Thread: Predictit

Predictit

After checking this site out from time to time, I finally decided to deposit a couple bucks to play around a little bit. Anybody been having any fun with this?

What motivated me was that I was thinking "I would pay X for [candidate] not to win the presidency. So I'm betting X on that president to win. If that guy/gal loses, I can pretend like I paid that much for that person to lose. If that guy/gal wins, I'll get a nice return on my investment.

You can wager on elections as well as other current events such as "Will 2019 be the hottest year on record?" or "Next justice to leave the Supreme Court." Trying to keep the wording on this somehwat neutral as it would be cool to discuss the markets in this thread without devolving into a polyasshat discussion/flamewar.

Yea. Go into it with Kav. I’ve done quite well.

Seems kinda cool, I never heard of it until now. There sure are a lot of things you can bet on/invest in.

niche gambling for dweebs

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    niche gambling for dweebs
    exactly. so, how much have you won/lost betting on Trump's tweet count?

How do you deopsit and withdraw money? The ones I've seen US citizens could not easily participate without some scheming.

If your debit card's billing address is the same as your drivers license info it verifies in a minute or two. Apparently these guys were able to get some sort of exemption to the "No wagering on elections" law because it's run by a university, it's run like a market with constantly updating and fluctuating prices, and they limit the amount you can..invest...