Page 28 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Some shots:
    After coming up the gondy and hotboxing, this dude plops down his monoski. It was a real buzzkill. Then the little ripper and the sit skier behind/with him go scooting by. There, in my despair, the awesomeness of skiing shone through.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lovehate.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	312997

Hanging at RJ's, I noticed this lite hoar frost on some lashing. And the Ullr bottle by the skeleton...

Name:	ullr crystals.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	312999

Moar hoar out by the doar.

Name:	ullrcrystals2.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	313000
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 01-30-2020 at 12:41 AM. Reason: just began nukeage. Gonna be good first thing...

Is there a good adaptive program at Jackson or Targee? My wife can't ski with the hip cancer but still wants to go. Needs to be tethered with outriggers and the sitski.

yes Teton Adaptive sports is awesome. I know a bunch of folks that use the program.
    Discounted day tickets too
    https://tetonadaptivesports.com/

I believe they operate at both JH and Targhee
    skid luxury

I'll be heading to the village tomorrow morning for the weekend. Excited to finally get out! Road closures during the wind events and work have kept me away.

Looking at the Sunday/Monday forecasting this next one may keep your there. Country Club?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Some shots:
    After coming up the gondy and hotboxing, this dude plops down his monoski. It was a real buzzkill. Then the little ripper and the sit skier behind/with him go scooting by. There, in my despair, the awesomeness of skiing shone through.

Name:	lovehate.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	312997

Hanging at RJ's, I noticed this lite hoar frost on some lashing. And the Ullr bottle by the skeleton...
    H]
    The mono ski is rockin the right coat
    The sitski always rocks
    And little dudes get mad high fives

But damn, RJ

Brings back memories.
    1) living in his hut overnight
    2) wearing Harley Davidson goggles over sunglasses
    3) scarfing free food at Casper

Take a saltine. Top with relish and cholula hot sauce. It’s not bad

Djongo I know I know you from the tram. Let’s make some turns late feb.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Looking at the Sunday/Monday forecasting this next one may keep your there. Country Club?
    No, north of IF. Oh well, being stuck wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Such a good day today. Couple inches on the report...ok so many deep pow pockets. In a happy place.

Will be rolling into town Sunday evening. Skiing at least Mon-Wed, maybe longer depending on snow. If anyone wants to meet up for turns/show some first timers to Jackson around, let me know!

Rolling in tomorrow for 2 days!?!? Psyched! Won't be like my bomber run from SLC last Feb, but still psyched!

Plan is to tour in the park on Saturday and then ski the Village on Sunday.

Ask for Change if ya see a orange/red Marmot, black helmet w/ AK Rendesvous and St. Anton stickers and Qlab's.

What's the story on the persnickety deep layer? Is it stubborn enough to make granite reasonably good to go? Still miss the days of the closed boundaries when we could get granite a week after the storm!?!?

Always love a return to the Tetons!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    What's the story on the persnickety deep layer? Is it stubborn enough to make granite reasonably good to go? Still miss the days of the closed boundaries when we could get granite a week after the storm!?!?
    Yea those days are loooong gone. Granite has been hammered recently.

The bridge on the DPS can be "trusted" in some places but not quite everywhere yet. Last big slide on any sort of basal facets was a long time ago, some semi-recent big activity (2 weeks) failed on stuff further up in the snowpack. We just had a decent test the last few days with 1"+ SWE and WARM temps with solar action and didn't see anything big go. Lots of test dummies out there as well...

These things are your friend:

http://jhavalanche.org/summaries.php
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Been on the rehab for unconfirmed meniscus, seeing some improvement. Got out Wednesday morning first time in 3D and it held up. Great morning! Will be around Saturday for sure, taking it easy
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Rolling in tomorrow for 2 days!?!? Psyched! Won't be like my bomber run from SLC last Feb, but still psyched!

Plan is to tour in the park on Saturday and then ski the Village on Sunday.

Ask for Change if ya see a orange/red Marmot, black helmet w/ AK Rendesvous and St. Anton stickers and Qlab's.

Always love a return to the Tetons!
    http://jhavalanche.org/viewDiscussions.php
    "In just a few weeks, the snowpack changed from generally unstable to generally stable. This creates a challenge in not being tricked by the stable snowpack"
    yay more tools for your toolbox

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Been on the rehab for unconfirmed meniscus, seeing some improvement. Got out Wednesday morning first time in 3D and it held up. Great morning! Will be around Saturday for sure, taking it easy
    Wife is nursing a confirmed meniscus, still skiing , but taking it easy. You do the same. Last night I dreamt of trout, what does it mean.

^^. That means it’s time to go fishin’.

Koko - maybe we should bump down Casper a couple times Saturday

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Had a good dawn patrol at the pass with phall. In town now working this afternoon, but stoked on the village the next 2 days!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Did I loan any of you goofers my spare skins in Coal Creek this morning? Thanks for the wine!

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post

Koko - maybe we should bump down Casper a couple times Saturday

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Sounds good man
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Did I loan any of you goofers my spare skins in Coal Creek this morning? Thanks for the wine!

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    Way to bank the karma points, HMS!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

[QUOTE=schwerty;5880439]^^. That means it’s time to go fishin’.

Koko - maybe we should bump down Casper a couple times Saturday ]

saturday is gonna be a midge feeding frenzy from 11:00-3:00 for sure and probably a bit earlier and later depending on temps and clouds. important to know a good winter pool besides the obvious one that will be crowded. you defective injured gents should use your injuries as an excuse to dip out early and save that meniscus for the potential powder train next week.

[QUOTE=LesterSmoove;5880824]
    Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post

Koko - maybe we should bump down Casper a couple times Saturday ]

saturday is gonna be a midge feeding frenzy from 11:00-3:00 for sure and probably a bit earlier and later depending on temps and clouds. important to know a good winter pool besides the obvious one that will be crowded. you defective injured gents should use your injuries as an excuse to dip out early and save that meniscus for the potential powder train next week.
    I liked the way you think, I'm to keep my eye on you. Built in ice pack too

Fun day today! Met up with Django and SirVic for a couple laps on Casper until I had to meet up with a friend. We will back tomorrow and Sunday..
    Django, thought I saw you headed up the tram around 2, but didn’t see you in the line. Bowl was pretty nice despite the viz.

Well, everybody, I’m down in your corner of the west for Saturday and Sunday at the Ghee. Older G3s, orange FKS, and orange Cochise boots. If any of you ever venture east of the pass and see me over here, by all means ask for change.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

What a freaky-deaky day. Skied many laps with SVS.

Started out with a heated discussion then was asked for change for a nickel.

Awesome to meet you- the PA Rain Man and the New Mexican Tomcat and the marathon Man and the Boss and the Silent partner. What an excellent first gondy of the day.

A coupla quick casper laps treated us to some great conversation with this 93 year old skier dude. Said he started in 1937. He was funny and we waited just to talk with him again. Cool for cats, that guy.

- I thought I'd ask the nice lady how she liked her FRS jacket and she praised it highly. Then, kinda under her breath, she asks, are you guys tgrz?
    We laughed and 2BJenny introduced herself. Meeting mags left and right. We enjoyed a few nice groomies and had to split. More turns next time, Pleased to meetcha!

After a redbox and some joe and a waffle at the top we skied a surprisingly nice lower RS just to visit some memories...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    We'll shoot for connecting at Casper tomorrow at 11, +/- 15 minutes as usual. Inside by the fire if it's not too hijacked.

Saturday meetup is kinda maybe, swing by. Sunday is more a highly likely meetup. Also at 11.
    Meet new mags, chew the fat, make a plan, take a lap. Don't need to be coy, Roy, just get yourself free.
    Visiting mags encouraged to say hey. Holla bitchezzz.

See ya’ll Sunday for sure. Blue jacket, blue cochise’s and a hop turtle on the front of my helmet, village with friends tomorrow and sun.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"