Page 32 of 89 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    South facing dust on Crust. Low angle and wind buff your friend. Rock springs and why not very good

Lines at the Ghee were as long as they get too this morning. Storm and winds predicted have fizzled on the west side. We'll see what tomorrow brings?

I have to drive to Salmon tomorrow. Looks like it might actually be rain in the lowlands...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Skiing was got better as the day went on. Things were sliding that long time locals claimed to never have seen before. Terrain selection was huge.

The wind was so strong up high I got pushed across the tram dock with my race boots on (solid plastic sole). People with viburnum soles were fine, but very good skiers were having issues walking around up top.

If you were able to make good decisions with good partners, with the knowledge needed, there was a lot of good fun soft and even deep snow to be had. Just make a wrong move and you could get in huge trouble fast.

Tomorrow will be good, I’m breaking out the brand new Shane memorial Pontoons. Just make good decisions. The icy bumps down low inbounds were 70% gone at the end of the day. Knowing how we locals think, no one is going to give anything a chance to heal, but if we do, Sunday and Monday will be fun.

The 30+ people crowd in the bottom of the first bowl of RS was alarming. Only one group had a guide and I didn’t know most of the people. If you are visiting, make friends with a knowledgeable local or hire a guide. None of us want you to die, and if you don’t think it will happen, do some research, it happens more then you realize.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Already a fresh foot has fallen since closing from mid mountain on up. Maybe more at mid elevations with the wind.
    Get moving...

And Teton pass and the Snake river canyon are closed for avy.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 02-07-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Damn, we are gonna need pics!

There’s a lot of snow out there. Wow.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I wanna say The Plake shoot was in 90-91; I worked on the box and he was on and around the dock a lot for a few days.

Didn't he get in a scuffle and have to do a few clinics for the kids as punishment? In that basement bar, whatchamajigger...

That dude is a veritable juggernaut on snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Did one of youse mention rolling a black pack w/a steal your face on it? Might've talked witcha a week or so ago.
    Shit, I definitely saw/met you at some point. Yeah, I think it was 90-91. He laid down really shitty tracks in alta 0 and several of the locals were mocking it. Same year maybe Kevin Andrews shows up with tnf team and drops big in expert chutes and puts his binder up his ass. ouch. Honestly, back then the AF guys we're better than the cali bros...especailly on their home turf.

It's a colossal goat fuck out there this morning. Get here early tomorrow.. or ski The King.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0304.JPG 
Views:	315 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	314404

Wow! Just wow😳

HOLY FUCKBALLS!!!!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

WoW!

Haha! Woah!

Crikey!

Vibes for mags who are trying to get in a few laps today

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Vibes for mags who are trying to get in a few laps today
    Yes, let us observe a moment of solemn solidarity with our unlucky brethren, trapped amongst the mouth-breathing goggle-fogged Ikonoklastic hoard, bumping nuts in the confusing crescendo of powderpanic. May your blue smoke and long skis mark your islands of safety and mental stability.

That pic just made me puke

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Yes, let us observe a moment of solemn solidarity with our unlucky brethren, trapped amongst the mouth-breathing goggle-fogged Ikonoklastic hoard, bumping nuts in the confusing crescendo of powderpanic. May your blue smoke and long skis mark your islands of safety and mental stability.
    I started to pour a 40 on the front stoop in remembrance of those wretched souls but before the OE 800 even hit the curb two skids jumped out of the Continuum hot tub and lapped it up like drinking from a fountain.
    Oh the humanity!!!

Incredible snow.

Insane lines. The line at Apres Vous eventually stretched to the top of Tewinott Lift.

However, the snow is excellent.

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

meanwhile at the king...

Name:	IMG_0392.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	1,013.8 KB 
ID:	314413
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Enough sympathy for Crustal, what about JHlers
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yass bbear, crowd-fu required these days

Wife and one of my kids went up early and got an AV lap in before school, (late start today). Said it was fantastic but the longest lift line shit show cluster fuck she’s seen up there in her 23 years. around these parts.
    Judging from the pics I think it’s been worse. Hope you all are having an awesome day out there. Stay safe!

Yeah that pic Parvo posted was early in the game. The Sweetwater line eventually made some sort of weird loop back onto itself.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    meanwhile at the king...

Name:	IMG_0392.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	1,013.8 KB 
ID:	314413
    Stuck in Iowa but 12 inch day and no lines at Snow King! Heck yeah, no brainer.

In non lift line related news did anyone see the story on White Pine? Owners selling. I love Pinedale as one of the most under rated wilderness launch zone anywhere and have always wanted to ski (okay ski and live) there but am always just 'passing through' Pinedale in the winter. Hope they find a buyer and keep things going.

https://buckrail.com/owners-say-they...ne-ski-resort/
    Last edited by uglymoney; 02-07-2020 at 02:03 PM.