Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 640
  1. #576
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Start with Snowbird
    Agreed. Most unethical resort in the Wasatch.

  2. #577
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by asbvt View Post
    I've tried 3 times over the last 10 days to have my account removed and although each time they say it'll happen the next day it still has not been deleted.

    Each reaction and "apology" has been a reaction to their consumer, not a change in beliefs....
    report their useless shitty spam as spam.

    every day this gets better and better as a case study in "how can we fuck up more and more and more because we are a specialty retailer who doesn't really know who are customers are, or give a fuck about them, but we've pretended too ever since the dumbcunt private equity GSAs bought us"

    buy from backcountrygear.com

  3. #578
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Eugenio Oregůn
    Posts
    7,132
    Yes please do! I live in Eugene and we need these guys to stay in business. It reminds me of Marmot Mountain Works in terms of the staff they hire (awesome stoked locals getting outside) but has an actual fulfillment warehouse and a functioning website (vs MMW which didnít survive the e-tail sales transition).
    _______________________________________________
    "Strapping myself to a sitski built with 30lb of metal and fibreglass then trying to water ski in it sounds like a stupid idea to me.

    I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

  4. #579
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Those are the questions.
    TSG put them up to it so boycott may have to continue until TSG feels the pinch. The pain of reduced profits is the only teacher fit for such people.

    Remember Vermonster?
    This is it...it starts and stops with TSG. This all stems from them in the first place if you look at the finer details of this whole mess. They just used backcountry.com as the catalyst to sue so many companies of which had no risk to backcountry.com but risk to other companies they were trying to grow within their portfolio. Devil is in the details.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

    P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

  5. #580
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    205
    screw those guys

  6. #581
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ventura Highway in the Sunshine
    Posts
    21,350
    Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Yes please do! I live in Eugene and we need these guys to stay in business. It reminds me of Marmot Mountain Works in terms of the staff they hire (awesome stoked locals getting outside) but has an actual fulfillment warehouse and a functioning website (vs MMW which didn’t survive the e-tail sales transition).
    I just want to know when we can start drinking Duckhorn cab again, not that I can afford it very often.

    I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

  7. #582
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ventura Highway in the Sunshine
    Posts
    21,350
    Oh, and BTW I just want to post that DaveTv proves once again what an ass he is. Not doubt heavily invested in BC.com

    I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

  8. #583
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,312
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Oh, and BTW I just want to post that DaveTv proves once again what an ass he is. Not doubt heavily invested in BC.com
    Who?

    [ignore]
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  9. #584
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    T.ride
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Agreed. Most unethical resort in the Wasatch.
    Not to derail this thread..(more) but there are 2 resorts in the Wasatch that don't allow snowboarders.

    Also.. If bc.com had 3000vert of tram accessed goods.. well they could sue whomever they damn well please, I'm still gonna hit it up for some laps. But to fill the role as an intermediary between me and my shit.. I'll find someone else.

    Still not a peep from any employees?

  10. #585
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,481
    apparently they fired the company who was doing their legal stuff

  11. #586
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    9,757
    Apparently they also fired the company that allows you to unsubscribe to their marketing emails...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  12. #587
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Apparently they also fired the company that allows you to unsubscribe to their marketing emails...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Mark then as spam and move on.

  13. #588
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    20,069
    That's got to at least be against the terms of service of whatever they're using to email people.

    And no one else has the color/size Quantum Pro that I want. (If I even get one). Is MiCol stocking up anytime soon?
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  14. #589
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    137
    All of this is what happens when spreadsheet meets greed, lack of ethics. unbridled drive.

    Backcountry.com has spoken their hearts. Actions are louder than words.

    Speaking of unchecked greed, I passed through Jackson yesterday and saw the MASSIVE new parking lots they've built? Ikon is just showing its colors.

  15. #590
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    8,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Greedy assholes. Yes itís par for the course - anyone remember the Monster Cable lawsuits and cease and desist attacks from a few years back? https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...l-losing.shtml

    Iíll try to avoid shopping at Backcuntry since they are assholes and in no way should own the descriptive term backcountry since itís, unlike backcountry.com, not IMO a trademark able term.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That monster cable guy lived up the hill from me in Hillsborough, Ca. He had a 500,000 USD Careera GT with a license plate that said monster something. Anyway, heís pull up to Starbucks almost every morning and park in front of the fire hydrant. Heíd take the $200, or whatever, ticket and just jump back in.


    Probably cheaper than removing a ding from a carbon fiber door.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #591
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    26
    No way in hell I'm ever buying anything from these guys again. Any "amends" they are making now are too late, they've shown their true colors

  17. #592
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    I'm just horrified.

    I don't know how I can ever tour again.

  18. #593
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,910
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'm just horrified.

    I don't know how I can ever tour again.
    But I’ve got my microbus all packed and ready, and your studio albums are so awful.

  19. #594
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,255
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    But I’ve got my microbus all packed and ready, and your studio albums are so awful.
    oh he got all of that one, its long and it may not be playable......

  20. #595
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    2000 miles from snow.
    Posts
    1,317
    My new (within 30 days) Arcteryx Beta just boxed up for return to BC tomorrow. Everytime I looked at it I got a foul feeling, Gonna sue me too BC?

  21. #596
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolie12 View Post
    My new (within 30 days) Arcteryx Beta just boxed up for return to BC tomorrow. Everytime I looked at it I got a foul feeling, Gonna sue me too BC?
    Arcteryx outlet in Ogden


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  22. #597
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    2000 miles from snow.
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Arcteryx outlet in Ogden


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Evo is cheaper

  23. #598
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,658
    Does anyone listen to the Wintry Mix podcast? He had the owner of Marquette Backcountry skis on, who is one of the small business owners who is being sued and has to spend all this money defending his invention. All I have to say is FUCK YOU BACKCOUNTRY.COM

  24. #599
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    5,157
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Does anyone listen to the Wintry Mix podcast? He had the owner of Marquette Backcountry skis on, who is one of the small business owners who is being sued and has to spend all this money defending his invention. All I have to say is FUCK YOU BACKCOUNTRY.COM
    You should read the latest on this....BC.com and Marquette have come together with BC.com dropping their suit and the two of them collaborating for marketing his skis. They also fired their IP legal firm and are allegedly reaching out to others whose lives they made miserable. Who knows what will come of this but they look like they're trying to make amends, at least to the outside world. Time will tell....

  25. #600
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,658
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    You should read the latest on this....BC.com and Marquette have come together with BC.com dropping their suit and the two of them collaborating for marketing his skis. They also fired their IP legal firm and are allegedly reaching out to others whose lives they made miserable. Who knows what will come of this but they look like they're trying to make amends, at least to the outside world. Time will tell....
    Thatís good to hear. I was getting so angry listening to his story and pain but anyway, good to hear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •