Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    A YEAR AGO I FILED TRADEMARKS PROTECTING THE WORD "DOT” AND "COM". I'M SUING BACKCUNTRY FOR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT.
    TAKE THE FUNDS FROM YOUR OVERPRICED EVERYTHING AND LAWYER UP BITCHES.
    I think a good azz fook is in order.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You guys are hilarious. Do you really think they give 2 shits?

Like DPS and Flylow are really going to affect their bottom line?

I couldn't recognize one single brand of theirs besides PBR, so you should know the shit you are dealing with already.
    I get what you're saying...
    OTOH, big, tall Oaks all start from a tiny seed.
    Maybe this represents that metaphorical loose thread on a sweater.
    Regardless, all logic and reason aside, this still appeals to that part of me that wants to #believe.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You guys are hilarious. Do you really think they give 2 shits?

Like DPS and Flylow are really going to affect their bottom line?

I couldn't recognize one single brand of theirs besides PBR, so you should know the shit you are dealing with already.
    Do you really think "backcountry babes" are affecting their bottom line?

It's just a cost benefit analysis. Is the cost of losing deals with Flylow and DPS worth the benefit of forcing a bunch of tiny companies to change their names?

I'd think not. But who knows. The backcountry babes have the potential to be a strong force in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I mean, they just got the marks approved last year, so it's not exactly after the fact.
    To clarify, I meant they and other businesses have been using the word for decades, as has the general public. The "fact" being the novelty and uniqueness of the word wore off long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Too bad they still hate boobs

They're owned by some hedge fund. this is the world we live in.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'm sure the rare chump change I ever spend with Backcuntry, would never make a damn bit of difference to them. Certainly never approached thousands of dollars like some of youse guys, dang.

But bailing on any future purchases from them makes ME feel good.
    Greed irritates the shit outta me particularly the monopolist approach.

Always thrifty, never cheap, I shop around. Just now bought 2 pairs of shoes from another online retailer and paid about 10% more than the lowest price online, which today happened to be from Backcuntry.com.

Action, not words.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    They're owned by some hedge fund. this is the world we live in.
    Do you know what a hedge fund is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Well written, and thought out.

I get that trademarks must be defended, but this seems to be beyond any reasonable expectation. And way too after the fact.

There's a local store that is probably facing one of their threats, and when I think about what the owner has done for this community vs TSGordon Gekko, saying goodbye to Backcountry will be easy. (and I've been buying stuff from them since the 00s - well over 10k)
    If they go after THAT local store, I'll contribute to their legal fees. And if "millworks" is trademarked, I'd help them too. This shit is insanity. Fuck Backcountry.com. Its all a long slow road toward fulfilling the prophecies of Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I thought Liberty Media sold to TSG in 2015
    Yeah you're right. I was going off an earlier comment on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."

Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post
    If they go after THAT local store, I'll contribute to their legal fees.
    So will I.

C&E are good people.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Do you know what a hedge fund is?
    What about a "Hudge Fund"? Always been intrigued by those.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Sad to see a company I worked for for multiple seasons years ago act so lame. There was a time when this place was full of bc employees, I'm suprised there hasn't been a peep from one yet here. Add me to the boycott list. From what I remember their main money makers by a large margin were always north face fleeces.. not sure why thy would want to dabble in hardgoods?? Poor move bc, you are on your way to irelevancy
    Last edited by rip; 11-03-2019 at 08:12 PM.
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    I'm suprised there hasn't been a peep from one yet here.
    When you think about the nature of the problem (aggro corporate litigiousness culture), I bet you can figure pretty quickly why radio silence is actually not that surprising in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    When you think about the nature of the problem (aggro corporate litigiousness culture), I bet you can figure pretty quickly why radio silence is actually not that surprising in this situation.
    Very true.. but I think back to how little I got paid there (one thing im sure hasnt changed) and think somebody out there would at least create an alias and start talkin..
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Vibes to the good people on the inside who have to deal with this heat.
    You know this bs isn’t what they signed up for.

Word, many many good peeps I worked there with. Sucks to have a corporate overlord make you look like slime. Use that discount bc employees,and don't feel bad about coming in late cuz you ripped a few extra tram laps.. Lotta other swing shift jobs in the valley

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Vibes to the good people on the inside who have to deal with this heat.
    You know this bs isn’t what they signed up for.
    100% they aren’t the execs pushing this garbage

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It's blowing up on flakebook.
    3,000 new over the weekend.
    Strength in numbers. Let that country know how you feel about this.
    Burton did something similar with their 3hole pattern lawsuits in 1995, putting multiple companies out of business but were shut down by the one company that had prior artwork. They still ended many companies though.

This is a classic goliath scenario. The thing a tyrant fears most is strength in numbers.

If you have ever filed for a trademark you know that the trademark office is fairly diligent on getting you to prove your ownership of a term. The only possible way these guys could have obtained this trademark is to lie in their application. Review that application and find the lies.

Use the way back machine and find instances of the use of backcountry in your websites dating back before backcountry.com. Then band together and go on the offensive. Sue them. Don't wait for them to come after you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

This is beyond shitty on the part of backcountry.com. I won't be buying anything from them for the foreseeable future.

It's BLOWING UP my facebook feed right now, like every other post. Unfortunately it sounds like the gearheads have been caught in the middle in terms of people tying them up on chat and voicing their objections through them. Sucks for them, they start at like $12/hr and they definitely did not sign up for this shit. I know a few gearheads and also have several good friends above entry level there, so I don't want to be too openly vocal about it. Of course none of these folks have any say in corporate trademark policy, they're just trying to make a living. They're not stoked on all the negative publicity all of a sudden.

One of the guys who started the Boycott Backcountry facebook page has set up a Gofundme for the Legal Defense to fight Backcountry.com They state the funds go first to the legal defence fund for Snapperhead Inventions, maker of the Marquette Backcountry Ski. Sounds like he's the first company that's digging in and fighting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Legal Defence to Fight Backcountry.com
    Funds raised will be distributed in the following order:

1. Legal defense of Marquette Backcountry Skis. A Marquette Backcountry Ski win will benefit others being sued.

2. Support small businesses being sued by Backcountry.com.

3. Any funds remaining will be donated to https://www.bigcitymountaineers.org/ to support and encourage accessibility and appreciation of the backcountry.
    Make what you will of that but it seems like Gofundme has pretty clear rules about directing monies raised to where they say they will. I threw them $10. Might pitch in more if I hear some feedback from Snapperhead himself and/or see more documentation of things moving forward.

Also, Snapperhead Inventions is a killer name and the Marquette Backcountry ski looks pretty damn fun. Awesome tool for covering ground in the woods on rolling terrain or just dickin around on hillsides. Might have to pick up a pair!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the zuckerbitches callin businesses lame
    oh the ironing they do
    boycott the lame
    buy snapperheads
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

If you haven't listened to it yet, the Wintry Mix podcast with the head of Marquette Backcountry/Snapperheads on the lawsuit is damn good. Dude seems very genuine and fighting for the right reasons.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aH...=1572874777153

That was a good listen. Personal perspective from an authentic entrepreneur. They may have messed with the wrong “cockroach scorpion”

Maybe I'm just an old guy who doesn't understand the internet, but if your site comes up as the first half page of a google search of the noun that is your company name, wouldn't you want as many companies as possible to have that noun in their name? (Does it make a difference if it is a noun vs an adjective?) I can see there could be a valid issue with backcountrygear.com... They do the same thing.

Does this mean I will be reading the magazine formerly known as Backcountry?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    formerley know as couloir ?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno