Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Just glad to see all the rad places I ski not mentioned. You get it too.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I fucking hate soup. People think soup is a meal. SOUP IS NOT A MEAL. Soup is a damn appetizer. Soup as a meal is a recipe for slowly starving to death. My wife used to make soup for dinner and she couldn't figure out why I was starving 45 minutes later. It's all fucking water! What the hell's the point? I mean, it can taste good, but soup is an affront to caloric intake. Whoever decided soup was a meal should be slapped.

Also, soup isn't American. Soup didn't originate here. Soup came from all those other countries. Our founding fathers came to America for religious freedom and to escape the tyranny of soup. There is no fucking soup served on Thanksgiving or the Fourth of July for a damn reason.

Fuck soup.
    You gotta lot of nerve pal....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Jackson groomers are way overrated, and packed with rich people from New York and their asshole kids taking ski lessons.... the backcountry laps are amazing and I will always treasure my times there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Oh man, I’m of the opinion the ski owl is the best hill in Oregon. If only it was a little higher.

Management and altitude are it's downfall. Love the history if it, and Yumper

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've had good luck with snow and weather the two times I've been to WB but I have to say that the waffles at Crystal hut are highly overrated. Just throwing a lot of stuff on a waffle doesn't make it good. IMO only a Liege style Belgian waffle is worth going out of my way for. Sugarbowl and Squaw both have Eurosnack kiosks with Liege waffles although they could use some powdered sugar.
    Depends how you rate. My wife loved stopping at Crystal Hut and getting a waffle. For what ever reason. But I was assured an hour of solo free skiing every day on Blackcomb. She would head off to the hut and I’d play around in the alpine, hitting lines she did not want to touch, for a hour before heading down the road to meet her as she exited that steamy cabin. It did exactly as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The guy was renowned for having a scratchy temperament with co-workers, managers and general public. When it was found he was manning the steam table "glocked-up" he was let go.
    One of the more sage pieces of advice I ever got was from a Marshal in Alta: "if your lifestyle choices require discretion, then be discrete about them."

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    One of the more sage pieces of advice I ever got was from a Marshal in Alta: "if your lifestyle choices require discretion, then be discrete about them."
    Max?

Park City

Lhotse

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Lhotse
    Actually I don't think it's fun to ski there.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post

but it has a 700m couloier
    which ski?
    RAX RX

49 degree north mystery soup... tomato based with veggies, beans and pasta. salty and artificially thick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7DD776FF-608F-438A-8AEA-176680E6B554.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	654.7 KB 
ID:	312425

@$7 per cup - this soup is overrated.

49%N food aint even close to when Frank ran it for the last few years, but they're certainly saving money; the new E.C. likes her minimalist menu salty, strait outta the #10 can,(the salad bar's at least fresh) Next time bring cuppa ramen and buy an extra beer for $7, you'll feel better.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post

hes a fan of siege tactics

I like JH, but the waffles at the top of the tram are way overrated.

Whitewater has the best ski hill food.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Whitewater has the best ski hill food.
    I pretty much agree with that statement.
    I'd consider Snowbasin amongst the best in the lower 48.

Mt Bohemia is overrated.

There’s now almost nonstop hype about how it’s THE THIRD BEST RATED SKI AREA IN THE COUNTRY!!!! And, though I love it, and though it’s by far the best in the midwest, the straight-faced comparisons with Alta and Silverton and Japow need to stop. It’s like a player who hit .310 in Single A ball going around telling everyone he’s a mlb hall of famer. No dude, .310 is awesome...but 310 in A ball doesn’t make you Ted Williams.

Whenever I say this I get huge backlash, like it’s not good enough for these people to just have a pretty good little ski hill, you have to worship them.
    I’m sorry, but 250” and a season skiing bony moguls with a 30” base in super tight trees from late December to March is not comparable with the top tier of good skiing in this continent. It’s just not.

I’ll say this: when pro skiers start moving here instead of Jackson, Tahoe, SLC, Colorado, Seattle, I’ll revise my stance. They come here and are shocked this exists in Michigan, because it’s shocking...but the 3rd best in the country it’s not.

I heard they have triple black diamonds

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Mt Bohemia is overrated.

There’s now almost nonstop hype about how it’s THE THIRD BEST RATED SKI AREA IN THE COUNTRY!!!! And, though I love it, and though it’s by far the best in the midwest, the straight-faced comparisons with Alta and Silverton and Japow need to stop. It’s like a player who hit .310 in Single A ball going around telling everyone he’s a mlb hall of famer. No dude, .310 is awesome...but 310 in A ball doesn’t make you Ted Williams.

Whenever I say this I get huge backlash, like it’s not good enough for these people to just have a pretty good little ski hill, you have to worship them.
    I’m sorry, but 250” and a season skiing bony moguls with a 30” base in super tight trees from late December to March is not comparable with the top tier of good skiing in this continent. It’s just not.

I’ll say this: when pro skiers start moving here instead of Jackson, Tahoe, SLC, Colorado, Seattle, I’ll revise my stance. They come here and are shocked this exists in Michigan, because it’s shocking...but the 3rd best in the country it’s not.
    I heard Chris Davenport is leaving Aspen for Mt Bohemia.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Mt Bohemia is overrated.

Is their soup more or less salty than yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I like most places...but there are places I’m not in any rush to return to.....

UT- Deer Valley
    CO- Beaver Creek
    CA- Northstar
    VT- Mount Snow
    NY- Windham

mount snow & windham are just terrible. that's all.
    I ski the east.

Quote Originally Posted by hbfs View Post
    Park City
    agreed
    I ski the east.

Silver Mountain chicken and rice soup...and “small” onion rings. Blonde ale.

Name:	B7187F98-E1CB-48E0-95A6-06FAE5AEF539.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	582.2 KB 
ID:	312730

the soups was nice and creamy. not overly salty or artificially thick.

this soups gets 👍👍. not overrated, in my opinion.

slopes were adequate... approaching mediocre.

Name:	BDEE49A0-B626-45AD-BBA8-009D38C9BF78.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	427.2 KB 
ID:	312733