Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    If you give a shit about this, usubscribe form their emails. That will send a message more than a venomous e-pigeon.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Really Backcountry.com??

Looks like the internet mob is making some progress:

https://gearjunkie.com/backcountry-f...-relationships

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post

It's a step. Let's see how it plays out. They have a ways to go before they get forgiven by many. Not all will, either so this is an expensive lesson for them.

It was all part of a marketing campaign. We're getting played. Brilliant!

The only way to win back hearts and minds is a Blood Sacrifice, aka a Head on a Spike. Nielsen?

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Naw, he's a douchebag. I will never buy from that company again...unlees its sold to someone else with some values.

On the bright side, Tenney's bar is safe now.

Yeah, having shopped at both backcountry.com and the shop formerly Backcountry Pursuit now known as Boise Gear Exchange, Tyson didn’t set out to gain brand value by calling it backcountry. The dude was selling USED consignment climbing and skiing gear used to pursue things in the backcountry to those in the Treasure Valley. Pretty lame the apology mentioned nothing of Tyson.

Name:  IMG_0545.JPG
Views: 829
Size:  45.6 KB
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Yeah, having shopped at both backcountry.com and the shop formerly Backcountry Pursuit now known as Boise Gear Exchange, Tyson didn’t set out to gain brand value by calling it backcountry. The dude was selling USED consignment climbing and skiing gear used to pursue things in the backcountry to those in the Treasure Valley. Pretty lame the apology mentioned nothing of Tyson.
    Whoa, is there actually a BC.com connection to that name change? Also, what's with "Pursuit" in shop names? We've got an Uphill Pursuits here in Bozeman.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Whoa, is there actually a BC.com connection to that name change? Also, what's with "Pursuit" in shop names? We've got an Uphill Pursuits here in Bozeman.
    That’s the rumor around town and I heard Tyson started posting about it.

As for Pursuit, no fucking idea. Shop names are getting out there. If I were to open a shop, I’d call it “Conundrum Ski and Bike” or whatever I was dealing in and let my shop speak for itself. But, having never opened a shop, I wouldn’t consider mine an expert opinion.

My cards say " Al's consulting " in simple script laser printed on a piece of cheap white paper roughly cut with scissors

the fact its so cheap so minimalist so much bulshit ... people remember Al
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    It's a step. Let's see how it plays out. They have a ways to go before they get forgiven by many. Not all will, either so this is an expensive lesson for them.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Fuck Backcountry.com

I won't spend any money there unless they fully reverse course; reimburse for reputational damage, losses, and expenses those they've sent cease and desist orders to or taken legal action against, and send apology letters to same; publicly apologise in all social media and post an apology on each page of their website for a period of no less than 180 days; start a fund whereby for a minimum of 15 years backcountry.com donates 1% of profits to a trust fund for granting those money's to outdoor focussed startups and entrepreneurs, who may only have or be involved in a single business with value of less than $250,000 USD, and which will be run by a board of directors made up of entrepreneurs who may only be involved in one business with value of less than $500,000 who will choose from applications/applicants to the fund.

Yah.

Fuck Backcountry.com right in the backcountry.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Really Backcountry.com??

I just tried to “unsubscribe “ from receiving emails from Backcountry dot com. Apparently they have disabled that function. Probably way too many people doing it. Fuck them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1573275789.887763.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	301558

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Is that even legal? Gotta at least be against the TOS of whatever service or software they're using for send said emails.
    Also, you guys get emails from Backcountry?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I just tried to “unsubscribe “ from receiving emails from Backcountry dot com. Apparently they have disabled that function. Probably way too many people doing it. Fuck them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1573275789.887763.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	301558

Lol WUT?!?!

What a scummy fucking company.

Well, it's good well all know what kind of company backcountry.com is.

Fuck backcountry.com
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You spelled it wrong
    I got this

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I have trademarked patterned and claim
    Dibs
    On all of it
    Cease and desist
    Or pay me
    Now
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Bob View Post
    Zeno of Citium.
    Explain...it’s simply Greek to me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    ... and the outcome will only be positive for BC.com, and maybe Marquette Backcountry skis....
    " under fire after a week of news outlining aggressive legal actions against dozens of business owners who trademarked the word “backcountry” in their name — is partnering with Ollila to help grow his Marquette Backcountry Ski brand. It’s donating money to two Michigan non-profits Ollila helped create that support innovators moving their products to market. It’s hiring Ollila as a consultant...."

Lol. No such thing as bad press. You're all (marketing) tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5It0jnD6M

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You spelled it wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I got this

r.....
    I think he meant the extra "o"

Next morning: “unsubscribe” function still not working on their emails.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Next morning: “unsubscribe” function still not working on their emails.

Took a few days for me. Steep and Cheap is still firing after I think 5 days now.

I don't see what the big deal with backcountry is anyway.
    I say get some Olins and start mastering the carve on that fresh frontside corduroy, that's where it's at Jack.
    You want big air kid? Pull my finger.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    " under fire after a week of news outlining aggressive legal actions against dozens of business owners who trademarked the word “backcountry” in their name — is partnering with Ollila to help grow his Marquette Backcountry Ski brand. It’s donating money to two Michigan non-profits Ollila helped create that support innovators moving their products to market. It’s hiring Ollila as a consultant...."

Lol. No such thing as bad press. You're all (marketing) tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5It0jnD6M
    I'm happy being a tool that helped out a small company, a couple non profits, and forced a Goliath company to do the right thing.

Are you proud that you were not a tool, and did not help anyone or anything? Cause it sounds like you are.