Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elevens View Post
    I went w the RPK 108 w a Chen-Chen top sheet. My FFL & FGS are over 10 yrs old and I needed a ski that will be a bit more forgiving on my 50 yr old body.
    I saw 2 pair with the Chen chen topsheets, gorgeous with the dark waves. Very Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarloaftrees View Post
    Any caretakers or those connected to second home owners need any snow removal maintenance this upcoming season? Plowing, snowblowing and shoveling.
    I hope you get a shitton of work this winter. And the more it stacks, the higher the hourly$ goes. Crazy money when it loads the big valley roofs.

It's almost "stare at the webcam instead of working" season

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork 121.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	302419

Ha, nice

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    "stare at the webcam instead of working" season is here
    FIFY. Funny comic Cyd.

That's rich Cy.

Is Pebble Creek any good? Never been. I usually hit Targhee. Occasionally Kelly’s with the kids, Jackson Hole and Utah shiz here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

SkiJ - you been on my shortlist since you dropped off the cheeseballs at BBI18 Bozo. Come on down! Yessss, the fracture has healed. Stay strong. Bring LBL and it'll be a blast. Hopefully he'll chime in with stoke, and pics from Kelly canyon.
    All you want.

You will find me seasonally at the Kelly Canyon ticket office most days. Closed Sunday. If you find yourself there come find me ;-) .

Small hill. Worked there part time for +-20 years. Locally owned by people I know. None are friends but I have known them for years. I'm retired now, and want a season pass. The hill 10 miles away. What more could I ask for. If the snow is good, and it's not busy, I punch out for a while. Get 3 or 4 runs in. Next day repeat. Sunday? We try to go to Lost Trail Pass, by far and away my favorite place to snowboard.....so if you are going to be there on a Sunday, pm me.

Tate at LT

As any local around here can tell you, this November has been warm and mostly dry. T-shirt weather in the afternoons. We need a change in the weather pattern soon, or it will be another slow start to the season.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

Hey everyone, just bought my pass and I'm coming to town in a week or so, definitely looking for some shred buddies and a place to work, hmu y'all
    Last edited by shagadelicbaby; 11-21-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shagadelicbaby View Post
    Hey everyone, just bought my pass and I'm coming to town in a week or so, definitely looking for some shred buddies and a place to work, hmu y'all

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk
    Wow, curious, which pass did you buy? Ka-ching$$$$

Shitton of jobs to be had. Got a roof lined up?

where ya from, what's yer story?

What is the 2019-2020 shack scene like at JH, Targhee and Snow King? I may get down that way and was wondering if there are handy structures scattered around? Last season a a future !k*n holder was seen scouting the splendor of MT architecture.
    Name:  Hobbit Hole.jpg
Views: 3072
Size:  101.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    What is the 2019-2020 shack scene like at JH, Targhee and Snow King? I may get down that way and was wondering if there are handy structures scattered around? Last season a a future !k*n holder was seen scouting the splendor of MT architecture.
    Name:  Hobbit Hole.jpg
Views: 3072
Size:  101.3 KB
    Shack scene is well.... Kinda Schmoky.
    Ski in or else...

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Pebble Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Bob View Post
    Is Pebble Creek any good? Never been. I usually hit Targhee. Occasionally Kelly’s with the kids, Jackson Hole and Utah shiz here and there.
    Pokafellow native here, so I'll weigh in. You won't find worse snow quality in the rockies on a daily basis. But if it is snowing in the valley, the crowds are small and the steeps are steep. Go in a blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by norrin View Post
    Pokafellow native here, so I'll weigh in. You won't find worse snow quality in the rockies on a daily basis. But if it is snowing in the valley, the crowds are small and the steeps are steep. Go in a blizzard.
    Ha! I skied there once, had a blast, it wasn't snowing, but I think I know what you mean...but backside and lookers-right sidecountry looked promising but are those zones rarely good?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Bob View Post
    One of my best pow days was a Thursday in February at Pebble.

Something like a $25 half day ticket to ski knee deep untracked with about 50 other people for 4 hours.

Got off course and ended up skiing into a farmers field. Lots of snow that year and big hike for me that day.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Ha! I skied there once, had a blast, it wasn't snowing, but I think I know what you mean...but backside and lookers-right sidecountry looked promising but are those zones rarely good?
    I spent the decade of the 90's in Poky. Back then I didn't have a backcountry setup but we did do some climbing and skiing on Haystack peak in the spring (south of the ski area). There's some great terrain on the area. The backside into the actual Pebble Creek drainage is fantastic and has tons of options from mellow glades to steep bowls and chutes. The prime skiing is in the 7000-9000 elevation and so coverage is also great. If you want to get a good look at the "backside" of Pebble, you can see most of the terrain from the highway as you head out of Soda Springs towards Lava Hot Springs. Although I'm in Boise now, I'd be up for hitting Pebble and skinning up over the top and touring the backside sometime this winter if conditions and schedules lined up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskier View Post
    I spent the decade of the 90's in Poky. Back then I didn't have a backcountry setup but we did do some climbing and skiing on Haystack peak in the spring (south of the ski area). There's some great terrain on the area. The backside into the actual Pebble Creek drainage is fantastic and has tons of options from mellow glades to steep bowls and chutes. The prime skiing is in the 7000-9000 elevation and so coverage is also great. If you want to get a good look at the "backside" of Pebble, you can see most of the terrain from the highway as you head out of Soda Springs towards Lava Hot Springs. Although I'm in Boise now, I'd be up for hitting Pebble and skinning up over the top and touring the backside sometime this winter if conditions and schedules lined up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    SkiFishBum and his athlete scored an all time day at PC with a single lift bump to the BC last season. I forget which thread the pics ended up but they were phenomenal.

I imagine a TGR spring mini (or micro is that a thing?l) at Kelly Canyon followed by a soak at heise or sfork float would be all time
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    One of my best pow days was a Thursday in February at Pebble.

Something like a $25 half day ticket to ski knee deep untracked with about 50 other people for 4 hours.

Got off course and ended up skiing into a farmers field. Lots of snow that year and big hike for me that day.
    That sounds so rad! I usually hit up Kelly’s when I take the kids out skiing. Talk about gaper town. At least it makes me feel better about myself. I’ll have to take a trip to Pebble this year after a good snowfall. Check it out for shits and giggles. If they got steeps, that’s cool. At Kelly’s I usually have to ski off the backside to get any sort of steep, and only brief at that. Can always hit the park, I guess.

Targhee was supposed to open Friday and now it’s delayed! F’ed up my plans. Guess I’m going elk hunting.

Now there you go, lots of mini stoke for PC and KC already!

{Apparently no stoke for the King...}

And I think a Micro-summit is a killer idea.

Waaaaay back in my yout, (spring 97?) Me and 3 ski buds, floated a raft from Wilson bridge to just before the Elbow and camped riverside that evening.
    Next morning after brekkys, we floated, fished, and then pulled over to hike up a good 2500 vert pitch w/gear and skied down.
    Some solid class V scrambling (5.4/5.5) going up too...Awesome corn skiing down with adventure bushwacking and slivers of snow to straightline out.

Serious carnage potential. Pulled out at Sheep gulch and stopped at Rodeo Wall for a coupla 5.8/5.9 sporties to end it all.

We called it the climbfishfloatski. A memorable 24 hrs that was. Maybe we can manage something like that next spring.

PSA: BOGO vouchers (unfortunately with blackouts) for the Ghee at the Shell station on Broadway as long as you buy a Pepsi product. That is a way better deal than the 4 packs.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    PSA: BOGO vouchers (unfortunately with blackouts) for the Ghee at the Shell station on Broadway as long as you buy a Pepsi product. That is a way better deal than the 4 packs.
    KJ's gas in Idaho Falls and elsewhere has had the twofer too, call first for availability.
    Last edited by new yabyum; 11-21-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: spelling

This edit is legit. Can't get back to 22 fast enough.

https://youtu.be/6vA4BuJM3_g

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

That is some choice skiing for sure, SVS. February '19 was special.

Those Bogos, just buy a pepsi and ask for a 2fer voucher? how's that work?

Also, supporting the TVSEF w/$20, will get you a discount card: includes a2fer at the ghee; a JHMR daily for $92; and 20% off at the King for a day or night skiing ticket. Blackouts for GT and JHMR.

Talisman - I posted then deleted my sideways pics of some smokeshax. We have plenty and I will be glad to return the favor. Man I got blitzened with you, Harry and another the day before my kaputski.

Wow, curious, which pass did you buy? Ka-ching$$$$

Shitton of jobs to be had. Got a roof lined up?

where ya from, what's yer story?
    I'm coming from ashland in southern oregon

I decided to take a term off school and get some big mountain skiing in, and i was able to buy the college pass and save a lot of money that way

As far as housing goes my grandparents have a place off milward and im renting their studio, hyped on it, housing is hectic in town to say the least

Also i just bought my plane ticket, ill be up on the 29th, see y'all at the resort!

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

That is some choice skiing for sure, SVS. February '19 was special.

Those Bogos, just buy a pepsi and ask for a 2fer voucher? how's that work?

Also, supporting the TVSEF w/$20, will get you a discount card: includes a2fer at the ghee; a JHMR daily for $92; and 20% off at the King for a day or night skiing ticket. Blackouts for GT and JHMR.

Talisman - I posted then deleted my sideways pics of some smokeshax. We have plenty and I will be glad to return the favor. Man I got blitzened with you, Harry and another the day before my kaputski.
    Yup, buy a 20oz and just ask for the voucher. Score.
    Live Free or Die