Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    This trainwreck would make for an interesting case study in some MBA program on how the shortsightedness of corporate HQ can damage years of goodwill/marketing/awareness/trust/authenticity by being out-of-touch with who your primary customers are.

I'd love to see how sales have changed, how the customer perception changed, and what actions management took once they realized their mistake. Is it too little too late? Is it something that will blow over? What's the permanent fallout? How long will it take to rebuild what was lost?

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    There's also plenty of small shops that seem to think they deserve your business simply because they exist, yet don't provide the services to back it up.
    Sarcastic remarks can get you banned at Neptune Mountaineering
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Really Backcountry.com??

Quote Originally Posted by Lupolicious View Post
    This trainwreck would make for an interesting case study in some MBA program on how the shortsightedness of corporate HQ can damage years of goodwill/marketing/awareness/trust/authenticity by being out-of-touch with who your primary customers are.

I'd love to see how sales have changed, how the customer perception changed, and what actions management took once they realized their mistake. Is it too little too late? Is it something that will blow over? What's the permanent fallout? How long will it take to rebuild what was lost?
    Yea, it really does kind of suck. Was definitely in the dark about the ways of the big dog lawyers for TSG until this whole thing came to light. And while in the past BC.com has had decent prices on some things, I also ordered from them before they hooked me up numerous times with no questions asked. Point being, the people that we as consumers were in contact with were and are stand up people and it sucks that some white collar douches just tarnished something they have worked hard to build.

That said, won’t be buying from them again anytime soon. This may be a good opportunity for a new startup.

At the end of the day, and in reading the FB spew...the participants seem drunk on their new-found power and want to destroy BC.com. What was a decision at the top could affect some joe blow employees much more than any upper management.

I wonder if this kind of consumer action/awareness will bleed over to trademark infringement on things that are not sexy ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I sent emails to companies that I do business with that supply bcdotcom asking that they reconsider doing business with them

that’s about all I can do
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Campbell's filed a trademark application to trademark 'chunky' in 2018.

I guess soup doesn't get some people excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Campbell's filed a trademark application to trademark 'chunky' in 2018.

'Chunky' is not PC though, no one cares. If they tried to go after 'thicccc' : different story.

other than soups and peanut butters, nobody wants to be chunky...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    At the end of the day, and in reading the FB spew...the participants seem drunk on their new-found power and want to destroy BC.com. What was a decision at the top could affect some joe blow employees much more than any upper management.
    Thinks this is a stupid movement.
    ...Follows the FB page and has the most posts in this thread.

The one that makes them dead to me is bringing legal action against a tiny company that focuses on avalanche safety. They could've went the opposite way.. Promoting Backcountry Babes, selling Marquette skis, etc.. That would've solidified their position as a decent company.

Maybe they tried, got rejected and got butthurt.

They're exposed now though. Good luck putting that toothpaste back in the tube..

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."

slightly off topic; 15yrs ago in my work industry (automotive), one of the large automakers contracted a small law firm to handle their "trademark" issues. Basically saying "you handle this, and you get 20% of whatever you take in".

While a good idea on the surface, the end result was an obvious nightmare. The law firm after a short while was sending C&D letters to any company who says they even worked on the automaker's cars. The smaller garages and parts stores shut down. The medium ones shelled out "penalties" of $10-50k, even though 98% of them had done nothing wrong. A small minority told the law firm to pound sand.

The automaker took a MASSIVE PR hit among the real "enthusiasts" in that particular market. The everyday Schmoe never knew any of this was going on in the background. Eventually word got back to the automaker about what the lawyers were doing, and finally put a stop to it, but it was a couple years too late. It took over 10yrs for things to recover.

I can see the same situation playing out over and over in different markets, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I guess you haven’t been in the east coast roll call thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Thinks this is a stupid movement.
    ...Follows the FB page and has the most posts in this thread.
    You can't not follow it. Apparently cars were vandalized and people were threatened today. Classy.

The item that should really get the collective up in arms, is BC’s mandatory arbitration clause with a class action waiver clause imposed for the privilege of buying from them. Arbitration is neither inexpensive nor quick, so that is not the reason BC makes you agree to arbitration to make a purchase with an “I accept” click. Rather, thanks to the deceased Antonin Scalia and his Federalist cronies elevating the Federal Arbitration Act of 1925 as more important than the Magna Carte, the Torah and the U.S. Constitution combined, consumer arbitration clauses (and employment arbitration clauses) with class action waivers are valid “as negotiated” even though they are really never negotiated between mega-corp., and the consumer.

So what is the big deal? A hypothetical: if BC (or any mega corp.) decides to jam an extra $5.99 fee for say “shipping,” that you did not agree to, was undisclosed or hidden in the “small print” (and I have no facts to suggest they have or plan to do so), they know only a fool or a lunatic would pursue a refund of $5.99. So, without the threat of a collective action (a/k/a consumer class action) mega-corp., now knows they can scam 100,000 customers of $5.99, with no financial or legal blow-back.

So if you are no longer taking the time to surf BC’s site for a deal, take the time to tell your senator to support the FAIR Act. More info here: https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/...-bill-fair-act

Not sure if this was posted but LIKE!

https://blisterreview.com/industry-n...lgj4zkkpDcyIVc

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post

100%. Fuck em. They are on my 4 year forgiveness plan.
    I guess (my hunch) they wanted to get everyone else to not use the term so they could compete in those areas too ... and not have someone else with a similar name to contend with. They went after Backcountry Nitro coffee .. probably because they want to capitalize on the 'backcountry' branding of coffee in the future. Etc. They didn't do it just to protect brand, they did it to expand their branding.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post

meh the gapers widget reviewing guy
    trys to hard to sheen again
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    You can relax your cockholster, he's already sucking his own dick.
    2 drops of lutz
    bordering on 3
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

BC caved and issued an apology lol.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    2 drops of lutz
    bordering on 3
    Almost a triple lutz!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    BC caved and issued an apology lol.
    Where? And of course they did. Apologies don’t mean much unless you actually do something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Bob View Post
    Where? And of course they did. Apologies don’t mean much unless you actually do something different.
    It was far from an apology

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    It was far from an apology
    It was an apology.

For getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    I guess you haven’t been in the east coast roll call thread.
    Odd that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........