Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Campbell View Post
    Intuitions necessary even with new boots/liners?
    I'd try the stock ones first IMHO. I don't know what the liners are that come with the boots you got, but they're not all terrible... with the exception of Dynafit's liners, which seem to be universally crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I don't know how big a schlep Grand Rapids is for you, but it sounds like your boot fitter didn't know what they were doing and they owe you new boots for free or at least at a heavy discount depending on what your feedback to the fitter was. Seriously.
    And in my personal experience, a lot of companies are way too proud of their liners. Ultralon foam is amazing shit and the wrap style can really lock down your heel and as an added bonus make the boot a little easier to get on and off.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I don't know how big a schlep Grand Rapids is for you, but it sounds like your boot fitter didn't know what they were doing and they owe you new boots for free or at least at a heavy discount depending on what your feedback to the fitter was. Seriously.
    And in my personal experience, a lot of companies are way too proud of their liners. Ultralon foam is amazing shit and the wrap style can really lock down your foot and as an added bonus make the boot a little easier to get on and off.
    They did give me new boots for free and fired last years fitter and brought in a legit guy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Like throwing a hot dog down a hallway, amirite??
    That is just fucking funny right there. Dad asked me what I was laughing at...chose not to explain that one.

Not necessarily.

Many higher end boots have excellent liners methinks. If they feel great to start then run with that.
    Adding intuitions is generally a step up, but that's a subjective opinion. For me, The fit is about as good as I'm gonna get. I def prefer a wrap vs. tongue.
    I don't care for a race fit. Discomfort lowers my performance level so snug, warm liners, and buckles not over cranked is my standard goal.

I can't use anything but a pwrwrap in a ski boot so i have accumulated 4 pair but YMMV
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

They did give me new boots for free and fired last years fitter and brought in a legit guy this year.
    Wow, that's aggressive.
    Hope it works out for you. For everyone, really.
    No longer stuck.

Wow, that's aggressive.
    Hope it works out for you. For everyone, really.
    They didn’t fire him because of me, they had already fired him late last winter.

The fact that they didn't just educate him means it was for some other herpa derpness.
    No longer stuck.

I talked to them today some more about it and they didn’t fire him for lack of knowledge, I guess it was for some other stuff. Either way I’m happy, just picked up my 2020 Cochise 120 and they are snug/tight but there is no slop and I’m sure they won’t be too big one broken in. Ski shops in Michigan are tough because there’s not much emphasis on boot fitting at all cuz most people just want comfort, so moosejaw being a legit high end ski shop has some things to overcome but you can’t knock the service or selection of what they offer. I’m happy with the outcome and will continue to shop there going forward.