Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Here. With Blue walls on a skiing enthusiast lifestyle community forum.
    Come to the bright side bro. It's a click away.

It's more upbeat and shit.

My daughter refers to herself as an “elder millennial.” Born in ‘84.

Well fuck her. No wait, don't!

(just a joke. don't cancel me people)

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well fuck her. No wait, don't!

(just a joke. don't cancel me people)
    I want whatever you’re on.

Where did we end up?
    All over still. Lots of metal and punk, some weird stuff I find on Bandcamp. But it's been a while since I listened to anything from this guy https://binaerpilot.bandcamp.com/ for example. I remember he used to put out lots of music, no idea how I found him in 2003 or so but I did. Haven't actually listened to that linked album but he still is encouraging piracy of his music.

There was also these guys https://www.discogs.com/artist/64671...i-Riddim-Force
    I don't think that's all their releases at all. And I couldn't tell you how I stumbled onto their music.

I'm sure there still an element of this wildness out there online still but it feels like lots of stuff got more and more siloed off by scene. So it gets harder to stumble on the weird stuff that just kind of clicks. There used to be a guy, or group, in a big I followed that digitized bootleg Soviet punk rock releases sometimes with no context at all beyond a picture of the envelope it came in. It's possible I just don't have the time to find and follow these people anymore. Maybe I should look. That Music from Sahara cell phones album reminded me of that period
    https://sahelsounds.bandcamp.com/alb...ran-cellphones

Come to the bright side bro. It's a click away.

It's more upbeat and shit.
    I prefer the dark screen. Haven't seen the old blue walls in a while. I should log on from my PC sometime. Name:  Screenshot_20191030-164758.jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  40.5 KB

Danno:

The answer is Yes.

Born in '84 would be in my strike zone but I'm already spoken for. Not to be a perv or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    You didn’t start early enough.

Boomers 1944-64
    Gen X 1965-85
    Millennials 1985-05
    Etc.

Gotta start from WW2.
    This X2...common knowledge.

The Atlantic/Wire article runs off the rails after the author decides to add their personal angle.

I'm a Fall '65 Baby. Scorpion X.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    My daughter refers to herself as an “elder millennial.” Born in ‘84.
    Yep. Starts in 81 or 82, depending on which demographer you ask.

But we're also Xennials, if you still count the microgeneration.

Fuck, I haven't thought about Kazaa or Limewire for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    This X2...common knowledge.

The Atlantic/Wire article runs off the rails after the author decides to add their personal angle.

I'm a Fall '65 Baby. Scorpion X.
    Hey. I’m a Scorpion X. Knew I liked you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Baby boomer, Gen X, etc: what are the names and cutoff years?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Raises hand. Netscape peaked right around the time that LimeWire was the go-to source for illegally downloaded music, which was then played on WinAmp. That was the post-Napster, pre-Facebook era.
    Same, that was a fun web era. Born Jan’86

Anyone remember Audiogalaxy? MP3 download site, black background iirc. That may have been the peak MP3 site pre-Napster, at least it was for me and my middle school buddies.

I continued to use Winamp way after iTunes became the popular MP3 player, even for illegal downloads. Felt I had to utilize my expanded equalizer plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    What’s the generation who both used Netscape and can tell the difference between Tesla and Uber?
    I remember using Netscape Composer to build a couple websites with middle school students in 2000. The project was considered kind of cutting edge for a student teacher in rural Montana. I wonder if any of those kids remember. I guess they would have been born around 1987.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    a boomer by a day and a couple hours
    im with ice I don't identify or care much for either
    the bums don't need to identify with generations
    each has their own of our kind
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Born in '84 would be in my strike zone but I'm already spoken for.
    She’s spoken for too.

I am thinking in todays world I can pick the Gen. I want to identify with.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Are we going to have to identify this stuff in e-mails n shit? I am still trying to figure out my pronouns.

You only get one

:shakesfist:

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    There was a cool window of opportunity where nobody has a good plan for streaming music so lots of music blogs had mp3s embedded directly in them. Songbird (from Mozilla?) Let you save all sort of like a right click - inspect element command. I got into so many strange types of music that way around middle School when I was figuring out what I was into. Eastern European electronic weirdness and punk, anarchist Spanish punk, South American power metal, open source music labels. Unfortunately that was before I knew to back up my shit. Every now and then I'll remember a band name and try to find their music but a lot of it doesn't seem to have lasted online.
    Even Napster was great.

I remember when I found this song and was so stoked, no way you’d ever find random music before this.

https://youtu.be/2POSebkZ2wc

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    There was a cool window of opportunity where nobody has a good plan for streaming music so lots of music blogs had mp3s embedded directly in them. Songbird (from Mozilla?) Let you save all sort of like a right click - inspect element command. I got into so many strange types of music that way around middle School when I was figuring out what I was into. Eastern European electronic weirdness and punk, anarchist Spanish punk, South American power metal, open source music labels. Unfortunately that was before I knew to back up my shit. Every now and then I'll remember a band name and try to find their music but a lot of it doesn't seem to have lasted online.
    As I was wrapping up grad school I had a temp job on campus that had about 2 hours of work in an 8 hour day. Napster had just come out, and I had a T3 connection and a Zip drive. The opportunity to find any song I wanted was amazing. We take that for granted now.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    ...no way you’d ever find random music before this.]
    I call bullshit. I know more music than you (could be wrong, but doubtful) and it all came from interest, asking somebody, not from tech of any sort.

In a bar, in Ireland, in 1990, I asked a guy what song this is:

I'm glad I did.

Solid genX. I found a set of Corel office suite on 3.5" floppies the other day. I still miss those Canadian made programs. Developed in the womb to some excellent music enhanced by electric rather than perverted by it. Last of the good acid, but I was more into zoomers. And the old school silent generation was able to provide excellent professional mentoring to my young career just before they retired.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    You only get one
    That's offensive to the multi-plural people out there. Some people just don't feel comfortable with only one pronoun.

I call bullshit. I know more music than you (could be wrong, but doubtful) and it all came from interest, asking somebody, not from tech of any sort.

In a bar, in Ireland, in 1990, I asked a guy what song this is:

I'm glad I did.
    I should of said “this easily”.

Asking people sounds exhausting, but sure, you put in enough work you could find some stuff.