Page 26 of 89 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Got me some wine and some hottub beers. Small consolation I guess.
    When they changed up the meat counter and made it all prepacked I mostly stopped going in. The tuna steaks for ~$7/lb and their sausages were always in my rotation. Only been in for booze and a few other random things in the last couple months.

It will be interesting to see what fills that space as well as KMart. Some large retail spaces on the market all at the same time.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

It was a really fun day of skiing today. Really nice.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    When they changed up the meat counter and made it all prepacked I mostly stopped going in. The tuna steaks for ~$7/lb and their sausages were always in my rotation. Only been in for booze and a few other random things in the last couple months.

It will be interesting to see what fills that space as well as KMart. Some large retail spaces on the market all at the same time.
    And the Virginian is on the market for a small $60 mil investment, if anyone is looking for a side business.

And Prugh says he had 20 interested, qualified parties approach him on the first day.
    It’s gonna be a Wal-Mart, I just know it!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Dr Huckinstuff suffered some pretty horrendous injuries in S&S yesterday. I heard there was an ongoing rope rescue and then the extent of the injuries and my heart sank. Jeff could use some help, or at least positive vibes. Sounds like a long road to walk again, let alone ski. https://www.gofundme.com/f/jeff-lege...ource=facebook
    Donated and bumped for good karma. Stay safe my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Donated and bumped for good karma. Stay safe my friends.
    DITTO..https://www.gofundme.com/f/jeff-lege...uff-needs-help
    try to bring this thread some trivia since the skiing is marginal.
    can you find wadlo and what ridge is he on and how many fools have tried this for turns ?
    Name:  halvey.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  73.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    DITTO..https://www.gofundme.com/f/jeff-lege...uff-needs-help
    try to bring this thread some trivia since the skiing is marginal.
    can you find wadlo and what ridge is he on and how many fools have tried this for turns ?
    Name:  halvey.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  73.7 KB

Passhole you think the skiing is marginal right now? Hunh. Great bouncy graupel riding in the park today, but everybody and their brother was out there. Rain in town does dampen (haha) the enthusiasm however.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Passhole you think the skiing is marginal right now? Hunh. Great bouncy graupel riding in the park today, but everybody and their brother was out there. Rain in town does dampen (haha) the enthusiasm however.
    i heard it was just ok, been out of town. plus the weather stations showing 3 repeat warm ups had me thinking crusts here, stiff there, north is the only thing worth getting into me thinks. btw that pic above is a tram to pyramid jaunt, not recommended.

So like passholer, I was fairly certain that it was gonna be a bit crunchy under the little bit of powder from last night, but I'm a glutton for punishment so I hit the Hobacks this morning anyway. To my surprise it was mostly soft under the few inches of wind buff powder. I'll be out again in the morning if any mags want to make a few turns with me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Little illustrated TR from last week's wander.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork 199.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	312525

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Little illustrated TR from last week's wander.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork 199.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	312525
    Rad Cy!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Jtran and I will be in town Friday-Monday with a crew, staying on Moose-Wilson Rd. Village Saturday/Sunday. Pass Friday AM/Monday AM. Would love to meet up for some turns Sat/Sun with some mags.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

the Sliver is 50 degrees?
    bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    the Sliver is 50 degrees?
    bullshit
    I have no idea, and am not a slope angle whore. The Smileys say the top few turns are around 50, and because of that my partner and I were making gaper jokes about how important the slope angle is all the way up, as we swore at crotch deep snow. "dude, is it 50 yet!?!" "Nah, only 49.5, we're still good!"

Anyone know a guide in the area named dan? Not sure what guiding group he works for but I was not stoked on an interaction with him yesterday.

His group ski’d down on my group in son of apacolypse, super low viz yesterday so I don’t blame him for that since I’m sure we weren’t within sight. BUT they’re group dropped a big chunk of snow down on us that ended up moving very fast and while we were hiding in safe spots inside a couloir he skied down on us, was totally not apologetic, passed us, and then down climbed through the crux that was totally skiable, him and three two friends totally hacked up the crux move with their un needed boot packing, made it very annoying to ski after them, especially after voicing that we would prefer to ski through the cruz and he just dropped in anyway.

Overall not impressed by someone who’s supposed to be a safe backcountry advocate.

Cy - excellent illustrations, very cool. Way better than the crappy cartoons in the JH NaG by stolp.

MRF - Exum MGs...

Jtran and Phall - Gotcha covered on vouchers, ski ya soon. pm me some digis and I'll get witcha.

SirVicSmasher arrives for a week of skiing this weekend. Trying to get shite dialed. Beartooth says he's excited to ski witcha too.

Eagleskier - you gonna be around this weekend? Gonna txt ya in the am for turns tomorry.

Maybe we should have a shindig this weekend?, Who's free?
    Koko, Swerve, Schwerty, all you mags behind the Spud Curtain?

Figured it out, Dan Corn. Not impressed.

DJ - I’m around. Skiing, (slowly), groomers or meadow skipping pass. Happy to have a meet up!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    DJ - I’m around. Skiing, (slowly), groomers or meadow skipping pass. Happy to have a meet up!
    Nice!!! did either of the braces work out? Been wondering and hoping one might help.

~~~~~~~~~~
    MRF - maybe drop 'em a line and give some input that would help in the future. Not much riles one up like a ton o' snow coming down and then a lame attitude. Nat P. is a friend and a principle there, he's an ace and would be a good one to relate this to.

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

skiings been good over the weekend- even despite the visibility
    although I imagine a bit crunchy today

Phall- holler. I think you have our #'s & andrew is off this weekend so we'll be oot and aboot skiing

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    babybear is chopped liver?
    around for whatever meet ups materialize and have found 2 new shacks in the past couple wks too. back on the safety team too. turns out I might just be allergic to my dogs...
    Last edited by babybear; 01-28-2020 at 09:15 AM.
    skid luxury

Hola, meatheads, glad you are having a great season!
    Update time for any of you interested.
    9 days out, and I am back on a bike, walking without crutches, and I am going to run the snowblower tomorrow.
    I find this absolutely astounding, like the Lois C.K. Bit on airplanes.
    Hope to see you all out and about!
    Goetz did an AMAZING job (with the help of lasers and robots, of course).
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Cy - excellent illustrations, very cool. Way better than the crappy cartoons in the JH NaG by stolp.

MRF - Exum MGs...

Jtran and Phall - Gotcha covered on vouchers, ski ya soon. pm me some digis and I'll get witcha.

SirVicSmasher arrives for a week of skiing this weekend. Trying to get shite dialed. Beartooth says he's excited to ski witcha too.

Eagleskier - you gonna be around this weekend? Gonna txt ya in the am for turns tomorry.

Hey DJ, I guess I was kinda stealth this weekend. I did stop by Casper lodge on Saturday and Sunday around 11ish but didn't see anyone I recognized. I did run into lindenle on Sunday and we did a Rock Springs lap. It was well worth it! Today was nice and then I had to head out after lunch. I'll be back over there on the weekend after Presidents Day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DJ/BB looking forward to it. PM sent DJ. While I've skiied up there quite a bit, Jtran and I would love a locals tour inbounds/RS/4pines. We'll have gear, thinking Sunday AM.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"