Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Fucking Hell.

Knee replacement surgery recovery time is probably a lot faster than ligament reconstruction recovery time?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Posted this over in Sprocket Rockets, but most of you aren’t over there.

OK, so the prognosis is fairly grim. Blew out ACL, MCL, PCL, and I have a contusion/fracture on the top of my Fibia. I have to let the Meniscus heal (~6 weeks), and then I am getting a total knee replacement on January 27th. The good news (according to the doc) is that I’ll still be able to charge as a cyclist (but likely my days of getting dh Strava trophies are over).
    The worst parts are the timing (will have to pay for this early next year, our deductible will be 10k before insurance kicks in at 50%). Also, I have a México Mt. Bike/surf trip all planned and paid for March 20th, not sure what the hell will happen with that.
    He took one look at the results and immediately prescribed 50 Oxy, so I got that going for me....
    And I get to buy a Wahoo Kickr and join Zwift, lucky me!
    It is open enrollment right now, I'd look into it at least and crunch the numbers on a better plan, even if you just switch over for a year. I think even the shittiest Wyoming plan on the exchange has a OOP max of like 8 grand for an individual. If there is any solace in you 6 week delay its that you can price shop, not many health scares allow you to do that.

Either way, I hope you heal up quick.
    Live Free or Die

Positive vibes Rideit
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

New Joint

OK, so the prognosis is fairly grim. Blew out ACL, MCL, PCL, and I have a contusion/fracture on the top of my Fibia. I have to let the Meniscus heal (~6 weeks), and then I am getting a total knee replacement on January 27th.
    Vibes on the knee. Do not fuck around with knee replacement surgeons, the wrong guy will wreck your life. You want a high volume, computer assisted (to get everything lined up perfect), ideally late 40's (great experience, but not yet over the hill), and probably a guy who specializes in knees (not hips, knees, backs, wrists, etc.)

My new hip from March is currently rock solid, and best joint I've got.

Yeah, I have “that guy”. He is doing 10-15 of them just the week I am scheduled.
    Dr. Goetz.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Bernie has to stay busy to cover the damages awarded in that civil suit he lost, huh?

Who is Bernie?
    My guy is Angus

Ah, sorry. I guess that's more of a regional joke in poor taste.

Wish ya the best with everything, man.

OK, so the prognosis is fairly grim. Blew out ACL, MCL, PCL, and I have a contusion/fracture on the top of my Fibia. I have to let the Meniscus heal (~6 weeks), and then I am getting a total knee replacement on January 27th. The good news (according to the doc) is that I’ll still be able to charge as a cyclist (but likely my days of getting dh Strava trophies are over).
    The worst parts are the timing (will have to pay for this early next year, our deductible will be 10k before insurance kicks in at 50%). Also, I have a México Mt. Bike/surf trip all planned and paid for March 20th, not sure what the hell will happen with that.
    He took one look at the results and immediately prescribed 50 Oxy, so I got that going for me....
    And I get to buy a Wahoo Kickr and join Zwift, lucky me!
    Sorry man, that's terrible to hear. Vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Ah, sorry. I guess that's more of a regional joke in poor taste.

Wish ya the best with everything, man.
    Gracias!

Gracias!
    Jesus, That hurts just to read it. Bueno suerte on all procedures.
    Last edited by new yabyum; 12-06-2019 at 02:04 PM. Reason: word

Yeah, I have “that guy”. He is doing 10-15 of them just the week I am scheduled.
    Dr. Goetz.
    Goetz is good, he put my arm back together aftermaths wicked fall in Zero G. Hell of surgeon and a cool dude to boot. Couple years later showed me how to get into fish on the refuge too

Yeah, he fixed my meniscus after my last ACL that Khoury completely missed. Since then he is my go to.
    But I think Khoury is pretty good, you can’t catch everything.

AAaaack! JFC, mag...ouch.

PM me if I can help.

Yeah, he fixed my meniscus after my last ACL that Khoury completely missed. Since then he is my go to.
    But I think Khoury is pretty good, you can’t catch everything.

man. I'm really sorry to hear that. I did the same thing in Sept, but not anywhere near as bad. Tore my PCL riding at Trestle. I'm just now out of the brace. Doc says I can ski, PT says I should wait until end of Jan. Dunno where you're located, but I went to Armando Vidal at Steadman in Vail and have nothing but positive things to say about him and Steadman. best luck healing up.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    is February usually a safe bet for travelers? I'm looking to lock down a place to stay for a week or so.

fwiw I went on a spontaneous trip last Feb and it was awesome. Deepest feb ever at JH. It was busy-ish but nothing compared to the FR on a busy day.

Anyone gonna be skiing jh tomorrow? I'd be stoked to shred with some locals for the first real pow day

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

I feel like a beginning advanced skier; and it kinda feels good.

What with a few new parts and pieces in my knee, I wasn't sure how the mechanics of skiing were gonna feel this past week. Yesterday was kind of a breakthrough day. The tension in the knee seems to be going away daily as I remember what it's all about. The feel of an even rhythm, a solid railing turn or a firm stop is good again, was a bit sketchy on day 1.
    Geez, that feeling of a long, smooth set of turns really does a body good.
    And the brain, I'm noticing how much head game is involved with getting the game back on.
    Noticeable weakness in the one leg is slowly becoming less of a concern. Only been banging around on easy terrain, trying to keep from getting jolted too hard on the uneven hardpack.

Pretty warm here this AM. mid 30's in town with some not snow yet precip.
    Hopefully it hardens up here soon.

Warm and rainy on the West side, some heavy snow is likely what we need for the base and to flush out some of those sketchball layers.

Heal up Rideit! Let us know if ya need anything.

I remembered to stop by KJs on my grocery run today. They still had twofer vouchers for Targhee, got two. If anyone needs them, let me know. They do have restricted dates.

Which KJs, the one in IF I hit was out.

Sorry to hear about the knee Rideit. Post if you need anything.
    The pass hasn't yet been a shitshow of skiers which is surprising. The backside of Glory into Coal Creek has been skiing very well. Last lap up there this afternoon was very good. I'll be out for a dawn patrol lap one or two days this week if anyone wants to join.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Free Refills at the ghee this afternoon. Rolled in at 2:40 and was treated to 6-8" of creamy for the end of day with each lap better and better

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    The backside of Glory into Coal Creek has been skiing very well.
    Man I could use a few of those. Good mammaries from skiing back there.

Not much happening in the PNW still.

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Which KJs, the one in IF I hit was out.
    The one on Broadway & I15 exit across from Wally World. The kid manning the register said he had 15 left.