Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Paging Parent Dentists(real dental question)

Boy 1, now almost 10 had about that many cavities filled over the last couple years. According to the dentist his teeth are staying in a bit longer than normal so that may have contributed a bit to his high # or fillings.
    Boy 2, 6.5 years, goes in today and he needs 6 fillings at $200 ea?? That's like 24 powder skirts!!!

Do any of you parents have experience with this scenario?

These kids brush 2x/day religiously. I have read up on the issues associated with baby tooth cavities bit am curious about those who many have waited a bit to see if the shit baby teeth come out sooner than later. Our main concerns are protection of underlying teeth and pain/discomfort that can lead to other issues I wont dig into. The dentist I had my whole life retired 2 years ago, the dude is a legend in the local dentist community. We feel like he always took a more conservative approach and would probably wait and see with this scenario...... My kids go in at least 2x per year for a cleaning and checkup.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

The term is "practice building" or more properly "practice billing."
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I bet they love sweets
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

My oldest had braces nothing wrong at all with the younger one's teeth. Old ortho retires and new Orthodontist tells her (12yr old at the time) that though her teeth are fine, she will "never be fully accepted in society as having perfect teeth without braces". Yeah, fuck that guy.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

what kid doesn't love sweets? All that aside though they have an incredibly healthy diet. My wife and I enjoy cooking so there is almost no processed foods, except the lunch and the 2nd breakfast at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    new Orthodontist tells her (12yr old at the time) that though her teeth are fine, she will "never be fully accepted in society as having perfect teeth without braces"
    I'd have been sorely tempted to punch him in the mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

You on well water? Big brother puts fluoride into tap water for this reason and it does work. I didn't get a cavity till I bought a house with well water and my lackadaisical brushing routine wasn't up to snuff.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    You on well water? Big brother puts fluoride into tap water for this reason and it does work.
    That's just what they want you to think.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You on well water? Big brother puts fluoride into tap water for this reason and it does work. I didn't get a cavity till I bought a house with well water and my lackadaisical brushing routine wasn't up to snuff.
    The town I grew up in had fluoridated water. I have had exactly one cavity in my life, at age 59.... Fluoride works.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ha! I grew up on well water and I didn't get a cavity until college where we had city water.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    The town I grew up in had fluoridated water. I have had exactly one cavity in my life, at age 59.... Fluoride works.
    I've lived on well water for 98% of my life. No cavities. Genetics, diet, dental hygiene are all way more important than a little fluoride in the water.

And to the OP, yeah, sounds like he's building a nice practice there. Run, don't walk, and find a new dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoMatt View Post
    I've lived on well water for 98% of my life. No cavities. Genetics, diet, dental hygiene are all way more important than a little fluoride in the water.

And to the OP, yeah, sounds like he's building a nice practice there. Run, don't walk, and find a new dentist.
    Its a long running family practice that came highly recommended. Current head dentist's pronoun is she.

City water we run through a fancy filter the wife made me install.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.
    He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.
    …...

Ask if you can save some $$ by skipping the novocaine.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Thats just TEH CHEMTRAILZ talking

Going thru a similar thing here

Our little fella (4) supposedly has a cavity. It’s not visible by eye or on x-ray.

Dentist wants to put him completely under to fill it.

We are getting a second opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Thats just TEH CHEMTRAILZ talking
    That was Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper speaking.

Do they occasionally get fluoride treatments? Maybe, they are not brushing properly? The pros seem to make a distinction between brushing up and down, or sideways? Young's do not floss, so that may be important. Maybe use of a water pic will help? I'm glad neither of my kids have ever had cavities. The cost of braces was almost too much to bear.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

My 10 year old never went under for any fillings.

I'm not a dentist but I slept with one. No harm in a second opinion but if you go into the new office screaming about cavities, they might underdiagnose to gain some patients.

Do your kids sneak anything after brushing and before bed? Sipping on juice or any sweets frequently is really bad too. Dont bath your teeth in sugar sipping on a soda or chewing a starburst every hour. Never let em have anything but water in their bedroom.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Going thru a similar thing here

Our little fella (4) supposedly has a cavity. It’s not visible by eye or on x-ray.

Dentist wants to put him completely under to fill it.

We are getting a second opinion.
    So dentist #1 is relying on dentist intuition?
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Very clever
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

The 3 of us just visited the dentist yesterday. We like the guy, real clean shop and excellent staff. Our 7yr old came back with 6 cavities. He was watching them for the last year, but they have gotten large enough to merit the work in his opinion. He offered to refer to another practice in Kelowna that will put our daughter under for the procedure. If it was only a couple of fillings I would have her go through it with just a local anesthetic, but 2 procedures might negatively impact her relationship with the dentist.
    I never had a cavity until college, and have run into a few drill-happy dentists over the years since. Grew up with well water with high iron content. Wife's side has had more problem teeth. Our oral hygiene practices are good and diet are excellent, but I think the girl doesn't drink enough water with her meal, especially when she is at school or friend's place.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Do your kids sneak anything after brushing and before bed? Never let em have anything but water in their bedroom. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    they go from the bathroom to the bedroom every night. They get little or no soda, we push water and beer on them(only local session IPA's)I doubt they are sneaking candy but they are smart/annoying as fuck like that.......

When the big brother went in they did the fillings over 3 different sessions.