Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    DJ and Beece, hoping to be in the early queue
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Hoping for a reverse pow day at the ghee tomorrow, will probably be clicked in 130 or 2 till close if any mads are round.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    this is why I like to dine at 5:30pm lol. but I agree- at normal people dining time it'll be crowded
    Wait. You eat dinner at 5:30 in the evening and you have no kids? LOLZ

No wonder we never run into you when it Jackson. Isn't 5:30 PBR time (or whatever refreshing cheap beer people drink there now) in Jackson? You'd love my dad, my wife's dad. They claim starvation when they eat dinner with us (always Euro late with kids super tired and without energy to make a scene).
    Last edited by uglymoney; 01-01-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    It really shouldn’t reflect on Hand Fire - other than the staff did nothing to help the situation - but the incident is somewhat typical of what happens here with parents who give zero fucks about their rowdy chirren. Long story short: fat drunk dad of one of the kids I yelled at wanted to take it outside. We didn’t fight - my policy is to avoid tuning someone up in front of their young'uns. Instead I calmed his fat ass down and made him pay for our beers. But there was a lot of back and forth to get to that point that upset the staff and other patrons.

I see it at a lot of restaurants here, like at Spur just the other day. Wilson moms get upset if you ask them to control little Bridger who is running around the tables playing tag and almost a knocked a full tray of food out of a server’s hands. You see the same thing at Moose games.
    That’s fucking funny. We are sitting at Sidewinders trying to get some extensive grub for a sick teenager, and first thing he and my wife say while cracking up when I walk in is watch out for flying kids, we almost got cut out at the knees.

I do not miss having to deal with little kids. Can’t stand it when they are left unsupervised. You are a parent. I mean, that’s like the whole job.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    That’s fucking funny. We are sitting at Sidewinders trying to get some extensive grub for a sick teenager, and first thing he and my wife say while cracking up when I walk in is watch out for flying kids, we almost got cut out at the knees.

I do not miss having to deal with little kids. Can’t stand it when they are left unsupervised. You are a parent. I mean, that’s like the whole job.
    If they have expanded signatures, I am adding b's last line , " ... that's like the whole job. "

Beauty, eh !

Thank You... tj

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    DJ and Beece, hoping to be in the early queue
    Hope to see ya there. The kid is pretty under the weather so that might throw a wrench in our morning, but one way or another I will be out there with some portion of the family in tow.

So, we had takeaway from Momo tonight, and I gotta say, my vindaloo was pretty mediocre.
    One point to Teton Tiger.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Arrive Saturday for a quick hit, hopefully the storms lingers a bit. Happy New Year
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, we had takeaway from Momo tonight, and I gotta say, my vindaloo was pretty mediocre.
    One point to Teton Tiger.
    Ate there prior to Josh Ritter the other night and it definatley wasn't what it was in Victor. Good, but not mind blowing.

Love me some storm skiing. Headwall and hobacks just awesome
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Today was just awesome. Got me a few hobacks runs before it got real crowded at base. I don’t get to go out again til Saturday so I’m pretty happy I got this in.

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    I think we passed by each other a couple times on the way up yesterday. I'm up there everyday, black backpack with a steely patch.
    Sounds about right—daughter duly noted the patch ⚡️

DJ— up around togotee doing the family nordork thing right now but I’ll be back at the village before too long. Would have tried to be social last couple weeks but w the family holidays shitshow scene I just kept my head down.

I hope the snow keeps falling.

Schwerty—catch up w you before too long...

What a day! mustve gotten 5 runs on the hobacks in before i was feeling the tracks, managed to avoid waiting in line for longer 5 minutes besides a few tram laps. Met some guys from tahoe and showed them around the best i can, took some safety's and got a free lunch out of it. Today was so sick i didnt even feel the hangover haha

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

great day out there and dumping again!
    not sure why, bc it was relatively warm, but I could not shake the chills today
    going to eat an orange and take some zinc

maybe maggot group ski this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Wait. You eat dinner at 5:30 in the evening and you have no kids? LOLZ

No wonder we never run into you when it Jackson. Isn't 5:30 PBR time (or whatever refreshing cheap beer people drink there now) in Jackson? You'd love my dad, my wife's dad. They claim starvation when they eat dinner with us (always Euro late with kids super tired and without energy to make a scene).
    haha. well I prefer to eat on the earlier side, but rarely get to. husband doesn't usually get home until 6:30ish and of course most friends want to eat at normal times (although I'm always game for joining my parent friends for early dins, which is nice/ keeps you connected with different lives)
    I've never been to spain, but pretty sure it wouldn't work out well for me #hanger
    I also think we have been away when you've come to visit bc otherwise I would stay up late to hang with the uglymoney fam. always thought you guys seemed dope. when's the next visit planned and I will INK it onto my schedule
    skid luxury

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	308712
    storm riding at its finest
    1st tram 2 subb laps and 2 wy nots and done by 11:30 my first beer since the xmas bug that put me down.this weekend is gonna rock

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Hobacks laps in the morning were frankly amazing. Always another line to find.

Had a great time pillow searching on the other side with DJ in the afternoon with mrs beece and little beece. DJ I look forward to the beer I owe ya!

Can’t wait for tomorrow. Hope our 18 yo heals up in time. He had to spend the day in the cabin sick. Missing a day like today crushed him - all those soft landings.

Huh. Just realized I left a sick teenager alone all day in a cabin so I could score powder. Once again I’m reminded that I might be a bad parent.

Awesome work all of you devil dogs. Way to get after it.
    My usual crack of the crack motivation has been waning this season as my tentative skiing, and the firm conditions, have been holding me back.

Planned on an early rendezvous with Koko and others but woulda held ya back on a pow morn. You won't hear me say that too many times.
    Rolled into the faraway lot about 11 and skied laps on Casper for awhile before meeting up with beece and his ladies. Nice handful of soft runs, some pillows and slashy bumps in stashy spots.

Debated calling it quick until I snaked a waist deep turn in the trees and knew it was no time to split. Glad I stayed as the skiing was choice and my knee really performed well today. Best day for me all season so far - sounds like a common sentiment.
    Psyched everyone had a great day and thrashed the HBs.

Daaaaang, my legs are cooked. Ski ya tomorrow or soon. In for a magski too, Babybear.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 01-02-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    great day out there and dumping again!
    not sure why, bc it was relatively warm, but I could not shake the chills today
    going to eat an orange and take some zinc

maybe maggot group ski this weekend?

haha. well I prefer to eat on the earlier side, but rarely get to. husband doesn't usually get home until 6:30ish and of course most friends want to eat at normal times (although I'm always game for joining my parent friends for early dins, which is nice/ keeps you connected with different lives)
    I've never been to spain, but pretty sure it wouldn't work out well for me #hanger
    I also think we have been away when you've come to visit bc otherwise I would stay up late to hang with the uglymoney fam. always thought you guys seemed dope. when's the next visit planned and I will INK it onto my schedule
    Cool!

Yeah the restaurants in the Pyrenees don't even open till 830 and you eat alone till after 9 when people actually show up. We fit in great over there. More so than Iowa for sure.

March 15 to 21 for JH this year at the cabins. Will be the usual mish mash junk show of people coming in from Iowa some of whom want to follow me around which causes us to keep a semi low profile but I'll give a shout out if you're around (and Djongo). Always manage to find SIJ at his basement desk but I think I owe him some whiskey from dropping in too often.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Hobacks laps in the morning were frankly amazing. Always another line to find.

Had a great time pillow searching on the other side with DJ in the afternoon with mrs beece and little beece. DJ I look forward to the beer I owe ya!

Can’t wait for tomorrow. Hope our 18 yo heals up in time. He had to spend the day in the cabin sick. Missing a day like today crushed him - all those soft landings.

Huh. Just realized I left a sick teenager alone all day in a cabin so I could score powder. Once again I’m reminded that I might be a bad parent.
    Man... I hope he's healed up and having a good day today. Looks like your timing was impeccable. I'm jelly as all get out right now. And no, you are not a bad parent.

Did anyone find a red Smith helmet somewhere on the skintrack up to 25 Short in GTNP? LMK, thanks.

That was some damn fine skiing yesterday. Finally rallied early, still ended up 8th in Ganja line. Only to have ski school push over 300 clients/instructors up, 20 minutes before opening. Lotsa grumbling .

They mostly all booked uphill to thunder so I broke trail on Mr. Toad's wild ride to the far side of the woods.
    First trax of the season in one of my favorite pow lines; Expert pitch, roly-poly in between scrub trees and willows.
    Waist deep for about 40 turns to the cattrack then over to the next pitch, shot 105. A great start to a stellar morning.
    Skied about 20 laps around mid mountain as webcams showed full mazes up high. Ski-on chairs, HS quad for freshies 2hrs. into it. I bet I had 1500 uncut turns in 10-20 of windblown light stuff, about 9-10% SWE. Good living.
    Decided to take an off path line out for the day and oh, hell...About 36" thru a bunch of willow patches was a bear to get through. No one had tried yet, which I realized quickly. T'was a fun struggle but stressed the knee pushing and pulling in weird directions.

Looks like possible precip on/off for days into next week, hope for the best.
    Crowds have been stout but not unbearable; with a lot of luck that may lighten up soon. Lotsa closer regionals have good snow(UT) so less inbound rippers.
    Incoming mags all winter though, that's awesome...

Yeah skiing has been great.

They finally took down the “Give bear spray to tram operator” sign a few days ago.

It was pretty funny listening to the comments...

“You look local, do you have bear spray...?
    “Should I have bear spray...?”
    “How do I see a bear...?”
    “Does it go off automatically at high altitude...?”
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Cool pic of the lad, LBL. We'll be rolling your way after things fill in and soften up. Come over if'n ya ont to. We gots 1/2 offs for the villy and 2fers at the ghee for you two. Way to represent at Soldier, Solid.
    Thanks! Not sure I will make it up that way this year, so busy working hill, and then our trips the other direction (LT and Soldier). So much snow, so little time. Thanks for the generous offer though.

KC Report....Plenty of coverage and a good base. The main groomer in for repairs, be a day or two before grooming resumes. Hill gets beat to shit over the holidays, need more snow to keep it rolling. January February local school programs begin. I have access to scheduling so I know when there will be a shit ton of kids on the hill. Avoid that if you can. Once the schedule is finalized in a day or so I will post 'best' days/nights to come.

Got a couple of runs in yesterday. Keeping the legs tuned on the choppy shit.

Me..I'll be 65 this year.

The hill... couple of days ago...

The boat....
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Rendezvous word on the street is bobby weir with john mayer for the village show on March 28.
    They should be making official announcement any day.

Looks like I'll be around the Vill tomorrow. Anyone want to meet for a few laps?
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"