Wildcat 108 Mounting Point

Just picked up a fresh pair from the website with pivots.

Recommender is -6, but I’m curious is anyone has experimented with a Wildcat mounting point at maybe a -4 to increase balance in the air and reduce swing weight.

Trying to decide where to setup these bad boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a directional skier and mounted mine on the recommended line and was happy with the results. They are nice and light in general so I feel like the swing weight is less of an issue than with heavier skis.

The Wildcats are plenty light and stable in the air on the line. Unless you are spinning and skiing switch quite a bit like the Moment athletes(who are mounting +2 or so) the line would give the best compromise of float, stability and fun in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    The Wildcats are plenty light and stable in the air on the line. Unless you are spinning and skiing switch quite a bit like the Moment athletes(who are mounting +2 or so) the line would give the best compromise of float, stability and fun in the air.
    This right here. Most people will be happy at the -6 rec line, but if you prefer a more freestyle ride with plenty of spins and flips, -4 is a great option.

Got mine at -6. Swingweight is so light that its a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Got mine at -6. Swingweight is so light that its a non-issue.
    Thanks for all the help!

Will mount at -6!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagging on. If I have to mount at -7 for holes will that matter much? Other option is +1.5

look at Hot.pockets replies in the Newschoolers thread over at NS for everything mounting related re Moments. He works for Moment and his replies are about as good as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Tagging on. If I have to mount at -7 for holes will that matter much? Other option is +1.5
    I have my regular WCs on the line and am very happy w them there but actually prefer my 108s at -7

I ski my Wildcat 108 Tour and regular Wildcat on -5cm. Haven't tried moving them further but for me it feels like -5 is enough

Go +7 and just ski switch everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ski mine recommended, -6. Could easily see going -7 and liking them there too.

Yeah, I would definitely move them behind the line and not forward, especially if it's not the 189cm length.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I mounted my 190 at -4 but use them pretty much only as a spring ski. They ski great there don't think I would go further back at all. I think if you were going for a real jibby ride -3 would be fine as well, I have considered doing that.

My other skis are are a blade optic 118 at -5, hoji at -6 and a Kyle shapes numinous at -4.5. so definitely like that 4-6 back for all my skis.

I think if you were planning to use them in deep snow ever maybe the line would be better but I think the balance point at -4 feels pretty good on this ski. Would say I'm a fairly traditional skier but spend a lot of time in the air and like a balanced ski feel.

I"m just trying to avoid some over lapping holes. I just realized this is the 108 thread, mine are 116 pretty much exclusively used for pow days. 183 length.

All of my freestyle moments are mounted on the front triangle and I love them there. Including touring models. WC108 included.

More direction skier here. I went -7 and could even see going another 0.5-1 provided you're not skiing backwards

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    look at Hot.pockets replies in the Newschoolers thread over at NS for everything mounting related re Moments. He works for Moment and his replies are about as good as they come.
    ->

Quote Originally Posted by Hot.pocket
    In general, forward puts you ahead of the sidecut apex, making the ski engage quicker and more abruptly, backwards gives more float, but turn initiation becomes delayed and feels like driving a boat. Additionally, quite a bit of this is also dependent on (word vomit) how you like to ski as well as how you like to make the ski behave in a way that allows you to ski like how you like to ski. Some employee examples below.

Both Luke and I mount the Wildcat 108 at rec.

Luke (the form lord) prefers to drive the ski and mounting on the line rewards his aggressive, racer stance when skiing fast through a variety of terrain. Why doesn't he mount back a bit to give him more ski up front? Because this puts him behind the apex of the sidecut, making turn initiation slower and creating a feeling of driving a boat, where the turn is ever so slightly delayed from input to output, not something most ex racers are fans of.

I (the wiggle worm) like to ski with a more centered stance and tend to surf and slash my way through stuff, remaining light on my feet. I don't have the raw skiing strength or technique of Luke, so I try to 'bob and float' through chop and crud as opposed to simply bashing through it. Why don't I mount forward for added maneuverability? Because I like the consistency of the turn on the rec line and am not as much of a fan of the 'twitchiness' that can arise by bumping forward, as being in front of the sidecut apex will push the ski to engage quicker in the turn. I've adapted how I make the ski behave to allow me to remain on the rec line for turn consistency, while also increasing the maneuverability by being light on my feet (lots of keeping the tips planted while lifting the tails up / throwing them around, and being very over the front of my boots).

Fasa and Tyler mount the Wildcat 108 at ~+2cm from rec.

Fasa (the anti-turner) makes very few turns. I also don't know if I've ever seen Fasa ski switch in the several seasons I have with him as a daily ski partner. Why doesn't Fasa ski on the rec line if all he does is charge forward and (basically) only turn when trees get in the way? Because he rocks a very upright and centered stance, and while he can fold his boot effectively, having the ski engage into the turn with the slightest pressure aids his skiing style. Most of it is fast and straight, but occasionally he needs the ski to quickly turn left or right a touch.

Tyler (the high diver) skis very aggressively and in a lot of high consequence terrain, but is also a young gun who likes to throw a variety of spins and flips off big cliffs. Moving forward allows him some better air control and flickability for those big lofty threes or dumping 7's off Revy diving boards (see pic below). Now while he would get some help in the aggressive skiing department by being on the rec line, the air control and maneuverability are more important in his ski, because he can muscle through the chop and crud and doesn't need his ski to do as much work for him. The pros of air control and maneuverability are worth the extra leg work when driving through challenging terrain.

(onn what mounting back will do)
    I would be hesitant to move back as you will rely more on the tail of the ski and I think it will get tougher to move the tail around in dense 3D snow, as it will be more difficult to dump the tip of the ski into the next turn. The tail follows the tip, and if dumping the tip left or right becomes more difficult, the feeling you're experiencing might become more drastic.

You could certainly bump a cm or two forward, but it will cause the ski to engage into the turn much quicker and with a slight abruptness. If it's love in 90% of situations, I would probably stick with the rec line and make minor adjustments in how you ski that exact condition to both keep your skiing style that you enjoy, while making that 10% easier on you.

I"m just trying to avoid some over lapping holes. I just realized this is the 108 thread, mine are 116 pretty much exclusively used for pow days. 183 length.
    I have both. Same answer, go back not forward.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.