Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Get some LBL Thanks for all your amazing photos.
    Pebble creek opens next Sat the 21 and I got to ski the ghee sat and sun of last week. Snow was good killer on Sunday with the classic targhee vis in play.
    Happy holidays to all.......

Lots of nice fresh off Thunder while everyone was waiting for Sublette. Deep but still rocks.

Pow day!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

very positive vibe at the village today, just a real pleasure to be there. smiling faces, lots of happy and friendly locals, some happy visitors, clouds of pow, and yelps of joy. buffed out, sometimes bottomless, perfect density for early season low tide. real special to just be on those first sublette chairs, everyone maching down the r trail cat track ready to dive into the goods.

it was a tough choice while riding thunder lift and trying to decide whether to gun for sublette like everyone else or to maybe even get first tracks in that deep liftline windbuff. that looked sweet, but 60+ skiers had just passed it by. it was all good up high, and no wrong decisions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6451.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	306071  

Damn, 15 minutes to opening and No tram yet with hardly anyone in the ganjala line; like 12 people in singles.

Gotta get moving...likely gonna meet at Casper by the fire at 11. Then take a few laps with each other, swing by mags!

Snow looks excellent on the webcams...

Nice runs with DJ, BB and Eagle Skier crew. Now in line for tram, it's on!
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Good to see things shaping up. Firming up the plan and driving over Late January / early Feb. First visit was in 74 but been there a bunch, my brother worked there for a few years. Hoping to hook up with Dave the wave, hella fun guy to shred & hang with.
    Peace ...out.
    Last edited by L82thegate; 12-14-2019 at 03:58 PM. Reason: added details

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	717868A1-A706-4611-8007-6C55F91C9BE6.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	306203

Name:	6E5E2298-2791-4174-8854-F41BF97688EC.jpg 
Size:	558.8 KB 
ID:	306204
    Fun day at the ‘Ghee yesterday! Foggy, but some nice patches of decent powder. And Sac finally opened!

[QUOTE=Mista_Bob;5837347]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	717868A1-A706-4611-8007-6C55F91C9BE6.jpg 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	306203

Name:	6E5E2298-2791-4174-8854-F41BF97688EC.jpg 
Size:	558.8 KB 
ID:	306204
    Fun day at the ‘Ghee yesterday! Foggy, but some nice patches of decent powder. And Sac finally opened![/QUOT
    Saturday had some folks but the skiing was still great.

Last few days at the Ghee have been excellent. But we got antsy. So this:

Name:	5E447E30-19EB-462F-9C8B-5AA04AD3A6BF.JPG 
Views:	240 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	306235

^ha Cy. the enthusiasm is strong with you. i like.
    echo kokomas- great to have maggot runs today. fun mtg and skiing eagleskier and fam too. lil foggy but still excellent skiing today
    we were talking about a ski and then holiday apres somewhere at the base so rideit can join us too. holler what works for folks but we should make it happen. I enjoy you all

we also had our very own Snow White at the shack stop today (damn you uploader sideways) the chickadees are very kind

Name:	D3574DC7-67DC-45B8-821C-E9855FBC1C19.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	961.8 KB 
ID:	306240
    skid luxury

Fun 3 days in JH! Back in Eagle now, but looking forward to getting back. Thanks for spending turning some laps with me DJ. Nice to see Koko again and finally getting to meet Bbear! Here's a little stoke from today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KC mini update. Friday night - dog shit. Saturday morning - pretty dang good.

I worked ticket office till 9pm Friday. Snowing hard when I left. Didn't have to work till 3 Saturday so went up early. Like I said, surprisingly good for as little snow that we have to work with. there are lots of early season hazards still, mainly downed timber in the trees that are normally buried. Some areas of the hill could use more snow than other parts, but all in all not terrible. I talk to a lot of people up there daily. Most seem to be having a good time, 80% or more are season pass-holders, so no problem there. I warn all others when I sell a ticket that there are no refunds, so no surprises. I snowboarded for 4 hours, so how bad could it be. I had a great time.

I even may have saved someone's life there yesterday. I was off over exploring the far boundary off lift 4 and saw someone off in a spot that you would normally not see someone, trying to walk through the deep powder that has no base in areas of the hill still. Even during most of the year this area is avoided because of its flatness, normally have to haul ass through there to make it, sometimes conditions won't allow it. Like yesterday, but it was too far to one foot skate it, so I took my board off and started walking over to where I could strap in again. I was able to stay on top of the snow for the most part, but I could see that he had been unable to do so and had post holed about the length of a football field. He was just sitting there, We (I was with Danny, one of Tates bud's, Tate off on skiers lane teaching Dannys little brother to snowboard) I said hi. Didn't really think anything was wrong, and asked him how it was going and he said he was having trouble breathing, that he couldn't catch his breath. 40ish, bit tubby. I asked if I should get Ski Patrol, he responded "Perhaps you should.". Well that was all it took, left Danny there instructed him to stick the guys skis in an x position in case patrol came by. Turns out no one came by but it didn't take long for help to arrive. I described exactly where he was and they took a sled up to fetch him. Danny told me later that the guy had taken his ski boots off just after I left. Wow. Brought him down on a toboggan behind the snow machine. Haven't heard anything yet, but I was real busy the rest of the day.

Not much snow in the forecast, but it's supposed to stay cold. I think the hill will hold till more snow arrives.

Anyway, the snow was great, got some face shots, may have saved a guys life and made a little money to boot. Let's do it again tomorrow.

Conditions...
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 12-15-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Strong work LBL.

Nice to see folks getting out.

Pre MRI knee exam from a little boo-boo last month leaning toward a medial meniscus and MCL damage.

No snow sliding for me for a while. Hope to be out with some of you before the end of the season. I’ll certainly meet for apres or an occasional Casper mtg.

Dang Schwerty, sorry to hear it. Twist my arm and I'll fish with ya instead.

Regarding happy hour, maybe fitting we do it at the new TGR haunt on Saturday? Haven't been in there yet but seems worth checking out. Maybe a 2pm start...
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Nice to see folks getting out.

Pre MRI knee exam from a little boo-boo last month leaning toward a medial meniscus and MCL damage.

No snow sliding for me for a while. Hope to be out with some of you before the end of the season. I’ll certainly meet for apres or an occasional Casper mtg.
    There will be a gimp section...who ya seeing?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Heal up Schwerty!

Last storm did wonders for the Ghee's coverage, its super nice that SLC has a pile of snow this year, the crowds have been old school Targhee.

Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Strong work LBL.
    Thanks! I also pulled a Semi (just the tractor) back onto the pavement after the driver got stuck yesterday morning. 5am. Dipshit spinning his wheels then got them hot enough to sink in about 5 inches. I dug out the tires, hooked up my handy dandy heavy duty tow rope and yanked him out backwards.

Since I have had the beast (bought it new in 2004) My Durango 31 / All the other dipshits 0...as you can see, I'm keeping score.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

So my buddy and I are planing a trip, he has family near Driggs. We can stay there or not. We want to hit back country and probably lift days at Ghee and JH.

Can you folks point me toward avy info we would need for the BC? Taking about renting or stealing a sled.

After new years is when we plan to drive out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    So my buddy and I are planing a trip, he has family near Driggs. We can stay there or not. We want to hit back country and probably lift days at Ghee and JH.

Can you folks point me toward avy info we would need for the BC? Taking about renting or stealing a sled.

http://jhavalanche.org/viewTeton

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    THIS ^^^^^^.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post

Here's another good link to establish a baseline of knowledge in regards to snowpack conditions. They have several videos of recent analysis in the area. https://www.americanavalancheinstitute.com/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

THANKS!
    watch out for snakes