Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Although they may sometimes overlap, hedge funds and private equity are different. Leverage buyouts are the defining activity of Private Equity. Both, however, are alternative investments.
    I think we'll need to know where your Dad works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

If you really want to get aggravated, review their Terms of Use. For the privilege of buying from them, they impose mandatory arbitration with a class action waiver, albeit you may opt out within 30 days by writing to their legal counsel, and limit your damage claims to $100 or the price of your purchase. Of course, since mandatory arbitration is so wonderful they have carved out their own trademark claims from being subject to arbitration. Way to stick it to your customers!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Maybe f=ma is stuckathuntermtn's dad?

Maybe SoftBank?

Still waiting for my cease and desist letter in the mail!
    Time for the good ol'fashun boycott. Find something cheaper on backcountry website... hit up evo and their price match!

Anyone else get an email last night from Backcountry announcing a new membership program with cash back and some other things? seems like odd timing.... It's called "Summit Club"

On that note, EVO.com is run by a diehard former pro skier (Bryce Phillips), has three brick and mortar locations that are basically community hubs by themselves, and is a rad company all the way around.

Unless they trademark EVO and start going after extra virgin olive oil makers the world over....they'll be getting my money. Way smaller selection than BC.com, but a good online biz to support.

Great sale on skis going on right now too - ends in a few hours.

Background: https://www.evo.com/crew

Story: https://www.powder.com/the-peoples-skier/

Whoa, this is some hardcore fluffery https://www.outsideonline.com/239917...bryce-phillips
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Unless they trademark EVO and start going after extra virgin olive oil makers the world over....they'll be getting my money.
    Funny you say that, I actually wound up buying a bunch of gear when the shopping list said EVOO. I thought it was weird that it was listed with fruit and vegetables, but who am I to question the list? Anyway, probably a great lawsuit there.

we need to flood the email and chat and phone contacts and tell these assholes to fuck off
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

He work's at Microsoft, and if you're not nice to me, I'll have him ban your XBOX account for life.

In case anyone's wondering and it hasn't been posted (didn't wade through this whole thread), here are the brands owned by TSG. I'm not going to shop any of these companies so long as this ridiculousness continues.

http://www.tsgconsumer.com/portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    we need to flood the email and chat and phone contacts and tell these assholes to fuck off
    Please be respectful to the gearheads and CSRs and let them know it’s nothing personal at all, you just want their boss’s boss’s boss’s boss’s IP firm and brand advisors to fuck off because they are going after their very own customers, people who help make the outdoors recreation ecosystem meaningful with valuable services and goods not offered by a mega conglomerate like TSG Consumer Group, so the overlords not need prey on every single company that potentially maybe just a little bit threatens the monolithic brand value of a single fucking word.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

yup

Really Backcountry.com??

I have not shopped at backcountry dot com for years. I always find better deals elsewhere. I get pro deals mostly and I’m quite selective in what I buy retail. I don’t buy anything from any company in the corporate profile. Not on purpose, I looked through the profile and I don’t see anything I ever buy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    In case anyone's wondering and it hasn't been posted (didn't wade through this whole thread), here are the brands owned by TSG. I'm not going to shop any of these companies so long as this ridiculousness continues.

Canyon bikes really screwed over a friend of mine, and it wasn't about a bike or warranty issue, but something that truly affected his/her life. Can't go into details, but Canyon can seriously F-off.

Anyhow, haven't really bought anything from BC since I found out Moosejaw has an everyday 20% discount for military and first responders, plus their awesome 50% rewards around Black Friday. Score some major deals if you plan ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Anyhow, haven't really bought anything from BC since I found out Moosejaw...
    Pick your battles; isn’t Moosejaw owned by Walmart?

Just sayin’...

ain’t shopped there neither

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Anyone else get an email last night from Backcountry announcing a new membership program with cash back and some other things? seems like odd timing.... It's called "Summit Club"
    I got that a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post

That’s a consistently unimpressive lineup. I presume their business model is picking up mediocre brands whose ethics are a handbrake on profitability, and applying the usual ruthless corporate playbook.

Really Backcountry.com??

Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 11-05-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    That’s a consistently unimpressive lineup.
    If we’re looking at the same link, you’re Dad didn’t work for Goldman Sachs.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Really Backcountry.com??

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I’ll ask dan in the am if I see him
    Haha. I learned about Flylow sitting at a bar while Dan poured the drinks. The hookup code he gave me for his site was 666. I went and picked up my jacket from a box under his front porch. Dude is legit!

And tbh, I was like “I don’t know man, a telemark specific clothing company? People still do that?” I’m glad it all worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Please be respectful to the gearheads and CSRs and let them know it’s nothing personal at all, you just want their boss’s boss’s boss’s boss’s IP firm and brand advisors to fuck off because they are going after their very own customers, people who help make the outdoors recreation ecosystem meaningful with valuable services and goods not offered by a mega conglomerate like TSG Consumer Group, so the overlords not need prey on every single company that potentially maybe just a little bit threatens the monolithic brand value of a single fucking word.
    Yeah.

King billionaire douche -

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah.

King billionaire douche -
    He looks like 3/4 of the white guys you see walking around Aspen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post

I did and replied back to them why I'll never be buying from them again