Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Twits ban political advertising.

Nice to see a major social network do something about the problem of uncontrolled targeted political ads. The problem is not fixed of course, but it's an interesting step in the right direction for social media.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/30/t...l-ads-ban.html

Interesting and dramatic change of course.

Until this minute I wouldn't have let Zuckerberg blow me but now I would.

Nice to see a company act in a responsible manor. I guess it will take legislation to get the others onboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

"Responsible Manor" is something Cleese could work with.

Next target the bots and all the stupid people. Ok, if I can only choose one, make it the stupid people that go bye bye.

I know, my spelling sucks lately. Lack of concentration from the damn diet I am on. I hate having to get into shape for ski season.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Twitter co-founder and CEO Jack Dorsey said, "This isn’t about free expression. This is about paying for reach. And paying to increase the reach of political speech has significant ramifications that today’s democratic infrastructure may not be prepared to handle. It’s worth stepping back in order to address."

He also took another shot at Zuckerberg's Facebook, "For instance, it‘s not credible for us to say: “We’re working hard to stop people from gaming our systems to spread misleading info, buuut if someone pays us to target and force people to see their political ad…well...they can say whatever they want! ”"

https://twitter.com/jack

"Poly ass" comes to mind.

Everything's political now bro. The bad guys made it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Next target the bots and all the stupid people. Ok, if I can only choose one, make it the stupid people that go bye bye.
    If it makes you feel any better 30% of the bell curve of people you meet throughout life have a working iq between retarded and functioning idiot.

There will always be a 30% that just don’t get it, follow ideology over logic or are just batshit insane. These people vote, have driving privileges and the worst offenders go into politics.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Interesting and dramatic change of course.

Until this minute I wouldn't have let Zuckerberg blow me but now I would.
    Do you think this figured into his decision?

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    If it makes you feel any better 30% of the bell curve of people you meet throughout life have a working iq between retarded and functioning idiot.

There will always be a 30% that just don’t get it, follow ideology over logic or are just batshit insane. These people vote, have driving privileges and the worst offenders go into politics.
    I see these people everyday and thank the stars I am not one of them, what a miserable existence. And as bad is those that lack common sense.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post

I can forgive them much easier if they keep their mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I see these people everyday and thank the stars I am not one of them, what a miserable existence. And as bad is those that lack common sense.
    Your scorecard may be subject to review.

is the OP serious?

twitter is rife with bots, bad actors and stupid shit and Jack-off doesn't give a shit because he's jerking him off inbetween deep kale colonics, meditation, and spiritual no-talking retreats in ethnic purging dictatorships.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    is the OP serious?

twitter is rife with bots, bad actors and stupid shit and Jack-off doesn't give a shit because he's jerking him off inbetween deep kale colonics, meditation, and spiritual no-talking retreats in ethnic purging dictatorships.
    Nailed it. It has nothing to do with "doing the right thing." Leave it to Jack to act all sanctimonious about it, though. What a douche.
    Plus all this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_of_Twitter
    https://www.businessinsider.com/twit...-censor-2017-6

A classic JRE episode. Definitely worth a listen. I don't trust those scumbag tech bros at Twatter whatsoever:

The YT comments are freaking hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    is the OP serious?

Extra points for casting stones at Faceplace for making money off political ads when Twitter can only hemorrhage cash. Interesting way to take the high ground there Jack.
    I still call it The Jake.

All they need to do is charge tRump a million bucks per post. Not that he has any money, the grifter.

We’ll make Americans everywhere pay for these big beautiful tweets.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    All they need to do is charge tRump a million bucks per post. Not that he has any money, the grifter.
    What you talkin bout Willis? He's got the whole US Treasury!

He seems to be taking the ad ban personally. Tweet rage deployed

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    What you talkin bout Willis? He's got the whole US Treasury!
    At least the Doral.

So, the man who gives Trump a free daily platform gets all righteous and shit. Fuck him.

I read that Twitter's political ad revenue was something like 2-5% of Facebook's political ad revenue.

If true it’s interesting

Twitters annual revenue $3 billion for 2018, Facebooks annual revenue $55 billion for 2018, 5.4%

not terribly interesting that the political ad revenue as proportion of total revenue is roughly proportional