Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That was Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper speaking.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

So, are these cavities in non-permanent teeth? Who cares about those? They are going to fall out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    The 3 of us just visited the dentist yesterday. We like the guy, real clean shop and excellent staff. Our 7yr old came back with 6 cavities. He was watching them for the last year, but they have gotten large enough to merit the work in his opinion. He offered to refer to another practice in Kelowna that will put our daughter under for the procedure. If it was only a couple of fillings I would have her go through it with just a local anesthetic, but 2 procedures might negatively impact her relationship with the dentist.
    I never had a cavity until college, and have run into a few drill-happy dentists over the years since. Grew up with well water with high iron content. Wife's side has had more problem teeth. Our oral hygiene practices are good and diet are excellent, but I think the girl doesn't drink enough water with her meal, especially when she is at school or friend's place.
    Any chance you go to Creekside Dental? I know Dr. Magee

https://www.creeksidedentalclinic.ca/dr-greg

We only had 1 cavity between the 2 kids and are on well water, not sure exactly what we did right but it worked out. Did always use fluoride toothpase and we were pretty strict about getting them to brush. No soda in the house pretty much ever, too.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Any chance you go to Creekside Dental? I know Dr. Magee

https://www.creeksidedentalclinic.ca/dr-greg
    Our regular dentist is Dr. Wotton in Kamloops. He is referring us to Dr. Farquhar in Kelowna.

Dr. Magee's resume on his website is quite interesting.

I've been meaning to get out and ski with him. He's a Reve guy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just had two cavities filled by a new dentist as we moved two years ago. First dentist I had in the new location I did not like, they sold me on some deep cleaning BS that did not seem to be anything more than a regular cleaning. So I see the new guy, he tells me I have two cavities, says schedule an appointment and gives me a fist bump as he leaves. That was sketchy to me, I don't know you so don't give me a fist bump.. I go back, get the two cavities filled, $325 each, that seems high. THEN, I find out the guy has a blemish on his past. He built a big house 20 years ago along with a man made water ski lake, designed for slalom skiing, long and narrow to minimize effects of wind. So he owns age based world records, damn good skier. He hosts a championship sponsored by Malibu boat company, the "Malibu Open" with 2500 people attending. His only requirement for hosting the tournament is he goes first. He runs 41 off which if you know water skiing is damn good. Only thing is when he finishes his run some other skiers notice the buoys are moving, getting wider. This guy has a submerged system that would move the buoys closer together or wider apart. He runs a narrower course and then hits a button that moves the buoys back to regulation width. He gets caught, admits it and says he has been doing this for a while and that his records were set while cheating. His world records are vacated and he gets suspended by US Water Skiing for I think it was six years. Pretty interesting YouTube video of two guys discussing the whole thing and how in hind sight if you watch him he's not that good, his technique does not match the results. Guess I am looking for another new dentist.

Did he cheat you on your filling?

I think $325 each for two fillings is a little steep.

Name:  67473429-228E-47D3-86A8-B0CCF2450601.jpeg
Views: 140
Size:  20.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Just had two cavities filled by a new dentist as we moved two years ago. First dentist I had in the new location I did not like, they sold me on some deep cleaning BS that did not seem to be anything more than a regular cleaning. So I see the new guy, he tells me I have two cavities, says schedule an appointment and gives me a fist bump as he leaves. That was sketchy to me, I don't know you so don't give me a fist bump.. I go back, get the two cavities filled, $325 each, that seems high. THEN, I find out the guy has a blemish on his past. He built a big house 20 years ago along with a man made water ski lake, designed for slalom skiing, long and narrow to minimize effects of wind. So he owns age based world records, damn good skier. He hosts a championship sponsored by Malibu boat company, the "Malibu Open" with 2500 people attending. His only requirement for hosting the tournament is he goes first. He runs 41 off which if you know water skiing is damn good. Only thing is when he finishes his run some other skiers notice the buoys are moving, getting wider. This guy has a submerged system that would move the buoys closer together or wider apart. He runs a narrower course and then hits a button that moves the buoys back to regulation width. He gets caught, admits it and says he has been doing this for a while and that his records were set while cheating. His world records are vacated and he gets suspended by US Water Skiing for I think it was six years. Pretty interesting YouTube video of two guys discussing the whole thing and how in hind sight if you watch him he's not that good, his technique does not match the results. Guess I am looking for another new dentist.
    This story is legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    This story is legendary
    Ha, WTF:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B567F8B6-1864-4993-BB29-C04FF5CD37FE.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	431443