Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    20%off QNE FULLPRICED item,
    Join our credits program to redeem your coupon. Exclusions apply.

jesus h fuking christ
    not a whole cart, no discounted items and I have to join their fucking club????
    My fuckyou was only 'typical capitalist" until the sorry hook came down with a few extra barbs and half a worm
    FUCKYOU Jonathan Nielsen,
    What, so if they gave you enough free shit all would be OK? Priceless. Morality for sale! I've got morality for sale. This place is gold.

no just some salt in the wound, you gotta have some morality to sell it
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    no just some salt in the wound, you gotta have some morality to sell it
    Curious, what would have been enough free shit for you to forgive BC.com? Maybe provide them with specific requests. Free socks? Free skins? Maybe some free Marquettes?

I'll calculate that out for you after buy some more stuff
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Anybody else beat them to the punch and trademark it with a space? "Back Country(TM)" FTW!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

This guy from the FB group..." a $100 credit to all email subscribers to be used on their sites, with a matching $100 donation in our name to a “backcountry” charitable organization of our choice. I’d back off and give them my business again."

I want 200 dollars...
    for real, what a bunch of fuck-tards.

Really Backcountry.com??

Greedy assholes. Yes it’s par for the course - anyone remember the Monster Cable lawsuits and cease and desist attacks from a few years back? https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...l-losing.shtml

I’ll try to avoid shopping at Backcuntry since they are assholes and in no way should own the descriptive term backcountry since it’s, unlike backcountry.com, not IMO a trademark able term.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I went searching for some new bindings yesterday and BC was the first option in the Google search... I won't even give them the click at this point.

I'm got to avoid

Shopping
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I wanted something that's about $450 for my job this week. Out of curiosity, I searched it online. First and cheapest google hit was BC. Then I got in my car and drove less than a mile. Went into the locally owned store and talked to the owner for a bit. Ended up chatting about my job. He knew one of my coworkers who was a distant cousin. Unsolicited, he offered me $75 off what I wanted just because of his family connection which put it under BC's price. Told him I appreciated but it wasn't necessary but he wouldn't take no for an answer. He would have earned by business anyway but the interaction was over the top cool.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    don't really get what the problem is or why anyone gives a crap
    like everything in this country its a race to the bottom no one wants to spend a penny more than they have too
    everyone wants the cheapest goods and services
    backcountry is the same as walmart amazon target on and on
    anyone buying shit from them has been supporting a predatory shit asshole business for years without a care in the world until now when they stand up for a week or two shaming the big company they have been sucking dick for years with standing up and shaming back country makes everyone feel so good that they can help the "little guy out" but in two weeks everyone is back buying shit from them because they are offering free shipping and the lowest price possible without going out of business

support small businesses go down the street pay a little more talk with someone who lives in your area
    your all fucks for not doing that in the first place
    Haha. So true

So a company can't have reasonable prices and be moral, ethical, and friendly to the community?

I've worked at local shops, I shop at local shops. Sometimes something simply isn't available given our relatively small market here. Shops often sell out of certain skis/products on preorder, especially high-end or very specialized products or models, so they're not even available to fondle before you buy. Additionally, if you special order or preorder very specialized or high-end product from a local shop around here it's yours, no returns if the product turns out to have a shit run that year.

I don't shop at Walmart, Amazon, and the like. I don't shop at big box store chains generally, and especially when they've exhibited shitty behavior.

I now know that backcountry.com is like that, so I will no longer shop there unless they drastically reverse course, as I've noted above. Period. I haven't seen that, so I won't shop there,...it's not a 2 week trend thing. Plenty of other options.

"Voting with your dollars" is what capitalism is all about.

Not sure why some here are so confused and simply can't comprehend that.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 11-07-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Really Backcountry.com??

Backcunty appologizes and backs down...apparently the complaining here wasn’t pointless

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/back...ade-a-mistake/

the lowest price possible without going out of business
    This doesn't sound like the analysis of a person whose dad worked at Goldman Sachs.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Backcunty appologizes and backs down...apparently the complaining here wasn’t pointless

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/back...ade-a-mistake/
    People should still not buy from them this holiday season

justified backlash

unsubscribe from their e-mailed everythings. They'll see that real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    This doesn't sound like the analysis of a person whose dad worked at Goldman Sachs.
    huh
    my dad is a mostly retired venture capitalist with a private firm who dumps most of his money into medical devices and engineering

huh
    my dad is a mostly retired venture capitalist with a private firm who dumps most of his money into medical devices and engineering
    Do you by chance happen to live in Summit county, in a nice condo, and have dreads you made yourself?

don't really get what the problem is or why anyone gives a crap
    like everything in this country its a race to the bottom no one wants to spend a penny more than they have too
    everyone wants the cheapest goods and services
    backcountry is the same as walmart amazon target on and on
    anyone buying shit from them has been supporting a predatory shit asshole business for years without a care in the world until now when they stand up for a week or two shaming the big company they have been sucking dick for years with standing up and shaming back country makes everyone feel so good that they can help the "little guy out" but in two weeks everyone is back buying shit from them because they are offering free shipping and the lowest price possible without going out of business

support small businesses go down the street pay a little more talk with someone who lives in your area
    your all fucks for not doing that in the first place
    There is a HUDGE amount of hypocrisy from those getting 'offended' by Backcountry.com's shitty actions, then turn around and order something using their Amazon Prime account. Users of the Amazon Deathstar have done far more damage to thousands of small businesses by virtue of killing us off by 'the death of a thousand knife cuts'.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Do you by chance happen to live in Summit county, in a nice condo, and have dreads you made yourself?
    yeah 20 years ago, I"m alittle more cleaned up these days but still have the condo my dad bought me

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    This clown still doesn't get it.
    It’s important to note that we tried to resolve these trademark situations amicably and respectfully, and we only took legal action as a last resort

Y'all anti the ban don't get it either. It's not about me or the other mag bitching, it's about the outdoor community as a whole. You guys whining about it...please. Just because you or whoever buys from Amazon (which I don't!) it's not ok to bitch about another large company like BC? Fuck that. Christ, I know one of the original guys at BC and he's a great person. I liked supporting him. The fact that they were smart and grew the business is a good thing. I haven't bought much of anything from them in years as I support my local shops and always have, but sometimes they don't have it in stock and the vendor is sold out as well. That leaves little options if you need a replacement of "X" that you broke.

huh
    The circle-jerkers disagree with you so...flame on. You 100% on point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    There is a HUDGE amount of hypocrisy from those getting 'offended' by Backcountry.com's shitty actions and then turn around and order something using their Amazon Prime account. Users of the Amazon Deathstar have done far more damage to thousands of small businesses by virtue of killing us off by 'the death of a thousand knife cuts'.
    yeah, amazon is the worst
    worse than walmart
    low wages shitty working conditions, misuse of the subcontractor/employee classification

hey this is america race to the lowest price driven by consumers who need to have everything fast and cheap so they can buy more and more to make themselves feel good
    if you own a pair of skis, raft or bike it makes you legit even if you can't use the skis
    a garage full of shit gives you lots of cred in colorado

There is a HUDGE amount of hypocrisy from those getting 'offended' by Backcountry.com's shitty actions and then turn around and order something using their Amazon Prime account. Users of the Amazon Deathstar have done far more damage to thousands of small businesses by virtue of killing us off by 'the death of a thousand knife cuts'.
    QFT. Also, what happens if the "Boycott" does real financial damage to the company? How will they respond? People will loose their jobs, but we know that folks at the tippy top are not held accountable. You're likely hurting people who just need a job much more then a CEO level guy.

dont know that ive heard them putting people out of business via trademarks. They are beating the competition on price and delivery which is how retail works. They built a better mouse trap. I dont agree with a lot of things they do, but its not the same comparison.