Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dear Hestra

Dear Hestra

Make this glove again. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hestra-seth-morrison-pro-model-gloves-.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	300142
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Are you just after the look or is there something else specifically about that old Seth?

I work for the Canadian distributor. I can't get anything made but I can point you towards a current glove that's going to be pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Are you just after the look or is there something else specifically about that old Seth?

I work for the Canadian distributor. I can't get anything made but I can point you towards a current glove that's going to be pretty much the same.
    Mine are reaching the end of their life and I don't see anything out there that I want. I like how they are low profile with a semi short cuff. Not too puffy either with good dexterity. Bought a pair of Oyukis last year and I dont really dig them. So I want my old ones. Should have bought 2 pairs back in the day.

Free the Powder. Am I missing something?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Right now vertical cut free rides and Seth gloves are very hard to come by in size 10, especially at a discount. Maybe, I will have to check out the c. zone glove this year
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Was hoping there was someone that had a secret stash they wanted to sell or Hestra has a warehouse full of them.

There were some morrisons on steep and cheap yesterday

Have loved my Seth gloves for ten years of worshipped use. Most expensive glove I would have ever considered at the time. But now knowing they’d last for ten years makes it worth it. Mine are packing out and looking for replacement too. Thinking the vertical cut. Part I like the most is the low pro cuff but also want something that can slip on off easily without straps (for kid duties the next couple seasons).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

S&C has small sizes only, but if you are a 6 or 7 then you are in luck
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Free the Powder. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by brown9 View Post
    want something that can slip on off easily
    That's my only complaint about my FTP sx's: if my hands are at all wet (storm day), they are almost impossible to get back on. Otherwise: great gloves, for a decent price.

Anyone know how the racing model on SAC compares to the seth's? They look nearly identical in style to the seth's I have, just without their "czone". Are they comparible in warmth? If so I may give them a shot.

Agree, too bad they aren't making them anymore. Best glove ever when you could get them on sale. Not sure I'd drop $200 on them though.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    That's my only complaint about my FTP sx's: if my hands are at all wet (storm day), they are almost impossible to get back on. Otherwise: great gloves, for a decent price.
    That never happened with these. Wonder if there are any companies that recondition gloves..... That would be nice

That glove is over a decade out of production now...so you're not going to find a pair.

A touch more insulation in them but check out the Couloir.

Without the CZone but about the same warmth level as the old original Seth is the Ergo Grip Incline.

Almost no insulation but amazing feel is the Ergo Grip Active.

Those were my go to for about 3 or 4 years. Miss those gloves. I need to add a mitt to the quiver this year.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    I've never experienced that (I hate when that happens too). Since I bought mine, they've come out with a removable liner. I wonder if those are the problematic ones?

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I've never experienced that (I hate when that happens too). Since I bought mine, they've come out with a removable liner. I wonder if those are the problematic ones?

... Thom
    Mine have the removable liner. And the black and whit logo - so they're pretty recent. The inside of the liner just gets incredibly "sticky" vs wet hands.

Looks like only a few models have fixed liners these days.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

I have these gloves, and tend to think they're kinda meh. Strap is always flopping due to bad velcro, not warm enough for me during winter. My pair is probably not in measurably better condition than yours, but PM if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I have these gloves, and tend to think they're kinda meh. Strap is always flopping due to bad velcro, not warm enough for me during winter. My pair is probably not in measurably better condition than yours, but PM if interested.
    I thought I was the only one that thought this. At least their prices aren't outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    The gloves aren't tops in any categories but I am attached to them. My hands got cold and sometimes wet on multiple occasions but I still loved them. I tend to keep gear (wearing apparel) for a long time. Thanks for the offer but wearing used gloves to me is just...... nah.

Posted this and was hoping someone from Hestra was like you know what, we have a fucking ton of these in storage in a size 9 er.

Couldn't find any kind of deal on Freeride Vertical Cut in my size, so I bought a pair of Kinko all leather. I forgot just how schweet Kinko's gloves are. At least, now I won't mind if I lose my gloves

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Couldn't find any kind of deal on Freeride Vertical Cut in my size, so I bought a pair of Kinko all leather. I forgot just how schweet Kinko's gloves are. At least, now I won't mind if I lose my gloves
    Are they dexterous as fuck?

They will be. Right now, my old freerides feel as soft as lambskin, while the newly sealed Kinkos do not.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    They will be.
    In 4-5 seasons

So I went with the black diamond spark pro. They are okay but just very bulky feeling. Like wearing pillows on my hands. Hestras were not bulky and I think that's going to be hard to find. The search will continue......