Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    I recall BMG starting as RCA music club, and they had a lesser "full price" purchase requirement than Columbia House. IIRC it was something like 8 for 1, and Columbia was more - like 12 up front then you had to buy 6 or something. And if you didn't mail back the postcard each month, they'd ship you the monthly selection.

I got a lot of LPs and CDs from RCA / BMG.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Yeah I joined Columbia house like 4-5 times, I'd fulfill the obligation, then quit, then do it over again. Got a lot of good music out of it for a relative bargain for the time.

Columbia House worked well if you were on top of that plan, but they were experts at getting you to forget to decline the album of the month. Someone should make a compilation of all that garbage. That would be a good torture device

Yeah I definitely got some albums I didn't want but at least they counted towards the number you needed to buy.

This article was on one of my news feeds this morning:
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...tion-z-begins/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FT_19.01.17_generations_2019.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	301633

So, kids born this year are probably going to end up in the next generation after GenZ.
    Kind of crazy to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Wow! What area of the (dark) continent did you grow up? We had apple IIe in the class in 85, and an amiga 1000(?) computer lab by '87. And this was in bumfuck kootenays (it was real depressed there following the late 70's/early 80's economic crashes. Amazing those 64's lasted so many years!
    Bumfuck western Massachusetts.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdpeirce View Post
    So, kids born this year are probably going to end up in the next generation after GenZ.
    Gen ZZ Top.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Or is it Gen JZ.

Oh well, whatever, nevermind.

IME, Boomers may go to 1964 but those born after about 1960 may have more in common with Gen Xers

I love Millennials. Their job requirements get me stuff like bike parking and a gym at work. Boomers were too stupid to ask for that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    IME, Boomers may go to 1964 but those born after about 1960 may have more in common with Gen Xers

I love Millennials. Their job requirements get me stuff like bike parking and a gym at work. Boomers were too stupid to ask for that shit.
    Those millenials also get FMLA/ADA leave from work for their debilitating social media related anxiety and depression. “I’m sad today, my disability is not allowing me to perform my job, I’m a victim”

Whatever happened to pushing those feelings deep deep down within your soul until they magically disappear?

They don't drink enough to make that work.

Amateurs.

They go straight to fentanyl and O.D

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So what's with the OK BOOMER thing?

Please address me properly...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Fraction of all US wealth owned by Boomers & Gen-Xers when the average member of each was age 35:

Boomers, 1989 21%
    GenX, 2008 8%

The average Millennial turns 35 in 2023. Right now they own 3%.

https://twitter.com/KBAndersen/statu...581562368?s=20

Ok, Boomer is short hand for no longer having the patience to repetitively explain the most simple concepts, facts, and realities of the modern world to an aging population of complete idiots. Instead acknowledging we are dealing with a generation so entirely incompetent we are amazed they didn’t all starve to death despite having the world delivered on a platter, and are just waiting for them to die out so humanity can progress.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Ok, Boomer is short hand for no longer having the patience to repetitively explain the most simple concepts, facts, and realities of the modern world to an aging population of complete idiots. Instead acknowledging we are dealing with a generation so entirely incompetent we are amazed they didn’t all starve to death despite having the world delivered on a platter, and are just waiting for them to die out so humanity can progress.
    At least they managed to fuck, pop you out and cut the cord without strangling you with it. So there's that...

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Haha. A phrase that comes to mind is “The older I get, the smarter my dad gets.” Looking forward to see how well millennials are handling things while I sit drooling on my lap in the old folks detention camp.

Xavier needs to stop hanging out at Walmart.

Millennials are pissed that instead of giving money to them boomers are spending it on living longer. They're the Prince Charles of generations, sitting in the wings getting old while the person they need to die seems quite happy to keep on living. And living, and living. Have fun with that, Charlies.