Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    The circle-jerkers disagree with you so...flame on. You 100% on point though.
    it's the internet don't belive anything you read

hell I could be sitting here with three kids late for work, a wife who hasn't blown me in weeks, in debt, totally fucked
    or maybe I'm just some single guy in a ski town living the dream

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    There is a HUDGE amount of hypocrisy from those getting 'offended' by Backcountry.com's shitty actions, then turn around and order something using their Amazon Prime account. Users of the Amazon Deathstar have done far more damage to thousands of small businesses by virtue of killing us off by 'the death of a thousand knife cuts'.
    You're generalizing. You have no idea how many people don't buy from those assholes either.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    There is a HUDGE amount of hypocrisy from those getting 'offended' by Backcountry.com's shitty actions, then turn around and order something using their Amazon Prime account. Users of the Amazon Deathstar have done far more damage to thousands of small businesses by virtue of killing us off by 'the death of a thousand knife cuts'.
    amazon didnt fuck my maggot bro powstash or directly fuck any mags that i know of
    if you carried a
    Tom
    Fuckin
    Petty
    twill caps
    id sure by them from you or another small maggot company
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    dont know that ive heard them putting people out of business via trademarks. They are beating the competition on price and delivery which is how retail works. They built a better mouse trap. I dont agree with a lot of things they do, but its not the same comparison.

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Really Backcountry.com??

maybe an opportunity for a smaller online retailer with a loyal following to expand their business

BUY FROM SLIDEWRIGHT
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

just wanted to quote this
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    huh
    my dad is a mostly retired venture capitalist with a private firm who dumps most of his money into medical devices and engineering
    Give him a ring. See if he thinks BC.com was bought for its ability to barely stay in business.

...which is why no one felt all that loyal to them anyway, and probably why no one expects to have much difficulty staying away. The Wal-Mart/Amazon/Backcountry model isn't really all that likely to generate irresistible deals.

huh
    my dad is a mostly retired venture capitalist with a private firm who dumps most of his money into medical devices and engineering
    Could he beat up a Goldman Sachs Dad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

don't really get what the problem is or why anyone gives a crap
    like everything in this country its a race to the bottom no one wants to spend a penny more than they have too
    everyone wants the cheapest goods and services
    backcountry is the same as walmart amazon target on and on
    anyone buying shit from them has been supporting a predatory shit asshole business for years without a care in the world until now when they stand up for a week or two shaming the big company they have been sucking dick for years with standing up and shaming back country makes everyone feel so good that they can help the "little guy out" but in two weeks everyone is back buying shit from them because they are offering free shipping and the lowest price possible without going out of business

support small businesses go down the street pay a little more talk with someone who lives in your area
    your all fucks for not doing that in the first place
    BC gear pullers have bikes. They do not have robots that run them over like amazon. I don’t think they have timers for gear pulls like amazon. They get ski time and pass hookups. I think you have amazon confused with something else.

Now that said this is a terrible corporate move and I have had it with them over this.

But just want you to understand how the real world works. Workers get half off at BC and amazon workers are not allowed to use the bathroom. It’s just a bit of a difference I know, but try to stay with me on how things work at these two companies. I know cause some of the workers I have talked to over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Could he beat up a Goldman Sachs Dad?
    This is the type of hard-hitting question we need!

Wait, did Amazon sue the jungle over use of the name?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

So are you against this customer pushback against BC.com? If not, why not be happy that folks are willing to take this small step in the right direction?

I guess my questions is why do you feel the need to find a way to put a negative connotation on something you likely view as positive?

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Wait, did Amazon sue the jungle over use of the name?
    I think they're too busy suing the DoD about pulling the cloud contract because the Washington Post was mean to Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Really Backcountry.com??

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    The circle-jerkers disagree with you so...flame on. You 100% on point though.
    You can relax your cockholster, he's already sucking his own dick.

(snip) I'm just some single guy in a ski town living the dream

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    So are you against this customer pushback against BC.com? If not, why not be happy that folks are willing to take this small step in the right direction?

I guess my questions is why do you feel the need to find a way to put a negative connotation on something you likely view as positive?
    (FTR, this drift was started in response to Fastfred's comment)

Of course I think the push back is great. As is this short term support of small businesses. The optics are great on this and people can get likes on Insta-Facebook, make a bunch of noise or whatever supporting this cause and a few businesses that are getting screwed. Then after a couple weeks and when the dust settles, everyone goes back to not truly following through with real and sustainable support for small businesses in general. Metaphorically, it's like sending thoughts and prayers to hurricane victims without actually helping all of them and forgetting about them after it's no longer in the news and they still need on going support.

One example, is the 'rationalized and incremental' using of the resources and time of small business to make a purchase decision (trying on gear, asking questions, using their tips, expertise and assistance, etc) and then purchasing elsewhere is NOT SUPPORTING small businesses long term and is possibly far more detrimental than this trademark issue.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 11-07-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Of course I think the push back is great. As is this short term support of small businesses. The optics are great on this and people can get likes on Insta-Facebook, make a bunch of noise or whatever supporting this cause and a few businesses that are getting screwed. Then after a couple weeks and when the dust settles, everyone goes back to not truly following through with real and sustainable support for small businesses in general. Metaphorically, it's like sending thoughts and prayers to hurricane victims without actually helping all of them and forgetting about them after it's no longer in the news and they still need on going support.

One example, is using the resources and time of small business to make a purchase decision (trying on gear, asking questions, using their tips, expertise and assistance, etc) and then purchasing elsewhere is NOT SUPPORTING small businesses long term and is possibly far more detrimental than this trademark issue.
    shit, don't light a match.
    so many strawmen in here the place will explode

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    shit, don't light a match.
    so many strawmen in here the place will explode
    Yeah, I knew I should have stayed out of this.....I'll go crawl into the bomb shelter.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

One example, is the 'rationalized and incremental' using of the resources and time of small business to make a purchase decision (trying on gear, asking questions, using their tips, expertise and assistance, etc) and then purchasing elsewhere is NOT SUPPORTING small businesses long term and is possibly far more detrimental than this trademark issue.
    You're not wrong, but you are generalizing again. Not everyone does as you described, but sadly I would assume most do. So yeah, fuck them.

Where is the the list of douchey and/or unrepentant and/or pseudo-repentent ski industry companies that should be avoided?

What about ski hills? Are there some that should still be avoided or boycotted (no prejudice to the decent staff that work there)?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Also wondering if there is any papers on Consumer Outrage Theory and Dynamics? How long till this blows over? Empirical evidence that outrage works? Is there a CBD Outrage Cream for people that are really suffering? Where can I buy the "SJW Ski"? How about the "It's an Outrage Ski"? Perhaps, TGR needs and "Consumer Awareness and Responsible Purchasing" category? That's all for now.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    You're not wrong, but you are generalizing again. Not everyone does as you described, but sadly I would assume most do. So yeah, fuck them.
    Agreed. It's likely the way of the majority, but the presumption that there aren't folks in this community and elsewhere that possess the minimal moral fortitude that's required to boycott a petulant corporation for the long term is an unfair characterization IMO.

It's also a generalization that ALL small businesses and shops deserve your support. Many do, and I enjoy the process of seeking out these places out and returning (ie Larry's, Bentgate, GBS, WildyX, Barnsley, etc.). There's also plenty of small shops that seem to think they deserve your business simply because they exist, yet don't provide the services to back it up.

Metaphorically, it's like sending thoughts and prayers to hurricane victims without actually helping all of them and forgetting about them after it's no longer in the news and they still need on going support.
    Actually, it would be exactly like giving food, water and shelter to the victims for the first couple weeks after the disaster, and then forgetting all about them.

Is it ideal? No. Is it still tangibly helping and one helluva lot better than doing nothing? yes.

Do you also rag on folks who donate to food shelters during the holidays, because they don't donate all year round. smh.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    There's also plenty of small shops that seem to think they deserve your business simply because they exist, yet don't provide the services to back it up.
    Word to that.

Amazing how fast "goodwill" and marketing investments were vaporized by some disconnected lawyer thinking he is doing the company right.