Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    OR & WA already on board for year round daylight saving time...
    FIFY

Someone please kick California's ass in gear and get this done. I wonder if there's any chance Congress wouldn't approve?

I fucking hate daylight savings

I think you all should shut the fuck up.

It's what nature intended...get rid of spring ahead bullshit.

In march 2020, spring it ahead 30 minutes and leave it. No turning back

^^^ Problem solved
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Let's go with fall back leap seconds every couple decades instead..

(P.S. Unfortunately, the earth's spin has been slowing down because the moon is sucking away the earth's energy. Every time the high tide of the Atlantic Ocean slams into the east coast of North America, the earth slows its spin a little bit. The definition of the second is based on the speed the earth was spinning back in 1820, and we have slowed down since then. As a result, we occasionally have to add in a "leap" second to the world's clocks.
    http://blog.keithw.org/2013/02/q-if-...-24-hours.html
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

They're going to switch to year round DST out here in the PNW, and as soon as they do, people will begin to bitch about it and demand we go back. Guess what: in November, December, January and a good chunk of February, it's still going to be too dark to do jack shit outside after work, but on top of that, it will also be dark until damn near 10:00am.

I'm a fan of the time change, personally. There's something about having daylight after 4:30 or 5:00PM in December that just seems wrong to me.

I like having sun in the morning, don’t change anything.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I like having sun in the morning, don’t change anything.
    Says the guy living on the east side of the time zone right after a guy living on the west side of the time zone complains.

I think we just need more micro-time zones to make sure that the sun rises at just the perfect time for everyone. People could choose where they live, based on the average sunrise and sunset time. Perhaps own multiple homes in multiple micro-time zones so that they can alter the time based on the time of year. This approach will surely promise widespread happiness through every region.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Says the guy living on the east side of the time zone right after a guy living on the west side of the time zone complains.

I think we just need more micro-time zones to make sure that the sun rises at just the perfect time for everyone. People could choose where they live, based on the average sunrise and sunset time. Perhaps own multiple homes in multiple micro-time zones so that they can alter the time based on the time of year. This approach will surely promise widespread happiness through every region.
    Aside from the southeast, there isn't a corner of the country I haven't lived in, and that includes every time zone represented in the lower 48. I'm cool with DST and with the twice-yearly time change regardless of where I live. I truly don't understand the hullabaloo over it. If changing the clocks twice a year is too much for you, move to Guam.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Aside from the southeast, there isn't a corner of the country I haven't lived in, and that includes every time zone represented in the lower 48. I'm cool with DST and with the twice-yearly time change regardless of where I live. I truly don't understand the hullabaloo over it. If changing the clocks twice a year is too much for you, move to Guam.
    Or Hawaii, Arizona (except Navajo reservations), Puerto Rico, or US Virgin Islands.

Weird that the Navajo reservations still observe DST. Maybe they know something we don't. Or they are on federal land and are forced to.

I'm coming out as "trans time zones". I'll just set all my clocks and watches to my personal temporal orientation and sue anybody who tries to force me to follow the defined norms.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm coming out as "trans time zones". I'll just set all my clocks and watches to my personal temporal orientation and sue anybody who tries to force me to follow the defined norms.
    Damn, that's good.
    Personally I think that I'm a DST+2:34 er. Of course this has changed since I was a teenager when I was DST - 1:26.
    Maybe someday we can have wars between competing factions of personal time zoners.

Weird that the Navajo reservations still observe DST. Maybe they know something we don't. Or they are on federal land and are forced to.
    Kind of interesting article about that from yesterday: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/02/u...sultPosition=1

The big Navajo reservation straddles state lines so they opted to go with DST. The Hopi reservation is inside the Navajo rez, but only in AZ, so they don't. Slightly confusing I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    It's what nature intended...get rid of spring ahead bullshit.
    What "nature intended" pretty much ended when we created time zones. Me being capable of walking 15 miles and having time shift by an hour is hardly natural.

Or Hawaii, Arizona (except Navajo reservations), Puerto Rico, or US Virgin Islands.

Indian reservations aren't federal land. They are Indian land, semi-autonomous.

In BC the res and all their territories is unceded land cuz the brits never paid them which has become a huge problem for industry trying to rape the land, google Tsilcotin and Delgamuuk decisions if you care

daylight savings bothers me not a bit

don't you dentists fly all over the fukingplace and have to deal with time zone changes ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Nearly missed my flight yesterday morning and showed up at the wrong time for dinner due to this whole mess.

Time doesn’t march on, it stays the same. We march on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I really don't care if we get rid of the time changes but, if we do, I want all-time DST. Having that extra hour of daylight in the summer is what makes mountain biking and golfing around here so great. We lose that hour and getting in 18 holes or a long ride after work is pretty much over. Without that, it may just as well be winter full-time.

you know that we have DST because some entomologist wanted more time to study bugs originally and then it was later adapted most places to increase daytime productivity.

i'm against it, I live on standard time 365, not following the notions of a guy that liked bugs.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Guys, it's Daylight Saving Time. Not "Savings" time.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-s/3102551002/

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDirtBag View Post
    In march 2020, spring it ahead 30 minutes and leave it. No turning back
    Not sure if that will confuse us or folks in Newfoundland more. Maybe they won't be a half hour early or late anymore.

Indian replying to daylight savings time reasoning-Only a white man would believe cutting off a foot of the top of his blanket and sewing it on the bottom gives him a longer blanket

Whatever you guys are taking about I hate it too. So much.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Indian replying to daylight savings time reasoning-Only a white man would believe cutting off a foot of the top of his blanket and sewing it on the bottom gives him a longer blanket
    They don't have DST in India.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........