Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Neither biking or golfing are winter sports, hang that shit up when it gets dark by 5:30.

And adjusting 10 clocks? What?! Are you writing from 1955? The only clock I have to change is the one in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Neither biking or golfing are winter sports, hang that shit up when it gets dark by 5:30.

And adjusting 10 clocks? What?! Are you writing from 1955? The only clock I have to change is the one in my car.
    You don't have an oven, microwave, alarm clock, or coffee pot?

Here's a weird one for DST adjustments: why is it that my Samsung "smart" TV can pull down OTA broadcast schedules from the internet (ie it can figure out where I am and what time it is), but can't adjust itself to standard time or DST?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I am ok with dark in the morning, I'm for DST year round, but if that's not an option, you damn well better give me DST in the summer months.
    Exactly. What I don't understand is the argument to go Standard Time year round when DST is in place for about 8 months out of the year already. In either summer or winter, I get up in the morning, do my morning things and go to work so it doesn't matter a bit if it's dark or not in the morning. However, after work, especially in the summer, I do the things that make working worth it like golf or biking or working in the yard or whatever. Having the sun rise an hour earlier in the summer does nothing to help those activities.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    The only annoying thing about DST is all the people complaining about DST.
    No, people who think it's Daylight Savings instead of Saving are also annoying.

Even knowing the sun was going to set around 5:00 this past Sunday it was still weird to have it dark that early. Conversely, it's still dark when I'm driving into work in the morning, so going to standard time certainly isn't a positive for me in any way.

My heart bleeds for all you wage slaves that can't approach your employer and adjust your hours of work by 1hr. And here I thought all the call centre desks had been outsourced to India...

So of course you must externalize your issues on the rest of society.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    i'm against it, I live on standard time 365, not following the notions of a guy that liked bugs.
    So you're just an hour late for every appointment when everyone else is observing DST? Makes sense.

I’m an early bird and prefer STD, just because there are so fewer people out.
    I’m a huge Waterskier and had a cabin on nice lake in Indiana. Indiana didn’t change to DST until a few years ago.
    When they did, it was remarkable how many more circle jerks, jet skis and 300HP Bass Boats were out early.

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    Powder days around Christmas will be interesting. No way your hill will be open by 9AM if we got to permanent DST - too dark to throw bombs. So maybe ski hill will just open at 10 AM until sometime in February...
    Sure, but the hill could stay open an hour later so same-same.

Quote Originally Posted by V-rex View Post
    Yeah, not sure how it matters. The ski day is dictated by daylight hours.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    So you're just an hour late for every appointment when everyone else is observing DST? Makes sense.
    They actually prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by V-rex View Post
    Not really an issue until spring for me. I’m a first chair kinda guy and I’m toast my 3.

Aspen ski Co keeps lifts open till 6pm on Fridays late season. It pretty fucking rare that it’s still good skiing that late, but they sell a lot of booze at the Sundeck.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    It screws up my sleep due to same bed and start time for work. It makes adjustment to 10 clocks a pain. But what gets me most is the dark by 530 if trying to bike after work.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Waaaah! I live on the far eastern part of the central zone. It gets dark at like 4. Horrible.

DST is a conspiracy to get us on more meds and booze.
    I guess I'm only 50% ok with it

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    No, people who think it's Daylight Savings instead of Saving are also annoying..
    I know it's officially "saving," but I never really understood why "savings" is supposedly inaccurate as a practical matter- people say it's because "you are 'saving' daylight til evening that's why it's 'saving' " but "savings" is no less descriptive of what's going on- you saved it for later in the morning and spent your "savings" in the evening.

Sorta like "I could care less" maybe- seems wrong at first until you realize it may even be a better saying, meaning "I *could* care less but I can't even be bothered to do that" (which could be a pretty meta thing as applied to my whole discussion here ;-) )

I fucking hate daylight savings

Not going to be light out for another hour?
    Fuck, where’s my headlamp?

Fuckin bunch of pansey asses. Get over it.
    "Can't you see..."

I don’t consider people that like to get after it early, pansies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0089.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	319430

But people that posthole the XC trails in the afternoon slush, are assholes.

I say just pick one and leave it alone.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I say just pick one and leave it alone.

fine with that, so long as the one they pick is DST. If they stick with standard time, FUCK THAT.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

fine with that, so long as the one they pick is DST. If they stick with standard time, FUCK THAT.
    I like morning sun. No way I want it to not get light until 9 or 10 am. Fuvk that.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I like morning sun. No way I want it to not get light until 9 or 10 am. Fuvk that.
    hey, I like morning sun too. But what I like most of all is being able to do outdoor activities after work, when it's a pleasant temp (and not in the morning, when it's cold AF). Standard time year round would only give me a window of about 2 months (at best) where I could go on a mt bike ride after work.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I don’t consider people that like to get after it early, pansies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0089.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	319430

But people that posthole the XC trails in the afternoon slush, are assholes.
    You should go all Dean Cummings on that a-hole.

Too soon?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Not having the sun rise until 9:00 am mid-winter would suck. Having the sun rise before 5:00 am mid-summer would suck. Hence, we should continue to do what we already do. I guess if I had to pick one it would be DST all the way. They eliminated DST in Brazil and people don't seem happy about it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...fac_story.html

hey, I like morning sun too. But what I like most of all is being able to do outdoor activities after work, when it's a pleasant temp (and not in the morning, when it's cold AF). Standard time year round would only give me a window of about 2 months (at best) where I could go on a mt bike ride after work.
    Exactly. I'm fully on board with this opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Not having the sun rise until 9:00 am mid-winter would suck. Having the sun rise before 5:00 am mid-summer would suck. Hence, we should continue to do what we already do. I guess if I had to pick one it would be DST all the way. They eliminated DST in Brazil and people don't seem happy about it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...fac_story.html
    This x2

Sure it sucks for a few days in spring, but more than worth the hassle.