Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fify.

So many good themes to build upon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuck_your_goat.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	300407
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

That's beautiful. Part of me thinks that the goat should be upside down, but decapitated and hog-tied really works nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Spectacular

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    beats the fuck outta me to think how someone could pay so much money and time get the letters mba behind their name and think this could possible be good for your business bottom line
    I quit using them back when they fucked powstash over a decade ago
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Unfortunately, and I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here, you can lose your trademark if you don't aggressively defend it. yay!
    If they were going to aggressively defend it they should have sued Alibaba for registering backcuntry.com. Alibaba is in a position to actually compete and confuse consumers, after all. Sending C&D's to people not in the online retail business so they can claim they defended something they could never actually defend in a real court is seriously weak--like Specialized trying to defend Fuji's Roubaix tm without permission.

I'm not sure the GSA should be sullied with goatfuckery, but I like the idea generally. Shirley there must be a proper use for this bag of goat stickers?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    "Got yer Goat"
    BaaName:  fc0dbbd6232f11b0ba57fbc3f67e272433f779f751a197826ba225018144733f.jpeg
Views: 1279
Size:  52.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    FUBC! Brilliant, my friend

Fucking wack. I always liked their website and reviews. Fuck them.

I always found Evo cooler. They sell more of the raw dog PNW brand stuff. I actually haven't looked into Evo's ethics though, tbh.

Now I will remember to never give Backcountry my money though, thanks for this post.

IPLA Trademark Law is duing the suing, Goatfuckers

Stop trying to fight and see if you can help. For instance, their legal team at IPLA Trademark Law doesn't rank well for the term Goatworthy (as it should). Nor does it rank for the term Goatfucker (goat fucker), as it definitely should, since that's what they're doing to the brand.
    I'm sure these links are nofollow but who knows what G takes into account.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

ok
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Really Backcountry.com??

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    ^possible. maybe mike schwartz can/should sue them. He had the name first
    His shops (and website) do pre-date Backcountry.com. Would love to see him take them on... Regardless, I'm done with backcountry.com...
    Last edited by ShakeMeUp; 11-01-2019 at 08:17 AM.

I went through a wild and crazed stage where I purchased everything online back when backcountry.com and steep and cheap new and shiny.

Not so much anymore. Except for closeouts and some other odd ball stuff, I’ve really returned to purchasing stuff locally, and second hand at that. Their prices aren’t all that great, especially on newer MAP stuff.

What do you expect from MegaCorp? They’re not here to help you. And oh yeah, screw the little guy. Any semblance of coolness with BC went out the door when MegaCorp bought it.

I never got the whole goat sticker thing. It basically says I buy my shit online and screw the local ski shop.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by TGRBadass View Post
    I always found Evo cooler. They sell more of the raw dog PNW brand stuff. I actually haven't looked into Evo's ethics though, tbh.

Now I will remember to never give Backcountry my money though, thanks for this post.
    whats goin on?
    welcome to the community i trust you read the minions sticky
    jong
    i cant quite seem to git that quiver pic to work
    if you were to share with your new tgr maggot friends pictures of your lets go with signifcant others and well t and a works for a start
    that would be a way mo better badassed than most
    might please ullr
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Jonathan Ellsworth calling out backcountry.com in the new Gear:30 podcast this morning.
    https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/n...rel-more-ep-72

From a quick google search, it looks like backcountry access was founded 2 years before backcountry.com.

Hopefully BCA sues backcountry.com and makes them change their name. (Or are they owned by the same people? That'd kinda ruin that plan.)

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    From a quick google search, it looks like backcountry access was founded 2 years before backcountry.com.

Hopefully BCA sues backcountry.com and makes them change their name. (Or are they owned by the same people? That'd kinda ruin that plan.)
    Not owned by the same people. They interview Bruce Edgerly in the article.

They don’t care about few cheap hardcore skiers business but they do about general public that uses first link from using google. Every time you see the sticker, yell out backcountry.com sucks and let the gapers know why they will always be a gaper as long as they support that business.

Next person who gets hurt in backcountry should sue them.

Don’t they own a few other sites like SAC and Competitve Cyclist? Make sure to boycott those too.

I’ve bought a ton of stuff from BC.com but now I’ll just go to REI.com or something.

doesn't this trademark infringment stuff happen in everyday things like say cars/ Vacuum cleaners/ refrigerators/ runners/ coffee shops/ Yoga classes ?

tell me some good reasons why ski gear is any different ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    doesn't this trademark infringment stuff happen in everyday things like say cars/ Vacuum cleaners/ refrigerators/ runners/ coffee shops/ Yoga classes ?

Because "backcountry" is a common word used in the industry, and one company trying to prevent the rest of the industry from using that word is bullshit.

If Ford tried to trademark "pickup truck" or Starbucks tried to trademark "latte," that would also be bullshit. But those companies are smart enough to realize that trying to trademark those terms would be dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

are you just trolling? I don't understand why this topic is bringing out this kind of stuff from you.

Trademark infringement, and trademark disputes, happen all the time. And this one is not different at all, ski gear is no different. But saying it is no different than all the other types of infringement disputes is pretty meaningless. Because in all of those disputes, there are specific facts that either make it a justified suit for infringement or not a justified dispute. So yes, this is a run of the mill trademark infringement issue. In which one party is vastly overreaching because they have the financial resources to bully small actors. Which is a run of the mill tactic, and still an abhorrent tactic. What makes this different is simply because it's related to a topic we care about, so people are more sensitive to the reprehensible business decision made by backcountry.com
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah, this is pretty fucked up. I know lots of times companies hire firms to handle their trademark enforcement, and since these firms need to enforce trademarks to stay in business they get ever more petty about who they sue. I hope that maybe this is a case of an outside firm getting over ambitious and BC will reign it in now that there is some backlash. I can't say I'm optimistic about this, though. For now, fuck em.