Page 10 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Sorry to hear rideit. That sucks.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Thanks!
    My son said it was good (and dumping) yesterday, so I’ll continue to live vicariously through this thread.
    If you other guys/gals ever want to rally somewhere other than Casper, I would be game.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Targhee skied well today, that storm really helped.

Pow Day!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Free Refills at the ghee this afternoon. Rolled in at 2:40 and was treated to 6-8" of creamy for the end of day with each lap better and better

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Nice timing! I was there Friday and Dreamcatcher was a rockpile on down, with some icy topped pow. Brought some skiboards it was still hella’ fun with the kid. That’s two times at the Ghee already.

Hey all, I'll be heading over there from Boise way on Wednesday evening. Looking to get some turns in Thur-Sat. If any mags want to make a lap or two with me, just let me know on this thread or PM me.

the skiing is coming along nicely
    T'was good Sunday as young rideit mentioned- upper/thunder was great and pow day Monday as SIJ mentions-

although I'm skiing the king mostly mid-week as I bet the husband that I would ski at least 100 days this season so I'm getting my days in- touring and night skiing around the day job. holler if anyone else is doing mid-wk king laps

eagle- will be out there Sat maybe Fri- maybe a first local gathering Sat? keep getting the legs ready for the full hill and/or an apres gathering for a beer or three
    should be good this week though and very quiet round these parts- winning
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I feel like a beginning advanced skier; and it kinda feels good.

What with a few new parts and pieces in my knee, I wasn't sure how the mechanics of skiing were gonna feel this past week. Yesterday was kind of a breakthrough day. The tension in the knee seems to be going away daily as I remember what it's all about. The feel of an even rhythm, a solid railing turn or a firm stop is good again, was a bit sketchy on day 1.
    Geez, that feeling of a long, smooth set of turns really does a body good.
    And the brain, I'm noticing how much head game is involved with getting the game back on.
    Noticeable weakness in the one leg is slowly becoming less of a concern. Only been banging around on easy terrain, trying to keep from getting jolted too hard on the uneven hardpack.

Pretty warm here this AM. mid 30's in town with some not snow yet precip.
    Hopefully it hardens up here soon.
    Thanks for this, Dj -- :

My first day in 21 months was a train wreck , and since I am still in court and still not going to ski enough ,
    I see it is going to be a three year process ( - even without Surgery )

still, there were Brief moments - and I Remember :
    There is nothing else - Nothing- that gives me the Sensation -the thrill I feel on skis.

nothing.

we'll see what March brings, Dj ...

March 20 at Lost Trail with Big Lost and po-Tate-o, even if I can't ski --

But your message tells me :

" Never give up "

Thanks, Dj ! !!!

humbled. tj

Right on, SkiJ - that's what I was getting at...skiing rules. For a lifetime.
    Even with a fucked up interlude, we can dig on the groove in short order. Your ski delay was way bigger than mine with a few more tough variables. Keep your eyes on the prize and you'll be riding the train in due time.

You have great memories to draw from, let them remind you what is yet to come. Skiing with old friends and with new ones. Now that's a goal.

Your vibe is solid up in here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Yo, Eagle, I'd be up for turning witcha. Jockeying between Dr. appointments and some car warranty stuff makes my schedule a bit flaky right now. PM me or text to coordinate. Be good to catch up on our damage/recovery stories.

Baby bear - Let's get safe soon, maybe this weekend?

I'm feeling about ready for some laps with friends - took a lap with Lindenle a coupla days ago. Always great to turn with him. Laughing and enjoying the gig is his M.O.

As I turn up the speed and terrain options, the knee seems to be up to the task of being there, solid-like, when I ask for it. The doubt is slowly fading. Still skiing carefully, for me, but ramping up brings with it the concern of a wreck. Still worried about how that's gonna go.
    No diggers yet except for the nudge offa the Teewinot ramp...
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Snow conditions and coverage are getting better daily. Colder temps and flurries around the hill have helped all week. Yer timing should be good, Eagleskier. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Thanks for this, Dj -- :

My first day in 21 months was a train wreck , and since I am still in court and still not going to ski enough ,
    I see it is going to be a three year process ( - even without Surgery )

still, there were Brief moments - and I Remember :
    There is nothing else - Nothing- that gives me the Sensation -the thrill I feel on skis.

nothing.

we'll see what March brings, Dj ...

March 20 at Lost Trail with Big Lost and po-Tate-o, even if I can't ski --

" Never give up "

Thanks, Dj ! !!!

humbled. tj
    Jeeze, even with a full blown heart attack and cardiac arrest I was off the hill less than a month . That was 8 years ago. Tomorrow going to continue to hit it again. Hard....but damn this other shit sounds awful. Months and years? Sounds terrible.

Anyway. KC will open tomorrow 12:30 pM. I'm in the ticket office all day, though i'm taking my gear, planning on a run or two with the boy Tate. Y'all come see us.

Looking forward to March. The 20th in particular. ;-)
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Snow conditions and coverage are getting better daily. Colder temps and flurries around the hill have helped all week. Yer timing should be good, Eagleskier. Fingers crossed.
    Keeping fingers crossed. Be in your town Jan 1. Let er snow...

the phall and jtran show officially coming in 1/31-2/3. likely touring (and working) 1/31 and 2/3 (on the way back to slc), skiing the village 2/1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

" Never give up "

Thanks, Dj ! !!!

tj
    I am banking on this message!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Fun skiing the last few days! Shitty cell pic from even worse vis.

SkiJ- didn't realize you had been off skis so long. glad you still are here posting and enjoying the stoke until you can partake in it again.
    maybe we try to pencil a mag gathering at KC March 20th. always wanted to ski there and bonus to meet you and LBL

Djongo- yes this weekend! I've been feeling so unsafe

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Fun skiing the last few days! Shitty cell pic from even worse vis.

but skiing doesn't look sh*tty!
    skid luxury

Is KC actually getting snow with all the rain in IF this week? I see they said 8” of fresh, but that can disappear quick with rain.

Pow day! Great skiing today!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Moar pics you slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Moar pics you slackers
    I second this. Pics or it didn’t happen

It was nice today. Had some good laps with DJ.
    No pics today, but here is a short vid clip (<30sec) from the Teton lift this morning.

https://www.tetongravity.com/video/s...-season-powder

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    SkiJ- didn't realize you had been off skis so long. glad you still are here posting and enjoying the stoke until you can partake in it again.
    maybe we try to pencil a mag gathering at KC March 20th. always wanted to ski there and bonus to meet you and LBL

Djongo- yes this weekend! I've been feeling so unsafe

but skiing doesn't look sh*tty!
    hey ! b_bear ! !!
    I Love your stuff !

... looks like you've got a Great crew in Jackson
    ( I always wanted to try 'King
    ( JHMR is beyond my aged, Midwest, Terminal intermediate(,) gaper ability. BUT ! :

Big Lost (LBL), po-Tate-o, and I will (Shall) be at Lost Trail on March20 ( twenty. Friday - and likely Saturday )

I'm calling it a mini- and If it's a micro- we are very OKay with that --

JB is one of my dearest friends --
    If you follow his thread, you know he lives Life --

2018 was crazy.

I'm . . .

thanks ! b_bear... and Thank you...

I'm not going anywhere --
    I've been a skier for forty and fifty-five years ( Telemark - in Wisconsin in 1966 ) ;

even If I can't ski, skiing is My scene.

I love this place : Thank you... and

Thanks ! To tgr for hosting (!)

tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 12-18-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Sacajawea opening today at the ghee!

Filthy yellow puffy dirty yellow helmet. Ask for change.

If you find your way to the Ghee PM me, and I'll show you around.

KC off to a bit of a wet start. Yesterday early AM before opening was deep fluffy, though it was on top of little to no base. A tiny bit sketchy. Later came wet snow and freezing ice on goggles. After the sun went down the snow firmed and the wet drag disappeared. Tate said it actually got pretty good. Need more snow no doubt. Will continue to work on that.

Working 3 to 9 tonight and all day Saturday. See you there.

Last edited by Little Big Lost; 12-13-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge