Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Really Backcountry.com??

Plenty of other retailers out there that will get my money.

https://coloradosun.com/2019/10/31/b...just-business/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wow. Fuck that place. I just bought some shit there, wish it wasn't too late to return it. I won't have any issues dropping them.

So they're the Specialized of the outdoor retail market? Good to know...

I’d like to learn more about this “Backcountry Babes”

Wow. At a certain point every large corporation becomes ethically indistinguishable from Der Pumpkin Fuhrer.

Good details with one of the people getting sued:
    https://wintrymix.podbean.com/e/73-d...y-gets-served/

I let bc.com know they were being dicks and would stop buying stuff from them until the bullshit was done.

I’m done with them.

Does the Mountain Goat community have representation yet?

Those goats are infringing.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

Does the Mountain Goat community have representation yet?

https://www.napga.org/about-us/mission-statement/
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Formerly Backcountry Delicatessen, Yampa Sandwich Company, is a locally owned sandwich shop featuring delicious, creative fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

from yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/yampa-sandw...amboat-springs

That would explain the change of business name this summer.

it was only 7 years ago they were so protective of that word they'd turn every usage of it in this forum to a hyperlink to their website.

I wouldn't sweat it, there is no shortage of trademark infringement cases, it usually easier for the little guy to just change the name and/or fuck with the big guy

a dude in Vancover made really nice ww helmets called his company NFA for No Fixed Adress , the big clothing company told him to cease and desist so he changed the name to FNA for Fucking No Address

my GF had a yoga class called "Yoga for stiff guys" got the cease and desist letter from somebody 800 kms south in the big city who had trademarked " stiff " in a series of classes so she fucked around with the yoga teache/ lawyer a bit, a lawyer friend told her it was legit and she was at the point where costs incurred could be sued for so I came up with the name Manyoga it should roll off the tongue in one syllable when you say it

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...article772078/

here ^^ is a sucessful fuck you from some guys on Haida Gwai, they had a coffee shop Haidabucks so they get the letter from starbucks and they go on the CBC to say a Haida Buck is a male Haida and no fucking way they are gona change the name and meanwhile Starbucks is facing a PR nightmare and ends up back peddling

I did check to see if Manyoga is trademarked, it does not appear to be but if we get the letter ... we will just change it again
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

World has gone bonkers. Heard a story where a Kardashian was trademarking the star spangled banner because she received so many views on twitter while singing it to her baby. Fuq me

OP, thanks for posting this.

Fuck Backcountry dot com. What a bunch of dicks. I have bought a lot of stuff from them over the years. They just lost me as a loyal customer.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Aren’t they owned by amazon or someone else now ? Regardless , fuck them.

Really Backcountry.com??

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Aren’t they owned by amazon or someone else now ? Regardless , fuck them.
    Liberty media
    oh the ironing
    skid luxury

Use social media to let them know. Like tag them on facebook with @Backcountry, or tweet at them. I tried posting on their FB page, but they moderate all posts, and the fact that there are zero visitor posts on my page tells me that they won't approve mine. But they cannot moderate a post I make on my own page that tags them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Wow. Well I used to spend a good chunk of money there. Going to draft an email to send them about why I am no longer a customer. I always felt good about supporting a local Utah company. Now I feel like a dumbass.

It's like Lebron trying to trademark Taco Tuesday. It's just stupid. Do I smell a TGR boycott?

To play devils advocate, maybe they are suing first so that they don't get sued by someone else who trademarks the name Backcountry. Essentially, they sue to protect their usage of the name?

^possible. maybe mike schwartz can/should sue them. He had the name first

Looks like they sold out in 2015 to a private equity firm. Not surprising I guess that's what private equity firms do.

This is so messed up. Another instance of lawyers run amok.
    I don't get how someone trademarking a generic term last year can go after businesses that have been using the word for years. Is there no prior use exemption to stupid trademark abuse??

A YEAR AGO I FILED TRADEMARKS PROTECTING THE WORD "DOT” AND "COM". I'M SUING BACKCUNTRY FOR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT.
    TAKE THE FUNDS FROM YOUR OVERPRICED EVERYTHING AND LAWYER UP BITCHES.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    A YEAR AGO I FILED TRADEMARKS PROTECTING THE WORD "DOT” AND "COM". I'M SUING BACKCUNTRY FOR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT.
    TAKE THE FUNDS FROM YOUR OVERPRICED EVERYTHING AND LAWYER UP BITCHES.
    He returns.

^^^ good to hear from you, JS.

Logged on to post the link to this article, glad to see y'all were already on it. FWIW, TSG also jointly owns Pabst Blue Ribbon.