Page 47 of 89 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2210
    A bit like the surface of the moon a few days ago....with a bit of dust on top now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3078.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	946.8 KB 
ID:	319553  

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    A bit like the surface of the moon a few days ago....with a bit of dust on top now
    Cool pic; Big mountain desolation.
    What, are you guys walking to St. Patty's?

Eggzelent - how was the lee slope?

What's it like inside the ropes?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Cool pic; Big mountain desolation.
    What, are you guys walking to St. Patty's?

Eggzelent - how was the lee slope?

What's it like inside the ropes?
    Martini's for dinner, couple days off so no opinion on inside the ropes...knee probs. If you like your Martini with lots of ice you would have enjoyed our adventure. It wasn't unexpected but we were hoping for a corn martini instead of one with extra dry ice.

I suspect the Tram line cam told the story today...walk on's all day.

Yer reading my mind, I scoped the tramcam a few times and had to look closer to see how short it was.
    Likely milk bottle dust on firm.

I was in the vill yesterday and was thinking how now was the time to be in Jensen. Well done soldier, that's a sweet march out there. Reminds you of being in the big mountains after all the mechanica inbounds.

Waiting for that shot to corn up is a challenge, it could be awhile. Sun's gotta turn the corner on it...

Any moar piks?

Attachment 319633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3071.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	319631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3054.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	319632Attachment 319635Attachment 319634

Had Once for Lunch and Martini's for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Attachment 319633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3071.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	319631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3054.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	319632Attachment 319635Attachment 319634

Had Once for Lunch and Martini's for dinner.
    Entrance to dinner

Looking back at Twice is Nice

Rock walk

Someone fix the sideways ones plz...I am challenged
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3081.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	992.0 KB 
ID:	319644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3087.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	319645   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3069 (2).jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	687.5 KB 
ID:	319646  

​I am not in your hurry

Mad skills Gepeto, thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    So:
    Looking back to Once is Enough
    Backside of No Name
    Entrance, Once is Enough
    Rock Walk to the top

Thanks for the help !

Most excellent wstdeep!

Stoke has been shallow lately, way to bring the big mountain ski vibe back.

Cool to see Twice from that angle, hard to explain that dogleg sometimes. And Once looks perfecto...until that cornice skier's left goes and runnels it in the gut.

Yeah! Sweet pics. So that's Twice on lookers right? I've skied that, but never went into Once. The entrance to Once was too big a pucker factor for me at the time. This was a hundred years ago when OB was only open at the end of the season.

JS - yeah, you got it. It's so good to see these lines from uncommon angles. Makes them look skiable when you see it up close.

~~~~~~~~~~~`

11" in the past 24 hours might be a slight overstatement. About 4-6" since close. Skiing will be good but mind the Orcas beneath the soft stuff.

11" in the past 24 hours might be a slight overstatement. About 4-6" since close. Skiing will be good but mind the Orcas beneath the soft stuff.
    Also, don’t believe the Avi forecast. I’m not sure what they have been up to the past few days at the BT Avi Center but yesterday afternoon wasn’t low, and 11 in (if that number real) on the sheet of ice that’s covering everything seems like it should be higher then moderate/low/low...

Just be safe

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Pass seemed very right side up and the heavier stuff down low was well connected to the hard pack below. Sleeper morning.

The Ghee is officially on Mountain Collective next year, lesser of two evils I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Pass seemed very right side up and the heavier stuff down low was well connected to the hard pack below. Sleeper morning.

The Ghee is officially on Mountain Collective next year, lesser of two evils I suppose.
    Damn. Titttttt fargin taaaaaayyyyzzz. Hyperventilatin' over here.

Awesome Tetons life, livin the dream there snapt.

Total noob question here, For locals: With the spring buying period coming up, which season pass (if any) do you typically purchase?
    I scored a pretty sweet job and will be moving to Jackson at the end of April. I typically ski the backcountry a lot, but I usually buy a season pass as well. I have been living in south central WA for the past few years, so my ski area has been small and season pass not super expensive, but skiing is also super hit or miss so i find myself traveling a lot for the goods...or just dealing with fairly long approaches.
    I am really excited to have JHMR and the Tetons in my backyard. I am just trying to determine what makes the most economic sense and what the consensus among locals is.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Larix View Post
    Total noob question here, For locals: With the spring buying period coming up, which season pass (if any) do you typically purchase?
    I scored a pretty sweet job and will be moving to Jackson at the end of April. I typically ski the backcountry a lot, but I usually buy a season pass as well. I have been living in south central WA for the past few years, so my ski area has been small and season pass not super expensive, but skiing is also super hit or miss so i find myself traveling a lot for the goods...or just dealing with fairly long approaches.
    I am really excited to have JHMR and the Tetons in my backyard. I am just trying to determine what makes the most economic sense and what the consensus among locals is.
    Cheers
    If it’s your first full season here, the Grand Pass (Jackson’s season pass) is an awesome way to go. If you buy it early, you need to ski about 10 days to break even.

I agree with the snow being right side up, but everything was moving. The big chutes out north all went big with ski cuts. I was the 4th or 5th person down our line on 4Pines and it ripped behind me, taking time to build momentum and volume. Maybe I’m overly cautious these days, but it seemed like it was a bit low.

Because you asked so politely:

Daily tickets are so high now ($175+) and there are only 3? types of passes - Grand/full, 10 day and 7 day.

So it is engineered for the local to just spring for the full pass and have no limits. In a fat pow season, 10 days burns quick.

No more weekend warrior or weekday wrangler passes. Options dwindle.

Depending on your work schedule the full pass in spring is worth it if you can afford it early, and you know you'll have more than 10 days for the village come winter.
    If you plan on skiing BC/Pass/Park, then less resort days may appeal more.

Spring buy gets you 5 1/2 off vouchers instead of 2 and free tram rides all summer. Which is nice.

7 or 10 day passes get you the first 2 1/2 weeks and the closing week for free. 25 days

Many employers here help with a ski pass discount, ask yours.

^^^^^Based on the past, shite could change for next season so consider...

Cool! thanks for the insight guys. It seems at least for my first winter I should go with the full season pass. I'll have a pretty good schedule (weekends and some Fridays off) and plenty of leave. I am hoping there is some sort of discount I can get through my job...but thats a big IF

Because you asked so politely:

Daily tickets are so high now ($175+) and there are only 3? types of passes - Grand/full, 10 day and 7 day.

So it is engineered for the local to just spring for the full pass and have no limits. In a fat pow season, 10 days burns quick.

No more weekend warrior or weekday wrangler passes. Options dwindle.

Depending on your work schedule the full pass in spring is worth it if you can afford it early, and you know you'll have more than 10 days for the village come winter.
    If you plan on skiing BC/Pass/Park, then less resort days may appeal more.

Spring buy gets you 5 1/2 off vouchers instead of 2 and free tram rides all summer. Which is nice.

7 or 10 day passes get you the first 2 1/2 weeks and the closing week for free. 25 days

Many employers here help with a ski pass discount, ask yours.

^^^^^Based on the past, shite could change for next season so consider...
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    If it’s your first full season here, the Grand Pass (Jackson’s season pass) is an awesome way to go. If you buy it early, you need to ski about 10 days to break even.

Quote Originally Posted by Larix View Post
    Cool! thanks for the insight guys. It seems at least for my first winter I should go with the full season pass. I'll have a pretty good schedule (weekends and some Fridays off) and plenty of leave. I am hoping there is some sort of discount I can get through my job...but thats a big IF
    Ive heard some local business have deals with the resort for discounts on season passes for their employees, but I can’t confirm that other then rumors. Definitely worth asking.

Ask your employer if they are members of the 'JH Air Merchant Pass' program. Been around for decades. They'll know.

Will do. Thanks for the advice!

You should have some time.
    Season pass discounts have always been thru august.
    Don’t panic. See what the new job can offer you

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    You should have some time.
    Season pass discounts have always been thru august.
    Don’t panic. See what the new job can offer you
    there’s now more of a discount by ordering your pass before the end if april or may.
    skid luxury

Speaking of ... When do said 20/21 go on sale?
    JHMR site is still showing this years.

Spent so many days in Jackson the last few years I just might as well. The Mountian Collective card works great but bumped up
    against the break even point at 14 days.
    And with a base I**n added on that's all I
    would need.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nimCUWBqjgg