Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Even more so than selling 4.0/5.0 beer at the grocery store, tap beer in UT. will exceed 3.2/4.0 for the first time ever.
    So you will still only be able to get max 5% ABV beer in bars & restaurants? Too bad.

The other crazy law is that you can't bring alcoholic beverages into the state (think all that beer on your raft trailer)- I wonder if this is ever enforced?

^^^^Just on tap. Depending upon the liquor license, restaurants can sell whatever they want.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    The other crazy law is that you can't bring alcoholic beverages into the state (think all that beer on your raft trailer)- I wonder if this is ever enforced?
    Staking out the liquor stores in Evanston and busting people as they crossed back across the state line used to be a regular thing. They probably still do it, but you don't seem to hear about it as much lately. A truly worthwhile use of UHP's resources.

meh, I think most states have restrictions on bringing alcohol into the state which is as much about protecting the tax revenue stream as anything else. google tells me Colorado will allow you to import any quantity for personal use but you owe the state excise tax on anything over 4L (just slightly less than a 12 pack of beer). given the state excise tax is negligible on beer ($.08/gallon), I really don't think anyone gives a fuck, but they do have the proper PDF form for you to fill out if you feel the need.

utah was unique in the modern era of giving a fuck. Virginia had done that back in the 80s with people crossing from DC, but even those dumb hicks stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    stay in character bitch
    haha. nice catch before the delete button got hit.

You can always say that you are passing through Utah. They can't prevent you from taking your stash to another state.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    meh, I think most states have restrictions on bringing alcohol into the state which is as much about protecting the tax revenue stream as anything else. google tells me Colorado will allow you to import any quantity for personal use but you owe the state excise tax on anything over 4L (just slightly less than a 12 pack of beer). given the state excise tax is negligible on beer ($.08/gallon), I really don't think anyone gives a fuck, but they do have the proper PDF form for you to fill out if you feel the need.

utah was unique in the modern era of giving a fuck. Virginia had done that back in the 80s with people crossing from DC, but even those dumb hicks stopped.
    You can't ship alcohol to Utah, they make it a felony. So yeah it's about collecting taxes but Utah gives strong hints it's much more about that. And on the third hand, there are much more restrictive parts of the country when it comes to alcohol. And tele, you can bring in alcohol from other states to Utah but in limited quantities.

I remember bringing a keg to UT from MT in the 90s and watching all these older (than me) college kids not know how to use a tap, it was hilarious.

My wife is interviewing at USU in Logan today. Apparently every single person she meets with mentions this to her. There is apparently a lot of excitement.

not sure how long it will last but the prices on 30 racks are still the same for Banquet Beers and Bud Heavies as before the rule change. also, the grocery stores are now doing the "build your own sixpack" thing with all the <5% beers they are carrying now that the liquor stores won't.

Shop at the supremarket next to Moab Brewery and afterwards pick up some FMU

157 IBU's and 9.6%
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I'm just glad to report I can buy Founder's All Day IPA 15 packs for under $20! You know, like the rest of the world.

Ha! New name for Session IPA: UPA

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Ha! New name for Session IPA: UPA
    Utah has made me soft. I feel like all I drink anymore are session IPAs.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

Illinois used to grab people buying cigarettes in Indiana. UHP stopped an acquaintance from CA last summer for speeding, in the back seat he had four bottles of wine. Trooper asked him about it and told him about it being illegal to bring alcohol into Utah. Gave him the speeding ticket did nothing about the wine.

This is actually a revenue generator. Think about the new lower BAC for DUI's coupled with the disproportionate number of lightweights in Utah, equals revenue to support the court system, lawyers and po-po.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

ROFL!
    Pure gold
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I'm just glad to report I can buy Founder's All Day IPA 15 packs for under $20! You know, like the rest of the world.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...it/4119563002/

I can’t believe this kind of stupid shit still goes on in the workplace today. The employer never fucking wins this shit. Why in the world would you put up with it and let it get to the point of a fucking lawsuit.

Do I have to boycott everything? I fucking hate people.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    You can't ship alcohol to Utah, they make it a felony. So yeah it's about collecting taxes but Utah gives strong hints it's much more about that. And on the third hand, there are much more restrictive parts of the country when it comes to alcohol. And tele, you can bring in alcohol from other states to Utah but in limited quantities.

I remember bringing a keg to UT from MT in the 90s and watching all these older (than me) college kids not know how to use a tap, it was hilarious.
    A felony!! Wtf. Utardia!

I've heard Moab police used to bust drivers with CO plates hoping to find a cooler full of illegal out of state beer on board

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I've heard Moab police used to bust drivers with CO plates hoping to find a cooler full of illegal out of state beer on board
    Yup. Got even worse once CO legalized weed. I used to drive back and forth between the Western Slope and SLC pretty regularly and it became pretty common to see a car with CO plates pulled over in Price or Helper being searched. Got rid of my CO plates pretty quick once I moved here.