Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You do realize that it's not just about Marquettes? You seem to think that everyone is up in arms because one small company in the midwest is being bullied, which is pretty obviously not the case, if you paid the least bit of attention. And you seem to think that capitalism is legit justification for bc.com's actions, but not a legit justification for those seeking to boycott bc.com, which is a really warped view of capitalism.
    And of course, you seem to think that everyone must place all issues in a hierarchy, and then only express outrage or "do anything" about the issue at the top of the list. Which is utterly bizarre.
    Disagree. I'm not saying it justifies anything, I'm saying it's reality and the outcome will only be positive for BC.com, and maybe Marquette Backcountry skis, maybe not. That's the price we pay for not confronting the current system of unbridled capitalism and wealth consolidation. I think divestment is the only real choice we have, and if you disagree with the tactics of BC don't shop there, great. What I think is hilarious is the mobilization of the generally well-off sporty set who's lifestyle is ultimately responsible for WAY more then their share of legit malady in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You do realize that it's not just about Marquettes? You seem to think that everyone is up in arms because one small company in the midwest is being bullied, which is pretty obviously not the case, if you paid the least bit of attention. And you seem to think that capitalism is legit justification for bc.com's actions, but not a legit justification for those seeking to boycott bc.com, which is a really warped view of capitalism.

And of course, you seem to think that everyone must place all issues in a hierarchy, and then only express outrage or "do anything" about the issue at the top of the list. Which is utterly bizarre.
    You have a much better descriptive delivery than me saying "don't go full retard". I'm actually not a fan of that word, but it is just a word and I'm quoting a movie line. So that makes it ok, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Wouldn’t it be something if there were, say, a few thousand DNS attacks on some random websites in the near future?
    Asking for a friend
    This...this is a great way to really make a difference.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    This...this is a great way to really make a difference.
    https://github.com/jgamblin/Mirai-Source-Code

This may have been mentioned already, but Bishop is pulling their products from Backcountry. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    This may have been mentioned already, but Bishop is pulling their products from Backcountry. Awesome.
    Stoked to see that on their facebook page today...great to see someone taking action even if they are a small company. One step at a time...I already know of at least one more but it's not public knowledge yet but we will all know about it soon enough. All I can say is support the smaller local companies...they are the core users like us who love to not only make killer gear but also use it.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Word from the inside is its a shitstorm at BC. Losses in the seven figures already.

Most of these boycotts sort of fizzle over time, but it’s going to really hurt BC to have this happen right as holiday shopping ramps up

Quote Originally Posted by Thurgood Jenkins View Post
    No.

At a certain point you're part of the puzzle and make things worse by being silent/there. The rubber has to meet the road. Either you're a small part or you're a big part, if you're there you're not "great".

If you work for a company that was once great and your boss starts cheating/dumping waste/doing bad shit that may be technically legal but not ethical and you are quiet, you're not "great".

Why is everyone is willing to look the other way for a little money and security?
    Are you by any chance related to Leroy? Because we know that he never stands aside for anything. He always charges forward no matter what the cost. LEROY JENKINS!!!

sidecountry.com droppin in 3, 2, 1....
    Hello darkness my old friend

so where's the mountain goat with the red slash thru it stickers?

Someone "knows a guy", they'll sell like hotcakes, and wind up showing up in "high visibility" locations like the Slowbird stickers did last year.....
    Last edited by SJG; 11-06-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    so where's the mountain goat with the red slash thru it stickers?
    I need several stickers for the several pairs of Goat Renegades that I bought some years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Utagonian View Post
    Word from the inside is its a shitstorm at BC. Losses in the seven figures already.
    Going to be a BIG sale coming up.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

https://www.snewsnet.com/gear/backco...ademark-blowup

Not really an apology to me. I'll continue to speak with where I spend my money, the damage to these small companies has been done.

This whole thing has been eye opening to me about how trademarks and corporate America functions. Its kind of disgusting.

They dropped it...you can all shop again.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    There is no way you are actually this dense, right?

https://www.snewsnet.com/gear/backco...ademark-blowup

We understand that this step we’ve taken may not be enough for some of you.
    Not even close you goat fuckers.

There are others who have suffered substantial expenses because of your douchegoatery.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Fuck Backcountry.com

I won't spend any money there unless they fully reverse course; reimburse for reputational damage, losses, and expenses those they've sent cease and desist orders to or taken legal action against, and send apology letters to same; publicly apologise in all social media and post an apology on each page of their website for a period of no less than 180 days; start a fund whereby for a minimum of 15 years backcountry.com donates 1% of profits to a trust fund for granting those money's to outdoor focussed startups and entrepreneurs, who may only have or be involved in a single business with value of less than $250,000 USD, and which will be run by a board of directors made up of entrepreneurs who may only be involved in one business with value of less than $500,000 who will choose from applications/applicants to the fund.

Yah.

Fuck Backcountry.com right in the backcountry.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 11-06-2019 at 07:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    There is no way you are actually this dense, right?
    I think the word you are actually looking for here is, “obtuse”...

So they dropped the one lawsuit against the marquette ski guy.
    What about all the others they're currently harassing.
    What about all the others that already folded and acceded to their threats and bullying?

why? it's a crowded market and bc offers nothing special and it was just legacy mindshare that kept some us still considering going

I think I’ll maintain the boycott. Clubbing baby seals is my real passion.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    does that mean your gonna continue to attempt to convince us of your mental challenges on a new subject?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Really Backcountry.com??

Has anyone trade marked the name “slack country”?

For the record, I’ll never buy anything again from BC and I will toss in $50 to the go fund me defense to sue these private equity pencil necks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Disagree. I'm not saying it justifies anything, I'm saying it's reality and the outcome will only be positive for BC.com, and maybe Marquette Backcountry skis, maybe not. That's the price we pay for not confronting the current system of unbridled capitalism and wealth consolidation. I think divestment is the only real choice we have, and if you disagree with the tactics of BC don't shop there, great. What I think is hilarious is the mobilization of the generally well-off sporty set who's lifestyle is ultimately responsible for WAY more then their share of legit malady in the world.
    If you feel that way about the well off sporty set what the fuck are you doing here?

Amazing how fast they’ve managed to burn up all their credibility and goodwill pursuing something that would have gained them nothing to begin with.

People vote with their wallets by spending with someone they trust/identify with.
    "I'm looking pretty good, don't you think?" - the other says "watching you ski is like watching a retarded monkey rollerblade on a gravel road"

www.majesticheliski.com