Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Last few days at the Ghee have been excellent. But we got antsy. So this:

Attachment 306235
    Looks like whiskey may have been involved! I’m jelly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191215_141602.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	306324

Name:	IMG_20191215_141610.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	306325
    Snow quality was great today. Winds have been light so tons of snow and frost hanging in the trees.
    First time riding lifts at the vill yesterday put a beat down on me. Whole body was feeling it today.
    I'd be in for a little ski and apres next Saturday.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Agreed, the snow quality around the Tetons is getting better and fast. The small squalls over the weekend, along with the wind, has made the village eminently more skiable. Good enough to begin tiring us out before we wanna be.
    Still a thin skin but adventuring is edging towards safe. Local bounders are already blurring the ropelines.

Sounds like January will be busy with visiting mags - Good!

Howzabout we have an apres ski get together next Saturday? Maybe out in the ranch lot after the parking goes free, and assuming it's not jammed at about 2 PM...plenty of room for rippers, gimps and new kids. Drinking and safety on the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Agreed, the snow quality around the Tetons is getting better and fast. The small squalls over the weekend, along with the wind, has made the village eminently more skiable.
    This.

The mountain skied great yesterday and today. Really fun.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post

Name:	IMG_20191215_141602.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	306324

Name:	IMG_20191215_141610.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	306325
    Snow quality was great today. Winds have been light so tons of snow and frost hanging in the trees.
    First time riding lifts at the vill yesterday put a beat down on me. Whole body was feeling it today.
    I'd be in for a little ski and apres next Saturday.
    Swerve did you pass me on the uphill today, se.ridge.of Taylor? I almost asked for change for a nickel. The exit was a bit sporty, but great turns up above.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Some piks from the Village:

Name:	20191217_124854.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	306555Top of Bridger looking up at the Headwall.

Name:	20191217_130551.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	306557Thunder saddle looking north into Amphitheater.
    Name:  20191217_131453.jpg
Views: 1134
Size:  208.0 KBThunder chairline bumps looking nice.
    Name:  20191217_125618.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  77.7 KBTop of Riverton rock.
    Name:  20191217_125613.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  68.2 KBLines around Riverton.

Skiing is pretty good right now, no lines, walk-on trams. Chaired up to top of Sublette today, skied a little off piste. Knee seems to be hanging in there. Got jacked a bit on the cattrack when a rock splintered my ski off to the side. Kinda hurt so skied em on down for the day.

^^^ looking good!

Some piks from the Village:

Name:	20191217_124854.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	306555Top of Bridger looking up at the Headwall.

Name:	20191217_130551.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	306557Thunder saddle looking north into Amphitheater.
    Name:  20191217_131453.jpg
Views: 1134
Size:  208.0 KBThunder chairline bumps looking nice.
    Name:  20191217_125618.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  77.7 KBTop of Riverton rock.
    Name:  20191217_125613.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  68.2 KBLines around Riverton.

Skiing is pretty good right now, no lines, walk-on trams. Chaired up to top of Sublette today, skied a little off piste. Knee seems to be hanging in there. Got jacked a bit on the cattrack when a rock splintered my ski off to the side. Kinda hurt so skied em on down for the day.
    Things are looking good. Tentatively looking at the 23through 26th of January. Historically over the last 10 years those dates look pretty good snow wise.
    Safety first everyone

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Swerve did you pass me on the uphill today, se.ridge.of Taylor? I almost asked for change for a nickel. The exit was a bit sporty, but great turns up above.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    Wasn't me. I'm a desk jockey so not normally out on weekdays unless its early morning. If you see someone in tan pants and an orange/red windbreaker say hi.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Excellent, SirVic! see ya when we see ya, skiing should be top notch by then.

-3 at the base, 19 at the summit right now. Ski High.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Thanks for the positive vibes all. I'm back!

Ski ya soon mags and maggettes.

Edit: As an early Christmas gift I got 2 key ski things: a sweet new camera for some photojournaling. SkifishBum really inspired me with his work.
    And a new phone. My Achilles heel for connecting is now cured.

Feel like I got one of those Morton's neuromas though, you were correct, Harry. Not a gift, I assure ya...
    Whats goin on?
    so yur saying im a social media influencer?
    bro tip
    dont let it control your day
    but whip it out on occasion
    point shoot and pray
    at sum point filter through a hundy attempts
    and see if any prayers got answered
    you know how i am with phones
    the ice grom and i may just road trip the ice audi to the hole to bring ya some satch xmass cheer
    text me yur digits and ill try to formulate a plan
    otherwise im takin off with the 27th- 30 to bday road trip in search of pows with the old lady and god
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

doh Casper chair getting evac'd right now (you can see it on the webcams)
    of course it's always on the coldest days
    skid luxury

Took a break from my stressful and time consuming job today to shred. Freezing down low, warm up top. Its riding so well right now, I’m still finding pow pockets in all my favorite spots. I was on Casper, then Teton and as I was heading out I heard about the evac. So brutal for it to be today. Chopper was out but it was just rescue practice I heard. Getting some time in as it’s the calm before the storm, I don’t look forward to these crowds starting this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    doh Casper chair getting evac'd right now (you can see it on the webcams)
    of course it's always on the coldest days
    Heard from a high profile local talent (actually fairly low profile but very high talent ) that he got lowered down...maybe the Mrs too ?

Getting to be pretty low tide out there...maybe the lifties got bored and wanted a show

Yup, I think Xtine is right, the shitshow is right around the corner. Hope we're wrong though. It also occurred to me that this may be the end of walk-on lifts for a while. It's been a good opening all things considered. Not too busy, enough snow coverage and cold days.

Tough times on Casper; that's a new chair too. JHC, the lifty crew this season is chock full of dinks. Lack of enthusiasm, politeness, ability to engage and converse, and a general attitude of 'this ain't my passion'.
    Disappointing, but hey, it's early.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    With any luck, we'll get a visit from SFB over the holidays. Mebbe with the special lady friend or even the Ice Grom. Always welcome here.

Anyone free to party apres ski this Saturday? Pick a spot at the base and meet for beers and whatnot. Would be a good time to meet some of you lurkers 'round here. More of you than I thought.

Either way you lurkers, chime in a little more if you please, let's get some diversity here in pasty town. Always interesting to hear from the quiet folk who've been around.

Time to go skiing. 5@base, 10 up high. Iz Gut.

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Heard from a high profile local talent (actually fairly low profile but very high talent ) that he got lowered down...maybe the Mrs too ?

Getting to be pretty low tide out there...maybe the lifties got bored and wanted a show
    husband was on casper and got lowered. of course he enjoyed it and said he can now “check that off his list” lol

Anyone free to party apres ski this Saturday? Pick a spot at the base and meet for beers and whatnot. Would be a good time to meet some of you lurkers 'round here. More of you than I thought.
    let’s do it. I think koko suggested the new tgr continuum hotel bar which seems appropriate. Heard the RMO in the basement of the moose is also a good new low key spot (VC’ish) Anyone have a strong preference? as I have not been to either yet this yr. which has better nachos?
    Saturday 2 or 2:30pm? woohoo
    skid luxury

as I have not been to either yet this yr. which has better nachos?
    The Trap has better nachos...just saying!

Not gonna make it over to the dark side this weekend. Party on!

I’m in on Saturday. Finding that when you can’t ski or do anything fun outside in winter, booze becomes a sport!
    I’ll have my two daughters hanging with me after ski school/free ride training. So, I’ll be letting the rest of you be safe. Happy to meet up for one tho!

let’s do it. I think koko suggested the new tgr continuum hotel bar which seems appropriate. Heard the RMO in the basement of the moose is also a good new low key spot (VC’ish) Anyone have a strong preference? as I have not been to either yet this yr. which has better nachos?
    Saturday 2 or 2:30pm? woohoo
    I wasn't impressed with the RMO the other day, haven't been to the continuum yet. I have commitments this Saturday afternoon but will join you guys another time.

Doubt I can make this Saturday, but for those of you wanting to party after Aprés, I believe Mikey Franco is having a solstice bonfire at his tune shop.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

There's big drops and then there's this one

Went to continuum yesterday for apres. Someone told me they were mistakenly serving $11 shots of don julio so I rushed over. It was a rumor. But I did pay $8 for a can of beer that almost took an act of congress to get delivered. Getting another one after first beer was empty seemed to be a bridge too far for the indifferent server. Left and went to spur where prompt service with a barley pop and tasty viddles soon followed.

Walk on tram will end Saturday so get your laps in before the colossal goat fuck that the village becomes during the holidays is in full goat fuckery.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post

I show this to my wife and I say "holy shit"
    Her indifferent response: "and how did that end up for them?"

I had to laugh as that sums up her comments to me when I do something stupid.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post

For the record, there's a LOT of camera angle going on here. This is the Insomnia/Claustrophobia zone - 2 big rock knobs lookers left of expert chutes. There's another twin like the one in the foreground, hiding behind it. That's the skier's launch point.

It IS massive air, even on the short drop it's about 30 feet. More from the nose, which rarely gets skied. The landing zone is the area that slid inbounds a coupla years ago.

I've seen Leger drop that a few times with a front flip. Also watched Forrest Jump land on the front of the only bombhole, just to flip into the crater and bury his head. Blacked out and had to get dug out and revived IIRC.

Not to belittle the skier. It takes a TON of balls just to roll up and onto that knob, much less slide forward into the oblivion and then you see the landing sooooo far away still.

Nowadays the really badass launch is skiing tower 4 cliffs and skiing away from it. Double drop, 30 and 50 footers to the apron above Thunder, onto the saddle and ski away. An inbounds closure and highly frowned upon.
    Takes some planning. I've seen it done 4-5 times, twice successfully, a couple wrecks. Probably not in 15 years.

Sands and Simms to Tower 4 cliffs to Unskiable chute to the car. Now that's a feather in your cap.

Rideit - saw your Q a page back. I’m seeing a friend and client of mine from the Midwest. He won’t be slicing and dicing me if I have to go that route. Probably Koury or Goetz if rehab doesn’t get it turned around.

So are folks having one after skiing tomorrow? I vote for the Spur, alpenhof or the ranch lot but will meet anywhere if timing works.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums