Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    ^^too foggy. OVERRATED

All I can say is, you cant beat a $99 season pass...But yes its still the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Mt Bohemia is overrated.

There’s now almost nonstop hype about how it’s THE THIRD BEST RATED SKI AREA IN THE COUNTRY!!!! And, though I love it, and though it’s by far the best in the midwest, the straight-faced comparisons with Alta and Silverton and Japow need to stop. It’s like a player who hit .310 in Single A ball going around telling everyone he’s a mlb hall of famer. No dude, .310 is awesome...but 310 in A ball doesn’t make you Ted Williams.

Whenever I say this I get huge backlash, like it’s not good enough for these people to just have a pretty good little ski hill, you have to worship them.
    I’m sorry, but 250” and a season skiing bony moguls with a 30” base in super tight trees from late December to March is not comparable with the top tier of good skiing in this continent. It’s just not.

I’ll say this: when pro skiers start moving here instead of Jackson, Tahoe, SLC, Colorado, Seattle, I’ll revise my stance. They come here and are shocked this exists in Michigan, because it’s shocking...but the 3rd best in the country it’s not.

The soup at Silver was a disappointing minestrone. Way to thick and salty.

Went with the chili instead and was equally disappointed with the results. Salty and way to thick.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D33B560D-0B5A-4DDE-B2AB-CBAFEC6376B4.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	625.8 KB 
ID:	312896

burger was alright... but burger and chili ain’t soup.

I declare this soup overrated.

however the skiing was mediocre....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20612D5E-F68B-4C4D-B409-8D52195A09CE.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	384.9 KB 
ID:	312897

so basically a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I like most places...but there are places I’m not in any rush to return to.....

UT- Deer Valley
    CO- Beaver Creek
    CA- Northstar
    VT- Mount Snow
    NY- Windham
    Whindam was one of the worst resorts I ever skied

Mt Snow...maybe Top of the List- if its not fresh , the snow is like concrete..
    lowest wind chill I ever encountered -35 degrees.. felt like my teeth were freezing.

Deer Valley/?? not any 1k foot powder slopes, but an amazing group of trails with some decent steeps around. I had a blast there.

People rag on the Canyons too... there are some seriously fun tree runs between those groomers
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Whindam was one of the worst resorts I ever skied

Mt Snow...maybe Top of the List- if its not fresh , the snow is like concrete..
    lowest wind chill I ever encountered -35 degrees.. felt like my teeth were freezing.

Deer Valley/?? not any 1k foot powder slopes, but an amazing group of trails with some decent steeps around. I had a blast there.

People rag on the Canyons too... there are some seriously fun tree runs between those groomers

ok.... but how was the fuckin’ soup?

[QUOTE=BC.;5802434]I like most places...but there are places I’m not in any rush to return to.....

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Whitewater has the best ski hill food.

try Heavenly, mid mountain open deck on a sunny day.. some real good burgers!!!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    ok.... but how was the fuckin’ soup?

well..the best soup I saw ,was at Killington..my buddy pole planted by the inside ski by accident & wacked himself in the face ; was spitting tomato soup ..it was pretty thick but not to salty

The summit lodge at Big Mtn used to have real good food, but as we grew up we saw a notable decline in the quality. I wasn't wise in the ways of soup then, so I can't comment on that metric of quality.

But I can say that they used to have the dopest curly fries up there, and a couple bucks would get a mountain of them. Time goes on, and the portion sizes get smaller and smaller. They buy lesser quality brands too, and lo and behold- less curls in my fucking fries.

Fast forward to today, and 'Whitefish' is probably the most overrated resort in the state. At least they still got the hellroaring saloon and their bowls of chili.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mt Bohemia is overrated.

There’s now almost nonstop hype about how it’s THE THIRD BEST RATED SKI AREA IN THE COUNTRY!!!! And, though I love it, and though it’s by far the best in the midwest, the straight-faced comparisons with Alta and Silverton and Japow need to stop. It’s like a player who hit .310 in Single A ball going around telling everyone he’s a mlb hall of famer. No dude, .310 is awesome...but 310 in A ball doesn’t make you Ted Williams.

Whenever I say this I get huge backlash, like it’s not good enough for these people to just have a pretty good little ski hill, you have to worship them.
    I’m sorry, but 250” and a season skiing bony moguls with a 30” base in super tight trees from late December to March is not comparable with the top tier of good skiing in this continent. It’s just not.

I’ll say this: when pro skiers start moving here instead of Jackson, Tahoe, SLC, Colorado, Seattle, I’ll revise my stance. They come here and are shocked this exists in Michigan, because it’s shocking...but the 3rd best in the country it’s not.
    ok boomer
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Pebble Creek has the best fries in the business. If you know, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Pebble Creek has the best fries in the business. If you know, you know.
    Yes. Small lodge. Packed (weekends). Keeps you skiing. Priorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    ok boomer
    Name:  p9lhelvsiix31.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  46.7 KB

And I’m 42 years old ffs!

Barely even Gen X, millennials are so clueless.

I like most places...but there are places I’m not in any rush to return to.....

UT- Deer Valley
    CO- Beaver Creek
    CA- Northstar
    VT- Mount Snow
    NY- Windham
    I am not sure how Beaver Creek makes this list. Wonderful terrain and generally good snow. Maybe you didn't understand where to ski?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

OK Xenial.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I am not sure how Beaver Creek makes this list. Wonderful terrain and generally good snow. Maybe you didn't understand where to ski?
    It was probably the fresh chocolate chip cookies that turned him off.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It was probably the fresh chocolate chip cookies that turned him off.

And escalators.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    I pretty much agree with that statement.
    I'd consider Snowbasin amongst the best in the lower 48.
    Working for Spartan Race, we built a course there back in July. The mountain staff catered several meals for us. I can definitely agree it is amazing food. The head chef at Snowbasin makes brussel sprouts you'd fight over. No joke

I remember Windham being nice back in the Oughts. What changed?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I disagree about Deer Valley, but agree about Beaver Creek. Seems BC was some secret Mecca 25 years ago where you could avoid the lines after a big dump. I've ridden some big days there but felt it got schralped as fast as any small ski area. Maybe I never found the goods, but if memory serves it ain't that big and I looked in all the corners. It is fun watching the jerries navigate the last pitch of the Birds of Prey course after they've hosed it down for two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    ...brussel sprouts you'd fight over...
    Is this the "phrases that have never been used in all of human history" thread or maybe the "words strung together that make no sense when read in that order" thread?
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Is this the "phrases that have never been used in all of human history" thread or maybe the "words strung together that make no sense when read in that order" thread?
    I was with you, but have you tried them roasted? Totally different animal than the old boiled golf balls we grew up on...

Seriously. Having them tonight.

I never thought Windham was anything horrible or great, but it provides a good product and they get skier traffic. I had fun.... once. I'll never ski there again, tho, but if I happen to be going that direction, Plattekill is on the hit list.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Overrated ski areas

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Didn’t say I hated it.... have a friend who works there...just said not in a rush to return.....

I was with my young kids, so yes, wasn’t in the terrain you are probably mentioning....If I was skiing with my buddy then my opinion might/probably be different. The DV/BC crowd is a bit much...so that’s probably skewed my opinion of the mountain.

<snip> The DV/BC crowd is a bit much...so that’s probably skewed my opinion of the mountain.
    So it *WAS* the cookies & escalators.

If you have a problem with someone handing you chocolate chip cookies, you have no soul.