Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I've really disliked every CC shock I've used and I quite like the Float X2 I replaced one of them with. That's all I got.
    However many are in a shit ton.

The change to a Float X2 made a bike that I was going to sell into a machine that I love to ride (and still do). I service it often, but not nearly as often as Fox recommends. Very pleased with it overall.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

You check to see if it had any spacers in it?
    Yeah, it had 0.2 sized one. Tried it with and without, not much improvement. I had a 0.4 sized one I played with as well just could not get it dialed. I think it was a combo of the frame being very progressive, the DPX2 air spring, me being heavy (205lbs before gearing up) and maybe some weird tradeoff on the damper rebound/compression? Not sure. Either way, happy with my coil for now.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Yeah, it had 0.2 sized one. Tried it with and without, not much improvement. I had a 0.4 sized one I played with as well just could not get it dialed. I think it was a combo of the frame being very progressive, the DPX2 air spring, me being heavy (205lbs before gearing up) and maybe some weird tradeoff on the damper rebound/compression? Not sure. Either way, happy with my coil for now.
    What frame?

Glad you got it sorted regardless.

I'm on a kind of progressive but not overly progressive frame and kind of echo toast's thoughts....pretty happy with the dpx2 on there.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    172 or so soaking wet, so I would probably be OK.
    But that is good to know.
    I put the Float X2 on my Hightower this spring and have been really happy with it. I weigh the same as you and have had no issues.

My personal problem is I tend to set it and forget it. I should be messing with the settings more often to dial it in to specfic terrain rides.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    What frame?

Glad you got it sorted regardless.

I'm on a kind of progressive but not overly progressive frame and kind of echo toast's thoughts....pretty happy with the dpx2 on there.
    It was on a YT Jeffsy 27.5 carbon frame... I was going to try a Float X2 but Fox Canada didn't have them in stock at the time.