Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    So.......does Pine Creek fit into this thread?
    There's no skiing on Pine Creek...

Many of the motels, inns, B&Bs at Lava Hot Springs have a twofer deal for Pebble. A tour, a day of skiing and a soak. whats not to like?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0110.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	303651

Went to Togwotee, did Togwotee things. It's still mighty thin just about everywhere.

Roof shoveling and deck snow blowing available. Looks like something minimal will make its way in this week. Second home owners and willing to work with caretakers only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is February usually a safe bet for travelers? I'm looking to lock down a place to stay for a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    There's no skiing on Pine Creek...
    Pretty sure they have a lift

I think he is talking about Pine Creek Pass, where there really is no skiing to speak of.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

never skied at the pine creek ski area in cokeville but looks thin from the webcams.
    skid luxury

Oh yeah I forgot about the pass. I meant the ski area. Never been but I skied with some good skiers who learned there

My old bud Benny used to patrol down at Pine Creek on weekends.

That's a haul for a coupla shifts. He's an old cowboy state driver so no big deal, right? 2-3 hrs ain't shite.

Anyone from anywhere, may be an absolute ripper, eh?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    72 hrs until I'm back in the Hole; hung out at the POOL today, 72 degrees, a little knee therapy and toasting the bones prepping for a cold season.
    ~~~~~~~
    Yeah N1ck, February is usually the sweet spot. Constantly variable chances but regardless of seasonal shifts, it's arguably the safest bet. In a sport that is incredibly hard to nail it, unless you're following a storm.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enough with the work solicitation, please.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    is February usually a safe bet for travelers? I'm looking to lock down a place to stay for a week or so.
    Crowded, very unless the gods fail to deliver white stuff

Djongo
    Quite the turn in this tread
    Old pebble owner John would love to here it’s name out in this crowd.

Sfb is quoting the the DR.Sander on what the rock has to offer

Amazing place to watch my kids grow up

What blew my mind was Sander, BO and Tanner made a big deal when my 5 yr old walked up to the lift with her 1st set of Panda poles.

That is when I knew this place was special

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post

Name:	IMG_0110.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	303651

Went to Togwotee, did Togwotee things. It's still mighty thin just about everywhere.
    Man I need to get back down through the tater fields to togwotee! Had many a good times with some split kooks bitd running around French spy, two ocean, etc. Hope to make it down that way this winter been too long.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    never skied at the pine creek ski area in cokeville but looks thin from the webcams.
    I went to high school in Cokeville and spent my summers there on my parents ranch during my college years. It's got some decent terrain for a little local hill but that area just doesn't get the snowfall. Once you leave the south end of Star Valley within a few miles it gets noticeably drier until you get back into the northern Utah mountains. Kind of a low snow zone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dang I'm off today and was thinking of heading over to Targhee but it's only the bottom lift open- rats
    at least it's snowing decently now...come on bomb cyclone!
    skid luxury

My daughter will be 13 next season so I think it's about time to take her up to Jackson. I really want to get her some touring gear before we do though. I haven't been up to ski there since December of 2012. It would be really fun to show her around. I certainly won't be there to go huck off of rocks and such, those days are behind me. Heck, I wiped a few days ago and I could barely get in and out of a car yesterday because of my back pain!

I can't afford it this year but we are planning now for next year. This year I think we are going to go to Durango and Taos.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I see you found the Orgasmatron. I remember reading about Pebble Creek in Powder magazine or some publication like that years ago before I even moved to Idaho, back when Powder magazine had the segment on the last pages called "Little Ski Areas that Rock"
    My deceased buddy (ski_faster) grew up there and I remember him telling me that his grandfather was one of the original builders of that place, Joe distinctly remembers the cinder block lodge being built. Pretty cool. Man, I miss that guy.

Only one lift and one runClick image for larger version. 

Name:	108B2481-F27B-486B-B153-7169FDA0907C.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	502.3 KB 
ID:	303999 open at the Targhee opening day.
    Last edited by Mista_Bob; 11-27-2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Photo

well know when you come that we'll have some vouchers for you both to ski. bet we could even borrow some little lady touring skis for her to use too.
    hope the back feels better! these days for me it's the neck- ack. used to be apres all day now it's snap, crackle, pop all day lol

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    My daughter will be 13 next season so I think it's about time to take her up to Jackson. I really want to get her some touring gear before we do though. I haven't been up to ski there since December of 2012. It would be really fun to show her around. I certainly won't be there to go huck off of rocks and such, those days are behind me. Heck, I wiped a few days ago and I could barely get in and out of a car yesterday because of my back pain!

I can't afford it this year but we are planning now for next year. This year I think we are going to go to Durango and Taos.
    nice Mistabob getting after it making the trek!

who's going to be out for fresh AV powderoy tmrw? anyone/ everyone?
    skid luxury

nice Mistabob getting after it making the trek!

who's going to be out for fresh AV powderoy tmrw? anyone/ everyone?
    Busted out my skiboards for the first time. Crashed a bunch my first couple runs on those squirrely mothers. Never had so many high fives and fist bumps in the line or from lifties.

Name:	5C058479-6264-464D-8835-0FF995BE19BA.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	804.4 KB 
ID:	304040

well know when you come that we'll have some vouchers for you both to ski. bet we could even borrow some little lady touring skis for her to use too.
    hope the back feels better! these days for me it's the neck- ack. used to be apres all day now it's snap, crackle, pop all day lol
    Thanks b-bear, I really appreciate that. To be honest I can't afford to ski there so everything or anything helps. Regardless,I figured I need to bight the bullet and just get her there. I need to create memories with her and she's going to absolutely love the skiing! We are definitely committing to next season.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Bob View Post
    Busted out my skiboards for the first time. Crashed a bunch my first couple runs on those squirrely mothers. Never had so many high fives and fist bumps in the line or from lifties.

Name:	5C058479-6264-464D-8835-0FF995BE19BA.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	804.4 KB 
ID:	304040
    YES! Going full tilt I see!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

YES! Going full tilt I see!
    Yep! Just got them used for a steal. Match pretty well with skiboards and my K2 102 Shreditors.

quite the scene on turkey bowl today,stayed clear of that,waist deep in avie bowl.happy turkey day

Thanks b-bear, I really appreciate that. To be honest I can't afford to ski there so everything or anything helps. Regardless,I figured I need to bight the bullet and just get her there. I need to create memories with her and she's going to absolutely love the skiing! We are definitely committing to next season.
    Now see, this is genius. We like to hook up mags. But if you give us a year's heads up, we can make it unforgettable. You might MAKE some money, by the time it's all done...
    A lil' maggette will draw plenty of good vibes and Irie.

~~~~~~~~~~~```
    PH - there you are, sweeeeet. Post more sick pics like last years dead giveaway shot, ha!

Where's Lindenle? Holla my brotha...

See ya soon Baby Bear, will holla to you...Feeling a little unsteady, gonna need a safety blast.