.

Defund the Ski Police. No more speed cop yellow jackets for a while. They just crowd the slope and pick on the expert kids and the couched adult who actually stops.

Skiing the village will be a bit more of a challenge. It's always been a chess game here but now it's on. Gonna be a chess Match going on. Kasparov99 level shit.

I would like to ski Squaw, Maybe not this go 'round.

Nice stoke, Djongo! Always appreciate a good chess match. Would be amazing to get back to JH and see some of these ideas in play.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Two employees tested positive. SRB voluntarily chose to close temporarily for a deep disinfecting. No official shutdown. Beer will flow. Cans for a few days...that is all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I went and picked up my season pass today. It's good to have something to look forward to. It may be good, may be shite, who knows? Doesn't matter though. Any season in JH is spatial.
    Fucking winter storms, I love 'em. Can't wait. 5AM weather checks online. Snowblower. Tramline stoke. Adrenaline POW laps. Safety. Chunder laps. Safety. Friends...

Took a ganjala lap today on the new pass: beautiful, green, chubby deer, fresh skiff, Flurries at 8500ft., Patches of snow abound.

No word yet about how the box is gonna work this winter, if at all. Maybe just for serving JHSP. worker guys confirmed they're waiting to hear. Wonder how many old timers will be gone next year. Heard it's a lot.
    Hopefully, if they open the tram, they'll cut out the waffles and sightseeing altogether. Maybe actually require one to be an expert skier or no box baby. Maybe no kids. Except the expert kids. Less of them than the Wilson cackler's guild would have you believe.

Defund the Ski Police. No more speed cop yellow jackets for a while. They just crowd the slope and pick on the expert kids and the couched adult who actually stops.

Skiing the village will be a bit more of a challenge. It's always been a chess game here but now it's on. Gonna be a chess Match going on. Kasparov99 level shit.

I would like to ski Squaw, Maybe not this go 'round.
    DJ, Sad to hear of the Covid cases, we like the beer, even over the pass . We had the pleasure of riding our road bikes thru the neighborhoods on your splendid bike trails, JH seems to have a real drift boat problem! Not a bad problem to have. Things will be up in the air for some time, if the shit settles come on over for a day at the ' Ghee or? Be well and fish on!!

Is this refresh up high considered 19/20 or 20/21?