Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I fucking hate daylight savings

yup

I do

I get up at the same time everyday. I do not care if it’s light or dark when I’m doing my shit in the morning. It’s dumb. Why make the end of the day (aka free time) shorter!!! 🖕🖕🖕🖕

Yeah I'm not a fan. Trying to get up an hour earlier this winter but I'm not confident about success.

You do realize your backwards don’t you? You hate standard time. Daylight savings is what gives you more daylight at the end of the day.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

There's talk, and legislation tabled, to put BC permanently on DST. I much prefer standard time, with noon being when the sun is highest, and equal daylight at both ends. But the cubical, cave dwelling city folk seem to really like DST, so that is probably what our zone will be set at.

The only annoying thing about DST is all the people complaining about DST.

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    You do realize your backwards don’t you? You hate standard time. Daylight savings is what gives you more daylight at the end of the day.
    Holy shit thanks. I am dyslexic but I’m not sure that helps me here...

Regardless I dislike this change. Whatever it may be. I dislike the next one even more!

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Holy shit thanks. I am dyslexic but I’m not sure that helps me here...

Regardless I dislike this change. Whatever it may be. I dislike the next one even more!
    I think 3/4 of the people complaining about DST have it backwards so your not alone. Most just don’t like the change.

For me I prefer DST. As mentioned above it works best for those that have to work regular 9:00-5:00 type hours. It’s nice to be able to get in the fall for golf after work without having to leave early. It also sucks to go and come home from work in the dark during the winter. I get to be a grumpy ass if I don’t get outside in the sun occasionally. The Mrs says I’ll never be without a season ski pass because she knows what I’m like when I get stuck inside during the winter.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

I'd like year round DST. People complain of having to get the kids up in the dark for school. When I was working I would much prefer to go to work in the dark and home in the light with at least a little time to do something. Well, kids have to go to school way too early.
    No DST makes sense in AZ though. The year I lived in Tucson you did outdoor stuff like running before work, before it got too hot so it was nice that it got light earlier.

Kids and teens walking to school and standing around in the dark at bus stops is a valid concern.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Leave it DST and start school later. There's a whole thing about that anyways: https://www.startschoollater.net https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Start_...later_movement

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Leave it DST and start school later. There's a whole thing about that anyways: https://www.startschoollater.net https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Start_...later_movement

As it is, kids don't get home until 5pm these days with school ending at 4 or 4:30. Add in an after school sport or other activity and family dinner's pushing 8pm. And. don't get me started on the mandatory Christmas break making ski vacation options a total shitshow.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Saving.

Savings are what you have at the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    For me I prefer DST.
    Me too. Long summer evenings mountain biking, kayaking, grilling in the back yard, or just drinking on a patio somewhere. And I'm not even remotely a 9-5er.

no Standard Time and you're looking at your favorite ski hill opening up after 10:30 on a powder morning.

no Daylight Savings and the sun is rising before 5 AM mid summer.

no change once every six months and people have to find something even dumber to bitch about

Some years ago I heard some study that when people are put in a room and tied light to persons' circadian rhythm. A subset seemed to trend to a 25hr cycle rather than 24hr. Alien DNA I tell ya. Got my eye on you fuckers.

OR & WA already on board for year round standard time...contingent on CA going in on the change to keep the left coast together

I prefer standard time. And always look forward to setting the clocks back an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I prefer standard time. And always look forward to setting the clocks back an hour.

I like it. The sun comes up earlier for the ski season which means I can get more skiing in before work.

I do agree that the worst thing about DST is all the people that complain about DST

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I like it. The sun comes up earlier for the ski season which means I can get more skiing in before work.
    this^^^ too. Specialy in the spring. Trollers can't throw bombs in in the dark.

I hate TRUMP!!!!!!!

Somebody please tell me "Where does time begin?"

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Somebody please tell me "Where does time begin?"
    PM ouroboros.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post

+1

My body knows it's time to change, and i get to dragging ass waiting for it.

Either way it's dark when I get work and dark when I get home.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.